Official Android discussion thread

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
use sites, not apps to keep yourself updated with latest news.

Yes thats what i used to do...
but apps are better when you are mobile(away from PC) and saves lot of data when on 3G
anyway site or app how does that matter the content is the same

ajaymailed

In the zone
wonder why Samsung is not releasing any good mid-range ICS Android to compete new HTC or Sony Xperia line up. Galaxy S Advance was still 2.3. Galaxy Ace Plus isn't that impressive. Xperia has massive line up miro, tipo, U, Go, Sola.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Got to know about this deal:
HomeShop18.com Superdeals - Deals that last only minutes

After which Sony Xperia U can be bought at Rs 13,555 from HS18 instead of Rs. 16099 from FK.

Now Sony XPeria seems great at that price. 8 GB limited memory can be lived with. Only problem is the battery which seems meagre at 1320 mAh. So should I recommend it to a friend who was willing to buy a budget Android but couldn't since Micromax A100 is not available anywhere? :S

Can I know your thoughts Sam?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Yes thats what i used to do...
but apps are better when you are mobile(away from PC) and saves lot of data when on 3G
anyway site or app how does that matter the content is the same

i use opera mini and all important news sites are bookmarked. i have tried a few apps but didn't like any as major news makes it way there of which stupid filtering removes half the news and of the ones that are left, i didn't like any. also most of these apps show a slimmed down version of the whole news. and instead of keeping a ton of apps, a single app does it fine plus opera mini's compression saves a lot of data.

Can I know your thoughts Sam?

other than battery (which should last around a day under moderate use) it looks great.

roady

Digital Marketer
If you guys find go launcher crappy, what else do you use?
I just use that because it offers to flip the menu at the bottom of the home screen, thus adding over 10 app shortcuts easily.

By default it has call, contacts, settings, sms and browser but if you swipe it once, you can add another row of apps. Anything similar to this and not a bloatware?

mastervk

In the zone
I just use that because it offers to flip the menu at the bottom of the home screen, thus adding over 10 app shortcuts easily.

By default it has call, contacts, settings, sms and browser but if you swipe it once, you can add another row of apps. Anything similar to this and not a bloatware?

use adw launcher or launcher pro..

for ICS use apex or nova launcher..

coolfire92

Lurking Around

Most launcher have this feature.I am using holo launcher for quite a while after ditching go launcher.
Also Zeam launcher is another light-weight option

batman

Broken In
I want to move gameloft game data from internal sd card to external sd card of micromax funbook.I tried the app GL to SD.When I select the game and click move data,the moving data overlay window just shows up for a while and then disappears.So i guess the data has not been moved.Also selected the checkboxes for adding mount folder in the settings screen.Still no difference.Anything else I need to do?

P.S. - I did not root the device as funbook is pre rooted and Root checker app also confirms the device is rooted.

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
I want to move gameloft game data from internal sd card to external sd card of micromax funbook.I tried the app GL to SD.When I select the game and click move data,the moving data overlay window just shows up for a while and then disappears.So i guess the data has not been moved.Also selected the checkboxes for adding mount folder in the settings screen.Still no difference.Anything else I need to do?

P.S. - I did not root the device as funbook is pre rooted and Root checker app also confirms the device is rooted.

The method is recommended for samsung and lg i think!

ajayritik

Technomancer
yes if you use extended partition and script..there might be other ways too...
How do I do this? Do I need to root the device?
Also I'm using Android Assistant app and find that I'm not able to move some apps from Phone to SD Card. The button which says move to SD Card is disabled. Is there any max count of how many apps can be moved from phone to SD Card. Please help.

coolfire92

Lurking Around
Oh..is it..is there any other way to do this for generic android devices?

Use the link2sd app from playstore.That should work.Create partition using card reader and partition manager like minitools.If your device supports linux filesystems use that or use fat32.
If linux systems are supported,you can use recovery to make partition on the phone itself.

Renny

Padawan
I'm using Holo Launcher Plus (latest version). What is the widget in THIS pic which has buttons for WiFi, Bluetooth, Brightness etc? (Got it , its called Power Widget)

>Now, how can I re-size the dock icons on the screen?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Top Bottom