Nvidia drivers killing GPUs, Don't install anything after 320.18. Edit: Issues are now fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Been using 320.49 release from a past few days on my 9500GT. Nothing is overheating or crashing. I actually see a performance increment on a few games like DiRT 3.

GPU-Z-

*img.krow.me/di/5P5O/Capture.jpg

Yeah I OC'd my card, used MSI Afterburner for that :)

Last edited:

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
I recently got zotac 650Ti boost driver DVD has 314.22. I ran it first few days. Then reading that 320.49 has performance improvements , installed it. But to my surprise I hear fan noise in idle. When checking the Core voltage to my surprise it was around 1.3V on desktop. 314.22 had it hovering around 0.8V-0.9V. So the overvolt issue is true. Since then reverted to 314.22.

Hrishi

I recently got zotac 650Ti boost driver DVD has 314.22. I ran it first few days. Then reading that 320.49 has performance improvements , installed it. But to my surprise I hear fan noise in idle. When checking the Core voltage to my surprise it was around 1.3V on desktop. 314.22 had it hovering around 0.8V-0.9V. So the overvolt issue is true. Since then reverted to 314.22.

Yeah , overvolting issue is true. But I don't accept 0.9 to 1.3 as safe . That's too much increase.
Mine was always going into p0 state even when it wasn't in use. ( heard about nvidia optimus , right ? )

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Due to Windows autoupdate enabled,a new driver has been installed by Windows Update for the GeForce GT620 Synergy edition card.

Latest screen shots of GPU-Z :
*img138.imageshack.us/img138/4868/fwa4.png

Also screen shot of HD monitor :
*img29.imageshack.us/img29/9512/f8u3.png

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
I did, and my graphics card went kaput with the exact error pictured in the first post, it was Grid 2 for me though. I tried going back to the previous drivers, but that did not help either.

Edit - Unfortunately, my card is 3 years old, and its out of the warranty period, should have registered with Zotac for the extra warranty, damn! :(

Last edited:

Hrishi

I did, and my graphics card went kaput with the exact error pictured in the first post, it was Grid 2 for me though. I tried going back to the previous drivers, but that did not help either.

Edit - Unfortunately, my card is 3 years old, and its out of the warranty period, should have registered with Zotac for the extra warranty, damn! :(

Bad luck with you buddy. Should have read about it before you tried.

kg11sgbg

Is there any danger for my card with the latest driver upgraded by Windows,the driver 311.06 which has been installed?
Mine is the Zotac GeForce GT 620 Synergy Edition(1GB DDR3).

Hi all,successfully REGISTERED for the warranty of GeForce GT620 (1GB DDR3) Synergy Edition GPU at Zotac website,and got a Ticket No. in case any issue arises.:-D

Zotac emailed to me about the successful registration,and advised me to save the mail along with the Ticket No.

Thumbs UP ZOTAC!!!:lol:

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
I think Geforce 320.49 WHQL Drivers are fine too with my GTX 670.. Check the screenshots. To load my GPU, i used Crysis 3 with Very High settings with everything maxxed. :mrgreen:

kg11sgbg

I recently installed the NVIDIA 320.49 WHQL Drivers,but some issues seems to be present,very "minor" one.
Firstly the PhysX driver is not installed,and secondly the most important is that the installation takes ages (not completing!!!),it is struck at "UPDATING NVIDIA DRIVERS..." comment and the green horizontal actionbar seems to be stuck up.

Friends,particularly @topgear,should I revert back to previous drivers?

Screenshots :

*img17.imageshack.us/img17/1470/d0hw.png

*img571.imageshack.us/img571/4509/hbr.png

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
What is this Nvidia Bloatware with Drivers now a days. Nvidia Experience my ..., and why do we need an internet connection to install drivers,funny or am I missing something here!

And about drivers killing the cat and burning the house down.....calm down ....someone in the family with a 680 Sli is doing fine with 326 Beta and we lesser mortals are fine too as of now,nothing apocalyptic.:twisted:

kg11sgbg

Do not install 320.49 too.

Source:

Nvidia forums
*modcrash.com/nvidia-display-driver-damaging-gpus/#.UdrRPUE6DYP

One of our forum members had his GTX 680 dead because of this.

*i.imgur.com/jGXss8Oh.jpg

Just stick with 314.xx series for few days until everything is fixed.

EDIT: Apparently my above post is feeding misleading info according to one of our forum members. So this edit.

It's your wish if you want to install 320.49 driver or not. The issue with it is not as widespread as it is with 320.18 but few people do have issues with 320.49 while it is problem free for others at same time

Reverted back to 314.22 WHQL and everything is O.K.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
I recently installed the NVIDIA 320.49 WHQL Drivers,but some issues seems to be present,very "minor" one.
Firstly the PhysX driver is not installed,and secondly the most important is that the installation takes ages (not completing!!!),it is struck at "UPDATING NVIDIA DRIVERS..." comment and the green horizontal actionbar seems to be stuck up.

When you start the installation, the wizard ask for you to connect to Internet. As soon as you get connected and get Next button on Wizard, simply dc internet. In that way, the nvidia won't download drivers / update and it'll be finished successfully.

kg11sgbg

Performing a CLEAN INSTALL of NVIDIA 327.23(64-bit) WHQL Driver onto my machine.

But it seems to take ages for installation...

AMD Graphics driver(Catalyst Control Centre) was a breeze while installing...

Don't know why NVIDIA Driver installation sucks so much!!!

Hrishi

Performing a CLEAN INSTALL of NVIDIA 327.23(64-bit) WHQL Driver onto my machine.

How's it , stable ?? Which GPU ?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

last time i installed 326.80 WHQL something in my PC, it took few minutes not ages. and doing fine till now, no issues so far. Hope its normal

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
even I've never faced any issue while installing nvidia driver but two times I've seen physx installation taking ages but I was installing physx on a pc with AMD gpu anyway.

Hrishi

I was installing physx on a pc with AMD gpu anyway.

lol ,but why ? Isn't physx limited to Nvidia.

BTW , my Laptop recently underwent a complete re-install of MS Windows and updated the system with 326.xx driver.
Also installed latest Intel Hd4000 drivers. The System has not thrown a single BSOD yet. ( A week since re-install ).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
some games do need physx to be installed otherwise they just won't work for eg . Mafia 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom