Official Android discussion thread

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
try ttorrent. small and efficient. UI is easy too.
Oh yeah..thanx
I installed it its very good...only problem is that for downloading unselected files I have again open the .torrent file by browsing & select those..can't
do it from the finished download :(

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Guys..I just bought my first android..Samsung Galaxy pocket..its awesome..but can anybody tell why cant I install "Temple Run"..It says version not compatible..plssssssssss help !

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys..I just bought my first android..Samsung Galaxy pocket..its awesome..but can anybody tell why cant I install "Temple Run"..It says version not compatible..plssssssssss help !

it requires ARM V7. All sub 10k Samsung have crappy ARM V6 processor. check for ARM v6 Temple Run (hacked version). not available at Play Store.

Renny

Padawan
Just installed Supercharger V6 (100% Supercharged); noticing a minor increase in speed. I guess Go Launcher is always a bit laggy.

R2K

In the Zone
Does Fast reboot work as it says? Is it safe ? I'm on stock ICS ROM and neither sony or google cared to add a reboot option on stock ROM.

coolfire92

Lurking Around
Just installed Supercharger V6 (100% Supercharged); noticing a minor increase in speed. I guess Go Launcher is always a bit laggy.

Go launcher now is nothing but bloatware.Huge resource hog.
If you find the phone is slowing down run the fast engine flush from supercharger installer

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
How do you guys manage sources on News aggregators like Pulse,Flipboard,Currents,Reader

For eg I use
Reader - For personal RSS like warez,movie/tv show releases etc
Currents - For the stuffs which i mostly read the articles too not just the feed like lifehacker, addictivetips etc
Pulse - the most used ...softpedia, cnet, ars technica etc...stuffs i just read the feeds not the articles
Flipboard - I have no idea how to use this effectively

And all of them are good in their own way (except maybe flipboard.. apart from an innovative way to browse news...it has got nothing)

So my question is how do you guys manage them all so as to use them effectively without repetition

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Got to know about this deal:
HomeShop18.com Superdeals - Deals that last only minutes

After which Sony Xperia U can be bought at Rs 13,555 from HS18 instead of Rs. 16099 from FK.

Now Sony XPeria seems great at that price. 8 GB limited memory can be lived with. Only problem is the battery which seems meagre at 1320 mAh. So should I recommend it to a friend who was willing to buy a budget Android but couldn't since Micromax A100 is not available anywhere? :S

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
So my question is how do you guys manage them all so as to use them effectively without repetition

use sites, not apps to keep yourself updated with latest news.

GSMArena: Mobile news and reviews. Their blog also acts as a nice source of offtopic news.
Softpedia: 90% of the latest tech related news are from softpedia.
Anandtech: in depth Mobile and PC H/W news. Special credit to dailytech which is a sub domain of Anandtech.
AndroidOS: Indian Android based news like launch date, launch price, pricecut, el cetra.
Google: Keep googling about something, read whatever i get :p

Top Bottom