Official Android discussion thread

amjath

Human Spambot
My friend's galaxy s2 having a serious issue, it is allways in flight mode, it is not able to go non-flight mode. But he is able to access wifi. Any solution to this?

must be an issue with IMEI run this app
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.helroz.GSII_Repair
and click Repair GSII tab and select option 3 "repair"
try it and let me know

amjath

Human Spambot
Thanks for it

The problem is I have not rooted any phone yet, and what is busybox?

Root gets easier these days so no issues. Use oneclickroot
*www.oneclickroot.com

S2 is tested and supported so no worries
Busy box is an app, description says it all.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox

Knight2A4

In the zone
Hello,

After i have successfully completed rooting of my htc explorer & now i am focusing toward increasing the internal memory of explorer by Partition of sd card. I did found many treads about Partition sd card but some member in XDA forum are adviceing against the use of Minitool Partition of sd card & I also have CMW recovery which has partition opion present in advance setting but Its also considered as not a good option as per this thread Partition SD card using Clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.0 - Android Forums. The problems described it as misaligned partitions, which reduces speed. Now here is a xda guide for Correctly partition your sd-card for extended memory use.[GUIDE] Partitioning your sd-card correctly - xda-developers. here they require to change the recovery & also require S-OFF. but in following link in how to S-off your device they so not tell how can i check if my device is already S-off or not.Since i have rooted n as what i read in sam's guide if security was still on then i should have lost root access after reboot.Also the Rom i am think to install require EXT Partition is detected by recovery. *forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2375229.If any one here was able to do it easliy Please help me out.

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
What should I do to my Samsung Ace Duos. It sometimes takes a while to actually call after I tapped the call button. Does it slow down because of 2G Internet? It takes time to open simple things like Call Logs which a basic would have immediately opened.

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
What should I do to my Samsung Ace Duos. It sometimes takes a while to actually call after I tapped the call button. Does it slow down because of 2G Internet? It takes time to open simple things like Call Logs which a basic would have immediately opened.

Is it rooted?
and no it can't be because of 2g and Internet doesn't have to do anything with call logs :D

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Is it rooted?
and no it can't be because of 2g and Internet doesn't have to do anything with call logs :D

No its not rooted. When I open Call Logs, the down arrow (representing downloading) of the E (for EDGE) starts flashing. That happens when it is downloading something. May be its trying to access SNS contacts ? I don't know :!:

Call Logs is only one instance, it also takes time to open SMS. I don't have many applications installed but is 512 MB Ram not able to give a decent android experience?

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
No its not rooted. When I open Call Logs, the down arrow (representing downloading) of the E (for EDGE) starts flashing. That happens when it is downloading something. May be its trying to access SNS contacts ? I don't know :!:

Try a factory reset after taking full backup or if it's in warranty take it to service center. Though going to service center is not needed.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

Call Logs is only one instance, it also takes time to open SMS. I don't have many applications installed but is 512 MB Ram not able to give a decent android experience?

Try a factory reset after taking full backup or if it's in warranty take it to service center. Though going to service center is not needed.

Have added something more to my this particular post.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Have added something more to my this particular post.

Try not to use the Default launcher, use Apex launcher, download it from the play store.
Also, restart the phone every morning, before going out for college / office (before actually using it).
If possible root the set and remove the bloatwares - see if it improves.
I have used the set and yes, it is unbelievably laggy.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Try not to use the Default launcher, use Apex launcher, download it from the play store.
Also, restart the phone every morning, before going out for college / office (before actually using it).
I have used the set and yes, it is unbelievably laggy.

will try all that & post the review. This set is so laggy that my previous galaxy y was better in the first 6 months after which it also started showing sick signs of unusual lags. Though this is Dual SIM , I don't even use the second SIM as I am comfortable with one. The device is not yet recognized on xda developers website ( Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 )

Wonder if there ever be a Jelly Bean update of this crap.

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
will try all that & post the review. This set is so laggy that my previous galaxy y was better in the first 6 months after which it also started showing sick signs of unusual lags. Though this is Dual SIM , I don't even use the second SIM as I am comfortable with one. The device is not yet recognized on xda developers website ( Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 )

Wonder if there ever be a Jelly Bean update of this crap.

I am sorry for crashing your hopes but I don't think it would now ever get jellybean. Ace will be discontinued soon( i read someone on xda said it. Don't have source :( )
Try the steps above suggested and if you don't see any improvement I would suggest to root it.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
There is no Apex Launcher showing in the results on Play Store from this device. When I opened Play Store from PC, the description of Apex Launcher reads:
Apex Launcher helps you create a customized homescreen experience on your Android (4.0+) device.
This ain't 4.0+ :x.
Do I need to install a custom ROM to remove the bloatwares?

amjath

Human Spambot
There is no Apex Launcher showing in the results on Play Store from this device. When I opened Play Store from PC, the description of Apex Launcher reads:

This ain't 4.0+ :x.
Do I need to install a custom ROM to remove the bloatwares?

Else try go launcher, buzz launcher etc

Top Bottom