Norway snatches away children from Indian couple!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually Persians couldn't pronounce the "S" in "Sindh" and started referring to this region as "Hind" and the inhabitants on the other side of Sindhu river as "Hindu."

From "Hindu", Sindhu river came to be called as "Indus" as (may be) Britishers liked the word. From "Indus", we got "India" again (may be) because Britishers liked the word. Greeks already refered the river as "Indos" and the country as "Indoi" ages before everyone.

am I kurrect without Wiki?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No one was actually bothered about the fate of kids. "Yindans are bettah than Europeans" - that's what we were bothered about.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
New twist in Norway child custody case as father files for separation - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: Misfortune and uncertainty are dogging the two children - Abhigyan (3) and Aishwarya (1) - separated from their parents by Norway's Child Welfare Services. In a dramatic unravelling of the case, the children's father, Anurup Bhattacharya, has filed for legal separation from his wife, Sagarika. Not just that, he now wants the kids to remain in Norway and their uncle, who was to get their custody, no longer wants to be their guardian.

The fast-paced developments took place after Anurup filed for separation, alleging he was being repeatedly beaten by his wife. Possibly fearing estrangement from her children, Sagarika is learned to have threatened to sue the uncle, Arunabhash Bhattacharya, if he were to take the children's custody and bring them to India. This made Arunabhash decline their guardianship.

stick to the topic.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The way i think the European kids are brought up is better than how we Indians are, on the grounds of self-sufficiency atleast.

From what I heard, most european parents stop supporting their children on completing 18 years of age. Hence, forcing them to find work to sustain themselves, thus teaching them self-reliance. In India, some of us are 25 still depending on parents :p

PS: Not me, I am 23 and employed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
So many yindans and the yindan media absolutely embarrased themselves. Christmas has come. :lol:

If I had a penny for everytime an Indian classlessly stereotyped others while knowing NOTHING about their culture, and living with their pseudo-cultural zealatory, I would have been a billionxbillion-are. :))
^^
This entire process to separate children from parents(for eg: force them to sleep in their own room at early ages) has destroyed the entire western youth, without proper guidance they turn into hooligans and this results into affairs like uk riots, college shootings etc, our own way of taking care of our children is a lot better.

Come on, sleeping with parents is negligence? Maybe in the west where most people become sadistic, abusing parents.

gg

P.S.: Media having some fun here it seems with twists and turns - *www.thehindu.com/news/international/article3019808.ece?homepage=true

Tech&ME

Banned
Everyone here is talking about culture !!

A Culture to every country is different and may be good or bad for that particular country.

It is baseless to talk and argue, on culture.

Every culture can have pros and cons, we (or our culture) are no different.

One person in America may like to eat BREAD during breakfast, another person from India may prefer to east ROTI during breakfast. Similarly, An American parents would like to bring up their children the way they want to and it applies to all other countries also.

What fishy about this case is not exactly about CULTURES, their is something which the Norway authorities picked up about the children's parents which the authorities have not made it public yet.

There is definitely something that the Norway authorities knows about the Parents that, I and we all don't know about.

They are hiding something from the media also.

IMO everyone has their own ways to up bring their children and all the methods are good. The parents in question might have committed something extraordinary which compelled the Norway authorities to mediate.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
What fishy about this case is not exactly about CULTURES, their is something which the Norway authorities picked up about the children's parents which the authorities have not made it public yet.

There is definitely something that the Norway authorities knows about the Parents that, I and we all don't know about.

This, this, this.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

A Culture to every country is different and may be good or bad for that particular country.

One person in America may like to eat BREAD during breakfast, another person from India may prefer to east ROTI during breakfast. Similarly, An American parents would like to bring up their children the way they want to and it applies to all other countries also.

IMO everyone has their own ways to up bring their children and all the methods are good. The parents in question might have committed something extraordinary which compelled the Norway authorities to mediate.

You are right, we'll never know the full story. What we know is what we read in the papers (news). But, even the newspersons might not know the full picture.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

They follow the Nordic Model. Which is quite different from ours. That is an issue which diasporeans face. When they go to another country, and cannot adhere to rules and regulations of the host nation.

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
yes they broke some law relating to the Child Welfare, and this is what exactly the Norway authorities are not telling the media, which law ( read section ) the parents in question break.

Norway laws could be more strict then ours (I guess), but surprisingly India also has similar law on Child Welfare for the Indian citizens and foreigners.

Link

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
yes they broke some law relating to the Child Welfare, and this is what exactly the Norway authorities are not telling the media, which law ( read section ) the parents in question break.

Norway laws could be more strict then ours (I guess), but surprisingly India also has similar law on Child Welfare for the Indian citizens and foreigners.

Link

They will not. Privacy of children. Never will it be divulged.

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
True. And never it should be divulged. [ Media will make a mockery out of it, we all know how media is world-over !! ]

Top Bottom