Now Install IE7 on XP, WITHOUT WGA Validation ... legally !

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft makes available NEW IE7 build.

Beginning October 4th, 2007, Microsoft will make available a new IE7 build; "the IE7 Installation and Availability update (IAU)" for Windows XPSP2, x64 Server and Windows Server 2003. With this update, IE7 now installs without WGA validation, offering a streamlined First Run Experience and includes some minor enhancements to the browser and tour based on user feedback from folks like you. The updated IE7 will be available on the Windows Download Center (DLC) and the IE site.

Internet Explorer 7 is the first and only browser to natively support Extended Validation SSL Certificates to help prevent online fraud. The primary modification consumers will notice is the Menu bar is turned on by default. For first time users, the first-run experience includes a new, easily accessible Internet Explorer 7 overview, and the on-line Internet Explorer 7 tour has been updated to include how-to’s on great new features like tabbed browsing. This is an update to the availability of Internet Explorer 7 and not a new version of the browser.

Source : :rolleyes: www.winvistaclub.com

What could be the rationale for this move, btw ?

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
What could be the rationale for this move, btw ?
To support pirated windows XP and check the spread of alternative internet browsers(like firefox) on computers with pirated XP.What else?

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Yeah its pretty strange of MS to do such things...
Maybe it wants to make Pirated XP versions more secure!!
Too late for such a thing IMO.......

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Obviously, its for market share. Its losing on the browser front. I'd be more happy if WGA is removed from the update section. It was the worst decision by MS.

They removed WGA where it mattered the least!

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
The_Devil_Himself said:
secure?Do you think using IE7 is more secure than using Firefox\opera?

No, but certainly more secure than IE6 which is the most used browser ;)

QwertyManiac said:
I'd rather see it as Market Share instead of security for Pirated versions.

Yes I too think so...But as I said it might be a little too late to be able to make a big impact...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hey Anand

This info was under "NDA". Only for MVPs and not for public. I think you should not post about it at your site and in forums. :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
whats the difference ... its better to let ppl know rather than pirating they will now use the original stuff .... :)

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah vishal is right ! and plus i am mentioning again that you should not reffer your site agian and again to get hits.. please thats a request as you are a very old member ! :)

iMav said:
whats the difference ... its better to let ppl know rather than pirating they will now use the original stuff .... :)

iMAV : some things are secret, in a phase only for MVPs :!: ! and this new was under NDA which are not to be revealed.. one can loose the MVp status coz of this.. :(

Last edited:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Don't know about NDA. But if it were to be a secret, it should be kept as one. By the way, it had to be done as Vista allows to use IE7 without even entering the cd key ;)

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Vishal Gupta said:
Hey Anand

This info was under "NDA". Only for MVPs and not for public. I think you should not post about it at your site and in forums. :)

This info was mentioned in All About Microsoft and it is available as a download without the WGA verification.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ The information he posted at the site was a part of the mail which we received thru MS and was under NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement).

Anyway I was just suggesting coz I didnt want that he face any problem. :)

praka123

left this forum longback
the reason is windows xp is doing better and is supported upto 2009?and M$ dont want the anger of XP users and aspirants.
Vista is not doing the business which they expected.so ..

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Dont know anything about NDA.
But this is good move by Microsoft..But bad news for Opera and Mozilla.Now many people may shift to IE7.
and people will get more used of windows software.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
NDA=Non disclosure agreement(I guess).
But this is good move by Microsoft..But bad news for Opera and Mozilla.Now many people may shift to IE7.
No dude Once a firefox user always a firefox user IMO.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
The_Devil_Himself said:
NDA=Non disclosure agreement(I guess).

No dude Once a firefox user always a firefox user IMO.
Dont want to ague with you on Mozilla VS IE7.

But I prefer IE7 over Mozilla. It depend on user..what they like.So, no point to argue on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom