Norway snatches away children from Indian couple!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Norway snatches away children from Indian couple?

Have child care professionals in Norway snatched two toddlers, aged one and three, from their parents because they have equated the Indian way of bringing up kids to child abuse? It depends who you ask. Aishwarya and Avigyan's parents insist Child Welfare authorities in Norway have committed a grave crime based on cultural ignorance. The authorities in Norway say they are neither ignorant nor biased.

Watch the video at:
Source: Norway snatches away children from Indian couple?

That is totally not acceptable! :-x

Sarath

iDota
I was initially skeptical but this article throws more light and leaves no scope for prejudice

'Child snatch' spat with Oslo - Yahoo!

The couple say the childcare workers gave "bizarre explanations" for taking the children away.
"They said the mother was incapable of taking care of the children ---- that our daughter looked at the faces of other people around her instead of her mother's was evidence that we were not taking proper care of her, and that our son remained aloof in the kindergarten and banged his head on the floor," said Anurup, who has been living in Norway for the past six years and married Calcutta girl Sagarika in 2007.

*www.ndtv.com/article/india/norway-...ples-kids-say-feeding-with-hands-wrong-167660

What did they do wrong? They fed the children with their hands and the infants slept in the same bed as the parents. "My son was sleeping with my husband. They said he should sleep separately from your son," said Mrs Bhattacharya."Feeding a child with the hand is normal in Indian tradition and when the mother is feeding with a spoon there could be phases when she was overfeeding the child. They said it was force feeding. These are basically cultural differences," said Mr Bhattacharya.

Wow!!

This is a sad development. I hope they get back their children as soon as possible.

Of course, since minors are involved, usually the exact details are kept confidential. Their might be more it than meets the eye. If information is being concealed for protection of the minors then it is difficult to come to a judgement.

However if that is true, what is more saddening is that an entire country is screwed up. Don't know whether to pity the parents or the citizens of Norway :| Can't believe a nation being so ret@rded

I however hope they get their kids back.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If that's the best reasons which Norwegian authorities have came out with, "feeding children with their hands" and "sleeping on the same bed with their children" then I guess every damn Indian parents are culprits!!

Totally absurd!

Sarath

iDota
Europeans do not care about their children like Indians do so the authorities have to step in to cater to it. I have no idea why would they apply it to Indians.

Forget about cultures, eating with your hands and sleeping with your parents is the most natural way to care and protect your progeny since time immemorial.

Apply the same to Norwe's, feeding with hands means that the parents are careless to not feed with spoon, which is what they are accustomed to and taught since childhood and most likely have no habit of hand-washing so it's pretty unhygenic. Also keeping children in the couple's room can lead to bad consequences...they don't really care about the Children's presence and do their "thing".
In such circumstances such laws might make some sense when applied to their countrymen. But extrapolating it to the entire world is stupid to say at best.

It's a foolish country, to say the least. Strange to address an entire country but it seems apt this time. Looks like some people failed to evolve into intelligent beings. :| My condolences.

What was I thinking :| :p

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^ya saw this news today morning on Star News channel

The Parents have rights to get their children back.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Europeans do not care about their children like Indians do so the authorities have to step in to cater to it. I have no idea why would they apply it to Indians.
However if that is true, what is more saddening is that an entire country is screwed up. Don't know whether to pity the parents or the citizens of Norway :| Can't believe a nation being so ret@rded
Er not neet to react over the top. This is like saying the punishments for murder means that all people are murderers.

It's a foolish country, to say the least. Strange to address an entire country but it seems apt this time. Looks like some people failed to evolve into intelligent beings. :| My condolences.
No need to stereotype.

Feel sorry for the parents though if there is nothing more than this.

I'll say it again criticize the law, the narrow mind-ness and lack of cultural understanding; but do NOT abuse or stereotype an entire nation. Because then you cannot take the moral high ground since you yourself would be deemed narrow minded and refuse to understand their culture as well.

Sarath

iDota
Sterotype = less effort to make comments ;)
Was fully aware of the cons and pros of that.

But they are actually quite different. We know so much of the world. As a culture despite the poverty we still fare better then most.

You can't go wrong with stereotyping when you say Indians care for their kids more than the western couterparts.

This is like saying the punishments for murder means that all people are murderers.

It's one thing to commit a murder. Quite another to witness it and do nothing about it.

The outsider penetration is very low in these countries which means they lack the exposure necessary to tackle such problems properly. The same in case with other exotic countries which sees no or almost negligible migrant population.

Can't blame the law when people are mute spectators to it

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Make more effort then. If stereotyping and hate filled posts are encouraged this place will resemble more like rediff.com comment section. You'll agree we don't want that.

Don't get me started on Indian culture, it's not something one can EVER take a moral high ground on.

You can't go wrong with stereotyping when you say Indians care for their kids more than the western couterparts.
That's no stereotyping but plain bullcrap. Typical Indian arrogance at its finest. Bet you've not met and seen a single non-Indian child care.

The mute spectator analogy doesn't work here. Their law in question is apparently for protecting the interests of children. In this case it seems to have been out of order and overly harsh on an Indian couple based on cultural misunderstanding probably. That doesn't warrant calling them or their laws retarded though.

tkin

Back to school!!
This entire process to separate children from parents(for eg: force them to sleep in their own room at early ages) has destroyed the entire western youth, without proper guidance they turn into hooligans and this results into affairs like uk riots, college shootings etc, our own way of taking care of our children is a lot better.

Come on, sleeping with parents is negligence? Maybe in the west where most people become sadistic, abusing parents.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
What a way to generalize.

this results into affairs like uk riots, college shootings etc, our own way of taking care of our children is a lot better.

Right, because the scene here is *soo* much better.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
This entire process to separate children from parents(for eg: force them to sleep in their own room at early ages) has destroyed the entire western youth, without proper guidance they turn into hooligans and this results into affairs like uk riots, college shootings etc, our own way of taking care of our children is a lot better.

Come on, sleeping with parents is negligence? Maybe in the west where most people become sadistic, abusing parents.
:cool:

Top Bottom