Official Android discussion thread

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys need help, I'm planning to take apps+data backup without using any third party apps.
So if I take backup on the folders is that enough.
* root/data/app
* root/data/app-lib
* root/data/data
* root/system/app
* root/system/priv-app
* sdcard/data/android/data
* sdcard/data/android/obb

??

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Guys need help, I'm planning to take apps+data backup without using any third party apps.
* root/data/app
* root/data/app-lib
* root/data/data
* root/system/app
* root/system/priv-app

??

if you have a CWM installed, just take a nandroid backup..
copying those files, one cant really say if something may go wrong or not..

amjath

Human Spambot
if you have a CWM installed, just take a nandroid backup..
copying those files, one cant really say if something may go wrong or not..

cwm will do full backup i need data +apk backup only

- - - Updated - - -

I have multiple issues with my rom right now

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I think no one can answer that properly, at least not unless you have real knowledge about Android framework.

So that's a bad idea simply. Don't think it's worth the effort to take chance by doing it without the help of a third party app.

amjath

Human Spambot
I think no one can answer that properly, at least not unless you have real knowledge about Android framework.

So that's a bad idea simply. Don't think it's worth the effort to take chance by doing it without the help of a third party app.

i use mybackup pro, since i have issues with rom, phone restarts and never stops

andy_65_in

Padawan
hi folks please let me know what to buy wuthin Rs 10,000.00-sam duos 2 or anything else-also shud i buy this from flipkart or ?- iam keen on a android with flash camera

Last edited:

kaz

right here
hi folks please let me know what to buy wuthin Rs 10,000.00-sam duos 2 or anything else-also shud i buy this from flipkart or ?- iam keen on a android with flash camera

Asus Zenfones are better option...And you should definitely buy from Flipkart if the price there is low than the market :)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
why are the pings on android are high and fluctuating ? when on the same wifi network my Laptop gives me stable and low pings ?

is it because background apps using small data ? if yes how to find out which app is using data ? any app similar to PC resource monitor

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
* root/data/app
* root/data/app-lib
* root/data/data
* root/system/app
* root/system/priv-app

??

Titanium Backup does a good job of taking app+backup of certain apps. Manually copying the files may not be good idea. How do you plan to copy those files? ADB pull ?

- - - Updated - - -

This is Weird guys, My Windows UI is lagging while USB tethering on latest CM11 Rom. As soon as i turn it off, the Lagging vanishes !! How is it possible to affect Windows UI through USB tethering ?

amjath

Human Spambot
^ sometime titanium backup create issues for any device saying android id mismatch. Some games data didn't work etc. Also mybackup pro and titanium backup, throttling at full phone usage during restore. That's why. Yeah by adb only.
Regarding tether, it might a bug. did you check cm thread

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Yeah it always says Android ID mismatch. I press ignore and restore the data. Have you got the latest version in TB ? I havent used any other backup apps other than TB, so cant really help you there..

Yes, its a bug. But how can it affect windows UI ?

Top Bottom