Not even a month... my Galaxy R is stolen

Krow

Crowman
Pattern unlock goes away when phone is restarted. And phone can be restored to factory settings to remove all stuff. Hope your email accounts are safe.

abhidev

Human Spambot
sorry to hear that buddy...hope you get your phone back soon.
I know this won't make you feel any better but recently one of my friend lost an Iphone 4s 32gb(bought for 42k), used it only for a month. The police refused to take his complaint saying that it was not stolen, he left the phone in the cab. He could track the phone for a while, but then the culprit kept it switched off or maybe even cleaned it up completely.

VilioGrove

Right off the assembly line
I'm sorry to hear that.:cry:. Did you go to the police station to have them check the location of your phone?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
sorry to hear that buddy...hope you get your phone back soon.
I know this won't make you feel any better but recently one of my friend lost an Iphone 4s 32gb(bought for 42k), used it only for a month. The police refused to take his complaint saying that it was not stolen, he left the phone in the cab. He could track the phone for a while, but then the culprit kept it switched off or maybe even cleaned it up completely.

I won't do that if I had one :|

police wont consider as a theft they insist on making a missing/lost complaint.
bcoz F.I.R needs to be closed once it is opened....& they won't get into this hassle

Gollum

Collector
Log a case with the local police
give FIR number to concerned service provider

service provider will get new sim details from the associated imei
[these details will be the complete address of the sim owner]

send report to police

nab the culprit

Legal Note:
As of 2009, any stolen item of value more than 2k gets the accused an option to be pardoned by the plaintiff.
Upon conviction, the accused can get jail time of 3- 3.5years

abhidev

Human Spambot

bcoz F.I.R needs to be closed once it is opened....& they won't get into this hassle

yea...but the police is not ready to take his complaint as he left it in a cab.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
really sorry to hear about the incident bro.
happened to me when my N73ME was stolen from car at traffic stop light! :(
i can understand the agony u must be going through now.
dont burden ur heart with grief, u couldn't have done anything about it. instead take this as a lesson. and yep, u were true with the statement that with such costly things....comes big responsibilities. (worries & tension, i say!)
engage urself in something which'll help you fade this incidental loss.
Good luck in future. :)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Yup,this has happend with my parents.
My dad and moms cell got robbed one from a lift in the mall.
And one from the table in our shop :shock:.
The police refused to take any complaint they said,Just say them to get a new sim,because by mistake you dropped your cell why going in an auto. :-?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys sorry for asking my query. Just wanted to check is there any way I can have my Phone blocked through Nokia if I produce the bill. I know most probably I will not be able to recover the phone. But just checking if it's possible to make sure the guy who got it should not be able to use. I used an online thing called MGIS to track the phone but those blokes didn't revert.

rajan1311

Padawan
Not sure about Noida cops, but bangalore cops are lazy.. i lost my phone too, never got it back...same with my friend's Defy+...

was it insured?

Zangetsu

Guys sorry for asking my query. Just wanted to check is there any way I can have my Phone blocked through Nokia if I produce the bill. I know most probably I will not be able to recover the phone. But just checking if it's possible to make sure the guy who got it should not be able to use. I used an online thing called MGIS to track the phone but those blokes didn't revert.

service providers can only block the IMEI :| which is called blacklist

OP
S

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
With these modern day super-multimedia phones, thieves might not even care that the phone is IMEI-blocked. They can still use the phone as a music player, video player, camera, storage device... maybe even install apps?

The 'phone' part of the phone is like a minor feature nowadays.

Zangetsu

With these modern day super-multimedia phones, thieves might not even care that the phone is IMEI-blocked. They can still use the phone as a music player, video player, camera, storage device... maybe even install apps?

very few thieves keep it with them while most of them sell it ASAP...after all they want is money...:mrgreen:

and professional thieves own very cheap quality phones :|

ajayritik

Technomancer
service providers can only block the IMEI :| which is called blacklist
If it's Service Providers who I have to rely on for blocking the IMEI thing then I don't think it will work. With so many service providers in the market am I expected to go and have this requested with everyone. No Way.
I don't agree with you here. The guy who gets the phone and doesn't want to hand over it to Police Station or something has only one intention to sell of the phone and get money out of it.
Yeah. I meant to say whoever the phone is sold to can still make quite good use of it.
I really doubt if there is someone who is really educated etc and from the right background will try to use it or not return to the owner. The guys who don't return I feel are primarily folks who are not that learned type and would not know much about some of the smart phones. So they would most probably sell it.

Santa maria, bro if you are investing so much on the mobile why didn't you get the phone insured just for mere 1000 bucks even if it's covered for one year.

Zangetsu

If it's Service Providers who I have to rely on for blocking the IMEI thing then I don't think it will work. With so many service providers in the market am I expected to go and have this requested with everyone. No Way.

Not like that bro,blacklisting a IMEI means it will be shared by every service provider..so need to go to each & every service provider..
bcoz a central database(universal) is used to keep the blacklisted IMEI :wink:

noob

Cyborg Agent
I can feel it buddy. I lost mine too. It was 2nd day to my new job place. I was boarding a bus from SEEPZ Andheri Gate 3 to Kanjurmarg station in evening while returning home. As soon as bus came, everyone tried to get in ASAP. I went in along with the rush.

Normally, i have habit of listening to music while travelling. My hands automatically reached my pockets and i was shocked just like you. It was my SE K790i, purchased it for 17K from 1st salary increment. I loved this phone. It was very special to me.

Moral of the story : Don't mess with "chakka" people on signal :D

How ? Well, in morning while i was in auto heading towards office, a "chakka" appeared out of no where at signal. I gave him 50p coin. Auto was about to start and then he literally did throw that 50p coin on my face and spoke something. Above incidence happened the same evening :mrgreen: Since then i am very generous to "chakka's" on signal

Top Bottom