Official Android discussion thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I apologize for being noob but no Idea what does flashing and rooting mean. I mean haven't tried them before.

flashing is installing software/operating system on a electronic item which is not a pc.

Not sure how to do back up of Contacts on my phone. Have a software using which I did a back up of SMS earlier.

its already backed up. simply go to settings>account & sync> and you'll see the email id that was used to login when you turned on the mobile for the first time. just to be sure, check Google Contacts. all the contacts should be backed up here if you use the same email id to login.

mastervk

In the zone
go to contact app and select option "export" .All contacts will be exported to sd card...(i am using CM7 so if your stock rom does not have this options download any contact app from play store (like go contact ex) and export..

Rooting : kind of like getting superuser access to perform advance option..you can check "superoneclick" windows app and use it for rooting if your phone model is supported..else check XDA for your model

flashing : It is simple 10-15 min task after you have downloaded all necessary files..

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys if I take a back up using the Google method then I'm not getting the contacts phone number displayed. Anyways I have taken backup using the .VCF file which should help I guess. Also taken back up of the apps. Will be taking back up of SMS. Tried using Android Sync Manager to take back up of SMS but it got stuck couple of times hence couldn't take back up.
Assuming I have back up of everything what's my next step? Hit the Factory Reset button?

Can someone give me inputs on how to flash my LG Optimus Net?

R2K

In the Zone
Could you guys please Suggest some games.
I'm looking for those easy & fun games like ant smasher and fruit ninja ( You know those time-pass kinda games :D).
(I'm NOT interested in racing or FPS games of any kind)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Could you guys please Suggest some games.
I'm looking for those easy & fun games like ant smasher and fruit ninja ( You know those time-pass kinda games :D).
(I'm NOT interested in racing or FPS games of any kind)

unblock me, bubble blast. or cogs, osmos from paid games.

rodeo

Right off the assembly line
@ajayritik bro, I need to contact you regarding S2 cracked screen. I tried PM'ing you but it seems your box is too full. Can you contact me at rahulreds1 at gmail? or atleast reply here with details if you got it fixed, for how much and where in Hyderabad (I'm from Hyd too).

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
All icons in this -> [Collection] ICON SETS | Over *750* different Icon Packs [INDEX on 2nd post] - Page 2 - xda-developers
After downloading how do i apply them?
Similarly please tell me some good icon packs app

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
All icons in this -> [Collection] ICON SETS | Over *750* different Icon Packs [INDEX on 2nd post] - Page 2 - xda-developers
After downloading how do i apply them?
Similarly please tell me some good icon packs app

You had the answer in the first post of that thread. :|

Changing icons on the homescreens

1. download the icons
2. copy/unzip to your phones sdcard
3. install Desktop Visualizer, its for free at the market.
4. long press on the homescreen and choose the widget "Desktop-Visualizer". there u can make shortcuts and choose also the size
5. done - have fun :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
is it only me or the Facebook app for Android really sucks?

They just loosened the HTML5 used in app to make it more faster. I think it did made a noticiable difference noticeable. Update it, if you haven't.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Tried 300ppi one works, other app packs of .zip when I change it too .apk gives me a parsing error while clicking it

amjath

Human Spambot
I think this link should added to OP

Android for beginners: Setting up your new smartphone - GSMArena.com

ajayritik

Technomancer
@ajayritik bro, I need to contact you regarding S2 cracked screen. I tried PM'ing you but it seems your box is too full. Can you contact me at rahulreds1 at gmail? or atleast reply here with details if you got it fixed, for how much and where in Hyderabad (I'm from Hyd too).

hi rodeo if you are still around you can get teh S2 screen fixed at any of the authorised Samsung Service Center here in hyderabad. It costed me around Rs 6.5k.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
please tell me how can i get this ::
really..
motorola droid 4 just for 99.99 $
man...
DROID 4 by MOTOROLA - Android 4G Smartphone - Motorola Mobility LLC. USA

i made to further pages for buying , but they dont allow zip codes higher than 5 letters

vipul619

whodiswhodat
please tell me how can i get this ::
really..
motorola droid 4 just for 99.99 $
man...
DROID 4 by MOTOROLA - Android 4G Smartphone - Motorola Mobility LLC. USA

i made to further pages for buying , but they dont allow zip codes higher than 5 letters

It's a US Site so obviously you cannot purchase it from there.
And at $99 it is surely under a contract.
An unlocked one is available for 20k here!

Top Bottom