Not able to log in to my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxtor

Journeyman
I have a 64-bit computer with Win 7. My computer was always set to an auto log in without the need for password. Yesterday I tried to increase the size of the C drive after which it started showing me 2 options Admin and User when I logged in, but when I clicked on either it logged me in without password. Being a bit irritated with a screen with Admin and User instead of an auto login I attempted to fiddle around to set it back to an auto login like I had before. While doing this, in one of the steps I got a box that showed:

Administrator
Password
Password again

So I filled in a password that was easy to remember. I didn't test to check the auto login and I continued with my work and forgot about it

Today when I logged in I saw two options again - Admin and User. This time when I clicked on either it did not proceed to log me without password in as it did previously. I tried logging into both using the password that I had used yesterday but I just can't log in. I tried to go into safe mode and find system recovery but it goes to a screen that shows Username or Password is incorrect. After I restart also it comes to a screen that shows a cross sign and the message Username or Password is incorrect

Someone please help me with this issue so that I can find what is the password for admin and/or an auto login again.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well you can't get the password, however you can reset it using some boot tools like System Boot CD and some others. :)

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
I did some more research online with another computer and was able to resolve it using Trinity Rescue Kit.

There is a Youtube video entitled 'Reset Forgotten Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Passwords With Trinity Rescue Kit [Tutorial]' which gives all the steps.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
The best and "smallest size" (5MB only) pass cracker is Offline NT password & registry editor. I have used it many times and it never failed.

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
I did some more research online with another computer and was able to resolve it using Trinity Rescue Kit.

There is a Youtube video entitled 'Reset Forgotten Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Passwords With Trinity Rescue Kit [Tutorial]' which gives all the steps.

The best and "smallest size" (5MB only) pass cracker is Offline NT password & registry editor. I have used it many times and it never failed.

It seems you did not read my post saying that the issue is resolved.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
maxtor said:
Someone please help me with this issue so that I can find what is the password for admin ....

What does it mean then ?

And how come windows will auto log on if you have 2 user accounts?

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
What does it mean then ?

And how come windows will auto log on if you have 2 user accounts?

I have explained in post no. 3 how I resolved it.

"And how come windows will auto log on if you have 2 user accounts?"

I don't know as I am not a techie - go figure it out if you're a tech expert on this forum...I am not, I am just a grateful user who comes here to find solutions and also write what solved my issue. If you want to specific questions about the steps that I undertook feel free to ask but first make sure you read the entire thread.

If there are no more questions pertaining to my OP or post no. 3 consider this thread as closed.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well Trinity Rescue kit is also basically a boot time software IIRC. Its a community and we help each other, no point in saying someone is expert or not and saying someone to find answer if he is expert, whats the point of that.
Anyway good to now that your issue was solved.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have explained in post no. 3 how I resolved it.

"And how come windows will auto log on if you have 2 user accounts?"

I don't know as I am not a techie - go figure it out if you're a tech expert on this forum...I am not, I am just a grateful user who comes here to find solutions and also write what solved my issue. If you want to specific questions about the steps that I undertook feel free to ask but first make sure you read the entire thread.

If there are no more questions pertaining to my OP or post no. 3 consider this thread as closed.

Sorry I missed your post #3, my bad.

Regarding being an expert, no body is supposed to know all the things. We learn from each other. Good to know your solved your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom