NZXT Gamma is a great cabinet!!!

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes its true mega but here you go from the thermal right customer support reply. I got based on this .

The NZXT is compatible with CPU coolers up to 168.5mm in height *without* the side panel fan, and 143.5mm *with* the fan. The Silver Arrow is 163mm in height, so it is compatible if you remove the fan.

I could you see you routed the cpu cable under gpu and it touches the board and others . will it be fine as i find it difficult to route it. Kinldy help me.

I am overclocking to 4.2-4.5 max as of now. but now stock heat sink reaches 90 degree when load just 70 percentage of the cpu. not sure if it runs full 100 percentage.

Kindly help me.

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
The NZXT is compatible with CPU coolers up to 168.5mm in height *without* the side panel fan, and 143.5mm *with* the fan. The Silver Arrow is 163mm in height, so it is compatible if you remove the fan.
168.5mm must be w/o using mobo spacers... Coz when i measured, i got 168mm from mobo not proccy... So from proccy it adds ~7mm odd which makes it incompatible with SA..

I could you see you routed the cpu cable under gpu and it touches the board and others . will it be fine as i find it difficult to route it. Kinldy help me.
Yes.

I am overclocking to 4.2-4.5 max as of now. but now stock heat sink reaches 90 degree when load just 70 percentage of the cpu. not sure if it runs full 100 percentage.
Stop overclocking n change ur CM exreme 600 ASAP...

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Right now i am fine using SA. The customer support confirmed that heat pipe caps touching the case is not the problem and the heat sink itself would not touch the case. So now the cpu is cool and not reaching more than 60 at full load.

But unfortunately i cant use the 2nd fan. Soon wish to change the case with 170mm fan support any mid budget case please suggest.

Last edited:

jetboy

Journeyman
Hey Megamind...you have a cool setup man. That's really good cable management too. Thanks..Would try it on my NZXT cab @ home.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Hey Megamind...you have a cool setup man. That's really good cable management too. Thanks..Would try it on my NZXT cab @ home.

try to be as clean as possible with cable management. You can watch various videos available on youtube about cable management.

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
@ Megamind: I'm buying this cabinet for my new sandy bridge rig it's a good case why don't you post some instruction how to do a proper cable management.

d3p

PowerHouse
@MyGeekTips:

Generally or Most of the people will suggest you to buy few cable ties & then start stitching them on the best possible route.

IMO don't buy these cable ties !!!!

When you buy your cabinet & other component, sometime you will observe the wires will be tied with a separate wire. Now don't throw those wires. Those wires can save your cable tie cost & as well as whenever you want to remove you can remove.

Why we in india should avoid using Cable Ties ??

Remember when you stitch cable ties, you can't remove them so easily,even if you want to remove it involves some brute force or cutting the ties, which have higher amount of risk to cut the cable & end up spoiling the components.

Most of the times the cabinet & other components gets dust accumulation & to clean the cabinet you need to remove those cable ties. So IMO people who are using Cabinets, where its more prone to get such effects, they should avoid these cable ties to the max.

For Cable Management stuff...refer the below video.
[youtube]EBr7RzxsuLg[/youtube]

Tips from my learnings:

Tools Required: Phillip & Flat Screwdriver set, ESD gloves or ground yourself & propylene or distilled water, scissor, cable tying wires.

1). Unpack all the components from the Package, but don't remove then out of the ESD Bags[Electro-Static Discharge]. Unpack the motherboard & keep it above some the same ESD bag.

2). Then unpack the Processor from the box & remove the socket protector from the motherboard Processor Panel. Now install the Processor & close the socket. Refer the pictograph mentioned in the Motherboard Manual. After that install the After market cooler & RAM's on the motherboard.

3). Place the GPU on the Motherboard & make sure you place it in proper PCIe Slot based on the GPU.

4). Now open the cabinet & place it above the polythene cover or any bedspread, in order to avoid scratches. Take your PSU & mounted it where its supposed to be mounted. Place your HDD's on the HDD Cage & secure it with Screws. Remove the front panel cover & install the optical drives. Adjust the optical drive based on the requirement & tighten it.

5). Tighten the Spacers on the motherboard installation area inside the cabinet.Now take your Motherboard installed with other components like GPU, RAM's, Processor & screw it.Assemble every thing inside your cabinet, but don't connect any wires or cable. Now carefully observe, which can be the best route to take your PSU cables to Motherboard, HDD, GPU & other components. Make sure either you hide them on the otherside of the cabinet or make them to stick to the inside edge line of the cabinet.

6). Always connect your Control Cables first like HDD to Sata Ports on the Mobo & then connect the Power Cables after verifying the control cables are connected properly.

7). Always avoid jumping connections, no matter what kind of Cabinet it is. It not only saves space, it looks neater, easy to identify the faults & main part is Air Circulations inside the cabinet. Its really an added advantage on your cabinet.

8). Always wear the ESD Gloves while installing the Processor. Ground yourself while installing the other components like HDD or GPU.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@MyGeekTips:

Generally or Most of the people will suggest you to buy few cable ties & then start stitching them on the best possible route.

IMO don't buy these cable ties !!!!

When you buy your cabinet & other component, sometime you will observe the wires will be tied with a separate wire. Now don't throw those wires. Those wires can save your cable tie cost & as well as whenever you want to remove you can remove.

Exactly what I do always. ;) Particularly important if you upgrade regularly or have any plan to upgrade in near future.

d3p

PowerHouse
@MyGeekTips: Just update with some more additive info of your interest.
@SKUD: Thanks...Probably you can share some more experience or add few more points.

Megamind: 8,800 + views & more to go....Congrats & maintain the thread.....really nice.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@d3: nice step by step guide.. I knew them all except for the use of ESD gloves & grounding myself while installing hdd, gpu etc. :)
rep added.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Ya good guide though. I would not recommend gamma if a sli based setup. Its not required a full tower unless you are planning for 3 way or more gpu cf sli. also i would say gamma is best in class if matx is being used say gene-z of course by default it support atx but you will end up space constraints later stage when no of gpu added. Also its will be had to route the cabe via rubber hole provided as the atx closely touches it. But still its my one of the favorite first case i had got. Now moving on to CORSAIR they had impressed me first now getting slowly feeling bad because of lack of quality issues in the FRONT PANEL. Every one is had those issue. I am not the exception.

bibinjohn

Journeyman
hi... i bought the nzxt gamma cabinet. and received it today. I have one question. in the box that came along with the cabinet. there are screws. Along with the screws there are 10 black color things with 12 cm length. They all look exactly the same. i never assembled a desktop b4,

can ny one tell me what are these..

guru_urug

iGoogle
I think he means the HDD rack attachments. There are 5 pairs so 10 pieces in all.
They attach to the left and right of the HDD's length and are used to mount the HDD in the case slots in the front

*thebestcasescenario.com/oneslowz28/front_page/NZXTGamma/IMG_0076.jpg

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
^^My mistake, read it as '12mm'

@bibinjohn, This video explains well,

Quick NZXT Gamma Case Review - YouTube

Top Bottom