Official Android discussion thread

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ don't know why but links opened from other apps while dolphin isn't running, makes dolphin open in non-private mode. maybe the problem was from my side. Anyways, still happy with boat browser.

ankush28

Bazinga
Chrome and Chrome Beta all the time :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on 4.4.2 and it looks like this. No time or duration mentioned.

*i.imgur.com/SIbDU4v.png

I can't even check only dialed or received calls.

My old HTC Explorer had these options.

WTF Motorola?

Click on it for more info!!
*i.imgur.com/Ljvywy7.png

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I'm on 4.4.2 and it looks like this. No time or duration mentioned.

*i.imgur.com/SIbDU4v.png

I can't even check only dialed or received calls.

My old HTC Explorer had these options.

WTF Motorola?
Use ExDialer man. The stock Android call dialer, call log, and SMS app are the worst I've ever seen.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Its $6. I was once used few ahem version of apps and got traced/blocked by Google. After that I started suggesting and buying paid apps :D waiting for some deals for titanium backup
You must be unlucky. I have used some ahem versions from time to time but didn't had like this experience. It's may be because I have turned off Google app verify.

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Lately my S3 is lagging a lot (for instance when i touch in a text field to bring the swift key on) and i have been facing some app crashes even after a factory reset. Even am getting very poor battery backup so am thinking of rooting it and flashing a stable custom ROM which might help me to some extent. But am completely nub in these things so please bear with me.

First of all how should I root the phone? Yes there are so many tutorials available on youtube and XDA but some says its the safest method, some says it's the easiest and other says it works with all variants of s3, some are for s3 with android 4.1 and others for 4.3, so am really confused so can someone guide me regarding this. Mine is on 4.3 atm, I9300.

What does the soft brick and hard brick means anyway? In which regard should i be careful when rooting it to be on a safer side?

And finally which ROM should i choose to flash on it after rooting? What things should I have to consider while selection a ROM? (Exact phone model? Android Version? Kernal or blah blah blah? )

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^ First of all, just cause your phone is lagging, is not enough reason to flash and putting up a Custom ROM. You can easily just reset the phone and get to the stock speeds. Rooting and flashing new Custom ROM is only justified if you want some features which you can't get without rooting like OTG support or using Titanium backup. Or if you are hell bored of stock ROM. But if you are just bored of "looks" you can just install many launchers (even Windows phone launcher) to experience a sea of difference in UI.

Secondly, questions like "what is soft brick and hard brick" is a basic question that you can get answers from many sources around the net. Best would be to read first 6 posts in this thread: *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/151345-faq-android-customization-tips-tricks.html

Next thing for you would be to browse XDA forum and just start on the "easiest" procedure to root. And keep trying unless you hit success. Also remember none would take blame if you mess up your device. So avoid it for reasons explained in first para. If you understand what you are doing, all the best.

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
I got bored of the **** touchwiz in just 2 days after getting the phone -_- So have been using Nova launcher from then, though have tried a lot of them but nova does beat them all for me. Anyways thanks for those links, will see what all i can collect from them. :)

ankush28

Bazinga
I got bored of the **** touchwiz in just 2 days after getting the phone -_- So have been using Nova launcher from then, though have tried a lot of them but nova does beat them all for me. Anyways thanks for those links, will see what all i can collect from them. :)

Try Trebuchet launcher then... You will be like
*i.imgur.com/Csiq4t6.jpg

Top Bottom