Nvidia drivers killing GPUs, Don't install anything after 320.18. Edit: Issues are now fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
first try 320.49 .. if that does not solve the issue roll back to 314.xx but someone I know having issues from 314.xx to 320.18 but 320.49 has fixed the issues for him .. if none of these works for you you can roll back to 310.90 WHQL which is a very stable version.

Hrishi

I have 320.18 driver installed and i was getting freezing problems in ME3 & Metro 2033 and BSOD's
I think it is because of this driver(I used to not have these problems earlier).
Should i update to 320.49 or roll back to 314.xx?

A clean removal of previous drivers , and then update to 320.49. If the problem persists then rollback to 314.xx .

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
If I buy a Forsa NVIDIA GT620 2GBDDR3 GPU,and install NVIDIA driver ver. 320.49(WHQL),will there be issues + problems?

I mean will the card be rendered defunct?

d3p

PowerHouse
If I buy a Forsa NVIDIA GT620 2GBDDR3 GPU,and install NVIDIA driver ver. 320.49(WHQL),will there be issues + problems?

I mean will the card be rendered defunct?

Nope, it won't be an issue. But make sure, you have adequate warranty & know the service contacts inside India when you buy from Forsa.

IMO, better to stick to makes from Zotac, Asus than Forsa.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Current 326.xx drivers are perfectly stable. No such issues and nvidia cards are perfectly safe.

The name of this thread is highly highly misleading, especially the part "Do not install anything after 320.18". Do not fall for it.

kg11sgbg

Current 326.xx drivers are perfectly stable. No such issues and nvidia cards are perfectly safe.
Thanks Mate for the latest news.

But Friend,where from are you getting the Current 326.xx drivers???
The NVIDIA as well as ZOTAC site mentioned 320.49(WHQL) version for NVIDIA GeForce GT620 Synergy Edition as the current or latest one.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Its 326.41 beta precisely. The WHQL version isn't out yet.

Download from here:

Drivers | GeForce

kg11sgbg

^Thanks again vicky.
But I shall wait for a few days more to get the 326.xx(WHQL) STABLE release drivers from NVIDIA.

I am uneasy to use the beta ver. of the driver.

What do you suggest? Shall I use the 320.49(WHQL) ver. OR the 326.41(BETA) ver. of the drivers by NVIDIA?

Hrishi

^^ Its 326.41 beta precisely. The WHQL version isn't out yet.

Download from here:

Drivers | GeForce

Not defying your opinion but at the same time TBH , one shouldn't fall for beta drivers if he worries about HW stability.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Not all beta drivers are bad mate. 326.41 is being tested by all reviewers currently and that too in intensive games and benchmarks. No issues at all.
Op can safely go with 326.41 beta.

Hrishi

^^ Not all beta drivers are bad mate. 326.41 is being tested by all reviewers currently and that too in intensive games and benchmarks. No issues at all.

Yeah , that's what I am saying.One should go for any beta drivers only after reading extensive reviews that negates presence of any bugs in the Driver.
Not all Beta drivers are buddy , but if anyone of th'm is then there's a good chance of permanent damage to HW.

I mean wait for few days after the release of Beta before trying.That's all I gotta say.

kg11sgbg

vicky, are you assuring?

kg11sgbg

^Downloaded all three NVIDIA drivers(64-bit format) :--->

1). 310.49(WHQL)* ------> suggested by our Friend topgear to have a hassle free mind....

2). 320.49(WHQL) -------> sceptical as according to all of your views

3). 326.44(BETA)* ------> suggested by You

Now a bit confused...and thinking.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^Downloaded all three NVIDIA drivers(64-bit format) :--->

1). 310.49(WHQL)* ------> suggested by our Friend topgear to have a hassle free mind....

2). 320.49(WHQL) -------> sceptical as according to all of your views

3). 326.44(BETA)* ------> suggested by You

Now a bit confused...and thinking.

For a GT 620, the choice isn't going to matter that much considering its performance. You can go for any of the three.
All of them are absolutely safe.

kg11sgbg

For a GT 620, the choice isn't going to matter that much considering its performance. You can go for any of the three.
All of them are absolutely safe.

Thanks vicky for the re-assurance and support provided.
Shall definitely give my feedback after attaching the new ZOTAC GeForce GT 620 GPU and installing any one of the drivers.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
so now you are using which driver version ? BTW, some people has reported that after installing 320.49 gpu default vcore voltage gone high and that's what made them overheat/malfunctioning - so if by any chance if youare going to use beta driver or any other 32x driver just monitor the gpu voltage [ idle and load ] using gpu-z and compare it with 310.90 if possible.

kg11sgbg

^Friend I am using NVIDIA 310.49(WHQL)(64-bit) as per your advice,but mostly trying to remaining "SAFEEEE".
Please vicky do not misunderstand me! I shall upgrade the drivers directly to 326.xx(WHQL)(64-bit),when that will be available.

My GPU-Z screenshot :
*img194.imageshack.us/img194/1817/qmmf.png

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I've told you to uyse this ;-)
NVIDIA DRIVERS 310.90WHQL

anyway, do post a pic of the sensors tab and if you want you can install 326.xx and compare the sensor tab of 310.xx with 326.xx to see whether there's any chnages in voltage value or not.

Hrishi

Also cross-check the performance mode of the GPU in driver control panel.
Make sure it's adaptive , I.e. controlled by driver , before posting results.

I think always on perf. Will keep your GPU on full p0 state. So use adaptive to ensure it's on blow only when required by games or app.
Measure the VCore and the core clock for that voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom