which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spidyweb

Broken In
what would u say abt Se K750i?
witin 18k,its got everythin'
like u say what u need it l provide(it has provided so tht u cnt say "yeh dil mange more")
and think abt the accessories it provides
NOKIA cant provide it in the near future in tht price

escape7

What? Where? How?
Nokia has a better battery life & an easy to use interface (my personal experience). I find the camera of nokia better but the sound quality of se phones (later ones) are good.

nirubhai

Broken In
escape7 said:
Nokia has a better battery life & an easy to use interface (my personal experience). I find the camera of nokia better but the sound quality of se phones (later ones) are good.
totally disagreed on the camera point. please prove with reference.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ infra_red_dude

Things were in favour of SE until now. The newer series from Nokia like 6630,3230,6680 nd 6681 is superior in image quality(of cam). They have better reception nd more flexibility in software field.
Only K750i nd W800i can match up with Nokia in terms of Camera.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmmm kinda. but comparing the phones, 6630 has a 1.3mp cam so does 3230. compare them wid the equivalent contender thats the s700i and you find that audio quality on s700i is better than any of those.

compare 6600 and k700i and theres simply no comparison on the multimedia front. k700i's cam is better. 6680/1 are good competators for the k750i while there's no comparison for w800i (tho its the same as k750i wid some tweaks). compare 6610i and T610 and you find t610 is better. compare k50xi and there you haf it...no phone in the same category from nokia...

i still say that only the high end phones from nokia are worth their buck. audio and camera are, yes, dramatically improved. but for lower end phones...its simply not worth it... but the best of the lot is the N6630. i just love this phone..got really decent features except for the fact that there's no built in FM.

yeah of corz the mid range phones from SE from the "memory effect"!!! ;) ;)...no expandable memory....

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
dear nokia fanatics...plz checkout latest compairisn between se n nokia....se kicked nokia in price, style, featers n cam quality
se offers 2mp camera for just round 17k..where nokia goes beyond 30k look for urself.
cheers

lighthouse911

Broken In
he he, I stringly disagree with Nokia fans who tell nOKIA IS BETTER THEN se IN CAMERA.iT IS NOT.

I have the w800i and it incidentally takes better pics then the "CARl Zeiss" equipped N90.

nirubhai

Broken In
@aravind_n20
again!.... prove with reference... just don't make it ur choice. i havn't seen any site supporting ur statement!

Ablenwill

Broken In
I think SE gives lot in low price but lacks practicality if u have seen then P900 dont have realplayer installed by default n also not sure if it supports. Where in nokia is giving some quality stuffs preinstalled on its phone. U cant compare t610 with 6610i as later one is just upgraded wit cam for name n t610 is full product I have used both n t610 is undoubtly winner but lacks memory also its audio and charger pin sucks. Also SE doesnt support all the audio format supported by Nokia also many application n games r available for Nokia wherein less for SE but not aware about the new models. It seems like Nokia is Wintel and SE is amd+linux. Its upto individual what u want and how much u can pay. Both are good company with various good product.

aadipa

Padawan
Being a J2ME programmer i can definitely say that SE phones are better than most popular Nokia phones in term of processor speed, audio format support, (Nokia S40 needs OTT while SE can play MIDIs which are much better), and general operational speed.

Similarly Nokia S60 phones, even the owners will agree, are slower than similar SE phones.

Don't compare Pxxx with other phones coz they are not just a phone but a PDA and Nokia don't even offer a PDA :p

EDIT: Oops Nokia has a PDA, S90 phones, now compare :p

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
yea but the S90 phones are ridiculously expensive. And the specs are similar to the W800i anyways. Except that you have a memory slot which is expandible to 4GB. Does not warranty a 37K price tho. I thought they would be much more competitively priced.

nirubhai

Broken In
Ablenwill said:
It seems like Nokia is Wintel and SE is amd+linux.
Now you are talking! But still SE is much more easier than Linux.

Nokia is popular only because it has wide range of models especially the cheaper ones. But, Nokia is way behind SE & others in the multimedia range.

SE plays even lowest bitrate mp3 songs with optimum quality! (which is of the size of .rm files) just try it with Nokia and you will know. Windows has in-built support for mp3 & not for .rm files. So users can copy the mp3 files they listen on their PC without converting.

The PC application that Nokia bundles is a headache till you connect successfully.

SE supports J2ME games & applications.
And the most important thing I noticed is most Nokia phones with BT are infected by some virus! Just turn on your BT and roam around in public. Every 5 minutes you get virus files. SE gets unmatched security that Java offers.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well thing why SE stick to their propriety OS is they don't wanna depend on anyone else for anything! look at the memory storage! you won't find any SE phone wid memory slot that supports SD/MMC!!! they want users to use Memory Stick/pro/duo!

well in a way this is bad coz then portability is affected! but nevertheless i haf been and even in future be an SE fan....! SE rulezzzzzz!!! :)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The Ngage which is priced as low as 7.5 k has expandible memory and bluetooth and features of high end phone(but no cam). SE has no models at that price range to compete.

nirubhai

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
well thing why SE stick to their propriety OS is they don't wanna depend on anyone else for anything!
nokia does have its propritery OSs. SE or nokia, uses symbian for smartphones.

infra_red_dude said:
you won't find any SE phone wid memory slot that supports SD/MMC!!! they want users to use Memory Stick/pro/duo!
because its their product. and most sony products (digicams etc.) use same memory cards. so in one way, Memory Stick/pro/duo is compatible with all sony products.

aravind_n20 said:
SE has no models at that price range to compete
sony has playstation.....

hehehehe kiddin...
yes, SE does not have a gaming cell.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
infra_red_dude said:
yeah? the t610 has 65k color screen, camera, bluetooth, IR but no expandable memory and its prices under 6.5k!!!
Don't compare T610 and N gage/QD. T610 is an old phone. One of my friend had that, the joystick thing was broken and we had to replace it. We went to SE center (only one in Chennai, AFAIK) he said there are no "parts" to replace it. Eventually we went o to buy Nokia 6230i the next day.
The keypad are worst in the T series of SE phones (T630,610,100,230,105,etc...).

I believe, now they are developing another model of the same N Gage type and will be out by next year.

G

nokia has got the best interface among all fons .. i used it and i m crazy of it..

i used erricsion in early days .. it was also good but not as nokia..

one prb with nokia is that they are releasing so many of mobile its hard to remember the each one's no ..!!!!

and nokia phones are so many so u will became general among all .. not different to flaunt..

whatever but i vote for nokia..

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
grgrudge:
Don't compare T610 and N gage/QD

ok then compare it with K700i priced little higher then QD comes with FM, cam with recording, bluetooth, infra, 65k screen n internal memory....

The keypad are worst in the T series of SE phones

Well thats surprising....i used T100 for 4 yrs with all accidents like falling off table etc., eventually even went off my running bike but i still see it work with all bruises on....u mite hv had some technical problem wit dat...ya on d contradictory i do agree that nokia are more durable than any other...but off all....se can also take hammering of daily life atleast....

i had always wanted for nokia but ultimately had to settle wit SE as my budget always showed me better option as SE.

for eg:- i went to get 3220, saw new K300i much-much better than 3220 wit almost same price....again went for 3230 but came wit K750i...again big difference....earlier was going for 3315(not sure) n came out wit t100.

so u see here SE has always wat we want in terms of price, features etc. its just we hv to realise d fact.....just like amd took over intel but indian ppl took time to realise it...they will take time to realise wat se is offering them than nokia....try d following site-

www.gsmarena.com (latest reviews n compairisns)

cheers[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom