Official Android discussion thread

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Either extend your budget and get the Milestone/Nexus One/wait for Desire or buy the Samsung Galaxy Spica for 12k..

kalpik

^^ Nexus One *is* available unofficially.. Check ebay.in.. X10 is available but I personally think its a waste of a phone, but ofcourse my friend dreamcatcher here will love to disagree :p The Desire, even I am waiting for.. I've heard it will release by mid or end of April..

kalpik

HTC Desire..

A *very* comprehensive review of Desire: *www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/htc-desire-679515/review

Also, 15 best mobile phones in the world today: *www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-c...-best-mobile-phones-in-the-world-today-645440

Guess which one tops the list! :D

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Peoples N1 is a fantastic phone! Don't understand the apathy:oops:. One guy in my office sports one and its fantastic! Speed, display, integration with office's exchange mail everything is just so good!

IMO its much better that what iPhone was in its first iteration.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Can anyone help me with this rooting thing on spica!!!!
I followed these two guides

*spica-i5700.blogspot.com/

*www.greaky.com/2010/02/rooting-other-goodies-on-samsung-galaxy.html

My device shows up when I run the adb devices command
But when I run the next command, all I get is

C:\Windows\system32>adb shell mount -o remount,rw,codepage=utf8,vfat,xattr,check
=no /dev/stl5 /system
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
and sometimes this
adb shell mount -o remount,rw,codepage=utf8,vfat,xattr,check=no /dev/stl5 /system"

show notify : "mount: Operation not permitted
Help needed :(

sachitgul

Journeyman
Can anyone help me with this rooting thing on spica!!!!
I followed these two guides

*spica-i5700.blogspot.com/

*www.greaky.com/2010/02/rooting-other-goodies-on-samsung-galaxy.html

My device shows up when I run the adb devices command
But when I run the next command, all I get is

and sometimes this

Help needed :(

dude i just read somewhere that 2.1 has some issues with rooting..

its better nt to try it out at this moment..

thats y i will be waiting fr sometime..

kalpik

OMG! HTC Support is SUPER awesome! I emailed them asking if i buy desire from UK, will it be under warranty in India? They replied saying that warranty is country specific.. Then i replied asking about their plan to launch desire in India.. They freaking called me! The guy said they will launch it by end of april :D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Call them after you have bought the phone. Lemme see if they show the same interest in clearing up the niggles. :D
Nice salesmanship though..

kalpik

I'd prefer that i *don't* have to call them after i've bought their phone.. :/

And please, i've seen Sony Ericsson's service.. :|

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Well.. Some how I managed to root my phone using leshak's guide from samdroid forums.

But the thing is how would I know if my phone is rooted or not :p

BTW I have installed Better terminal emulator and when I type SU there prompt changes to #, so is that it?? Does that mean I have successfully rooted mine??

If yes, then what else can I do after rooting :))
I badly need a screenshot app, any recommendations :)

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
BTW I have installed Better terminal emulator and when I type SU there prompt changes to #, so is that it?? Does that mean I have successfully rooted mine??

If yes, then what else can I do after rooting :))
I badly need a screenshot app, any recommendations :)

In our phones it asks for normally permission before granting su rights. Something like this:

*img85.imageshack.us/img85/632/88865437.png

If you have rooted you should be able to take screenshots from the apps available from Android Market. Try downloading "PicMe" or "ShootME" from the market; they will work only if you have rooted your phone.

BTW check this site on benefits of rooting!

HTC Desire is one freakishly awesome looking phone! Now as I have bought the iPhone 3G S, I'd have to wait.
My HTC Hero has become unbearably sluggish. Should I do a restore? And are there any other good ROMs except MoDaCo for Hero?

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Last week I checked Hero in Croma and with OEM ROM it seemed pretty fast. Much much faster than my Magic. So if you have backed this OEM ROM restore it. Else on XDA VillianROM seems to be pretty popular. It has app2sd. Try it out! There are few others too.

My humble opinion; before restoring OEM ROM try a couple of these distros; there is nothing to loose:-o.

BTW in Croma Hero costs Rs. 19,990 ;)! Which is a very good price for a phone like Hero!

Top Bottom