'Of course I love you darling... Now just let me finish this game.'

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
we have seen a lot of murders/suicides/gun-shootings in USA and Japan mostly under influence of games...if someone plays video games 8-10 hours straight, this is sure gonna happen!

Man i just play continuously for 2 days , just yesterday finished darksiders 1 & 1/2 days but got darkcircles under my eyes !

:razz: but i never gone Rough :razz:

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ errr..what were you trying to imply!?(LOL) I was just telling something, I know very well not to generalize things, particularly when it comes to a concept like this.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
No.. what gagan did there is.. He never quoted you in his post. As I'm the one who posted before him.. i thought he is talking to me. And i thought.. "not all people are psychic my friend. it needs a lot of perseverance." was his response to my post. So, i replied "I'm not generalizing things and only talking about specific people"

But it seems that he quoted you now.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
I totally disagree with gagan :p

millions of people play games at a long stretch.. even become addicts. but they all don't go around and kill people.

IMO People kill people not because of games. they are already morons/psychos to begin with.

_

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
IMO People kill people not because of games. they are already morons/psychos to begin with.

True. Even I have played much more violent games at a stretch of more than 12 hours but never had a thought of rampaging the city causing mayhem.

Btw, to be honest, Silent Hill 2 made me a better person - morally :dog:

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Me too! God of war 2 convinced me not to believe in gods. And, Gran Turismo 4 taught me not to give up anything because of a failure.. All it takes is another try.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also think games can be used to improve morality and personality and can change a person's passion and attitude and sometime mentality too.

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Well I am surprised at all the above comments.
While playing Carmageddon and NFSes I used to have this urge to drive car hysterically, but got it under control as I understand my social duties and obligations.

After playing games like Quake, Half-Life, CS and Far Cry...I was beginning to feel the urge to pick up a gun and shoot all the bad guys I see on the road. Call me psycho but this is the fact and I am being very upfront about it with you guys.

abhidev

Human Spambot
I would like to thank all the game developers for developing such awesome games..as they gv us an opportunity to be one what we can't in real life...i mean to be a bad-a*** co-op action hero or for that matter god of war....nice!!!!:mrgreen:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Well I am surprised at all the above comments.
While playing Carmageddon and NFSes I used to have this urge to drive car hysterically, but got it under control as I understand my social duties and obligations.

After playing games like Quake, Half-Life, CS and Far Cry...I was beginning to feel the urge to pick up a gun and shoot all the bad guys I see on the road.
I do have the urge to drive fast but within limits. Real life equation applied :mrgreen:

Finding bad guys is not an easy process. But games like Prey (where you save the earth but initially started as a reluctant hero), The Suffering (where you have the choice to be evil, good or neutral, I chose the good and neutral ). Silent Hill (It's a big moral lesson, I shouldn't dispel the veneer), Tomb Raider (appreciating nature and wildlife, of course admiring Lara too), STALKER (helping fellows with medkits and sometime fleeced by the opportunists) etc indeed served their purpose for good.

I would like to thank all the game developers for developing such awesome games..as they gv us an opportunity to be one what we can't in real life...i mean to be a bad-a*** co-op action hero or for that matter god of war....nice!!!!:mrgreen:
True true. How could I have been on USG Ishimura, a planet extractor and how could I have sealed the Hell Hole after defeating Cyberdemon.:flu-glass5:

Top Bottom