Not able to copy discs

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I was trying to copy a disc with Ubuntu in a Windows XP Pc using Nero. But I am getting this error after the disc is copied in the system-

*oi63.tinypic.com/dowil0.jpg

The original disc is a Mmore disc. I tried copying in Mmore's disc itself along with Sony's blank disc but I got the same error. If I click on ok then Nero copies the disc but there is nothing in the disc after Nero finishes with it.

Why is this happening?

How to create an .iso image of the cd(I am asking for a simple software, the specs of the pc aren't high)? I will try to burn the .iso image to a disc.

I don't recall the version of Ubuntu which is in the disc. Could you please tell which is the simple version of Ubuntu? I use it to boot in a pc with windows 98 sometimes. I will redownload it and burn it on a cd. Surprisingly if I use HBCD in this pc it doesn't show up files of C drive, so I have to use Ubuntu. A quickie, why is that?

Thanks

Nero has a tool called CDSPEED that can do an over burning test of your particular brand of CD. It should give you some idea on just how much you can over burn. I have some really cheap 80's that I can get 2:35 minutes extra on them. I also have some 90 minute CDRs that my Yamaha burner handles okay. However, with the extra length burns, you run into the problem of some players not being able to read the leading properly. My CD player in my car has this problem. But then, 90+ is in the "extreme overburn" area.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
How to create an .iso image of the cd(I am asking for a simple software, the specs of the pc aren't high)? I will try to burn the .iso image to a disc.

ISObuster / UltraISO.

The disc is not getting burned due to the overburned space.

There is no "simple" version of ubuntu. Download any LTS version, that should be fine.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Overburning basically means writing to a CD more than the permissible limit, which is 700 MB here.

It's LTS, sorry for the typo. Long Term Support.

I don't get the overburning thing. Mmore & Sony's cd are of 700 mb. Ok Sony's cd can add few minutes/seconds less data as per the screenshot, but why is the same error coming when we try to copy the data from a mmore disc to a mmore disc?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I don't get the overburning thing. Mmore & Sony's cd are of 700 mb. Ok Sony's cd can add few minutes/seconds less data as per the screenshot, but why is the same error coming when we try to copy the data from a mmore disc to a mmore disc?

Apparently that means that the specific disc does not support overburning.

Top Bottom