• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lighthouse911

Broken In
typo error

drgrudge said:
gxsaurav said:
i & many of my friend who are using 6600 find my phones keyboard a lot better then 6600, but again, it is subjective
What? 6600's keypad better than 6600's keypad? :lol:

well I agree with sneha and please do not laugh at anyone's typo error!

it is a common mistake and atleast a trusted member like you should not do it.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I knew it was a typo, I posted it in sarcasm.
You guys dont know abt this gx, he has been flammed many times, and he posts without getting the facts right.

Looks and shape;I can agree but keypads? We all know that Nokia makes the best keypads (or atleast IMO from the mobiles I have used)... SE phones are definetly no-no for SMS junkies.
Their worst keypdas were in T100/105, T230 series.. the joysticky thing in the T230 prolly dont work after some 11-13 months for sure.. even T68i for that matter.
I know these are old models and no loger available, but still their keypads are not upto the mark.

lighthouse911

Broken In
yeah
well Atleast they are regular in shape::

have a look at the keypads nokia has given us in 3650,7610.and who can forget that foolish model 7210.

And you say nokia has the best keypads

but nokia is much worse off Se. and there was a certain model called 7600 too rite.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Ok.. certainly you are fighting a losing battle in this regard. Come on dude, Nokia got atleast 10 times more model than what SE has.
3660/3650 got a circular keypad which is not good for SMS, but as a quality and for SMS it's good (or atleast better than 90% of the SE phones).

Atleast they try some thing different. 3660 has circular thing, 7260 has something like a snake shape, 7600/7610 to some extent like a leaf shape.N gage has something different...

7600 is far far better than 700i's keypad, I have used that phone, it's really good, it came some time back and was the first 3g model in India, if I am not wrong.

If you are gonna argue Nokia's is worse , then you are mistaken and certainly biased.
No more say on keypads,I am off this thread.

G

gxsaurav

No matter what happens, no matter weather U have used SE or not, U will never admit Nokia can do a single mistake

The shape of 7610, & many other phones were the reason & I baught a K700I insted of 6600, 6600 is a fat phone admit it, anyone can say that

about being SMS junkie, again it depends, i can write on my phone as fast as U can on your phone

having 10000 models, out of which 80% are below 5K marks (value) & having only 8 quality models, I don't think there is a direct comparision

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

@gxsaurav,
I happen to look into the report that you made here :lol:

8 great models noly, can you list them? Well if you compare then there wont be even 3 models as such in SE.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
I did not vote above, but my observation is that for low end needs, better to avoid Nokia. They are damn costly as compared to other brands -SE, Motorola et al with eqal features. But for smart phones, in fact, there are no equiivalent phones in other brands. hence Nokia rules. I do feel that there is more of a hype associated wth Nokia, just like Intel.

lighthouse911

Broken In
ok so let us close this discussion,

>>nokia makes the best smartphones

>>SE Makes the best multimedia phones

>>moto makes the best lookin phones!

>>benq makes the worst phones and now that Benq have bought seimens they will also make junk.

lighthouse911

Broken In
drgrudge said:
Ok.. certainly you are fighting a losing battle in this regard. Come on dude, Nokia got atleast 10 times more model than what SE has.
3660/3650 got a circular keypad which is not good for SMS, but as a quality and for SMS it's good (or atleast better than 90% of the SE phones).

Atleast they try some thing different. 3660 has circular thing, 7260 has something like a snake shape, 7600/7610 to some extent like a leaf shape.N gage has something different...

7600 is far far better than 700i's keypad, I have used that phone, it's really good, it came some time back and was the first 3g model in India, if I am not wrong.

If you are gonna argue Nokia's is worse , then you are mistaken and certainly biased.
No more say on keypads,I am off this thread.

drgrudge,I am yet to see a more biased person then u..... I also laud Nokia's effort at bringing out new models,But "snake","leaf and all are just 2 much!

and yeah I have used 7600 too and so have many other people who think it was pure junk nothin else!and I think that 700 has a great keypad much better then most nokia's!

one more think. u kno 3230. well the keypad on that model is the worst nokia has ever given>the softkeys are rigid s hell.Even moto c350 is better.............

p.s. no offence meant dude

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
No NOKIA, no SE. To me it's MOTOROLA. The E398 offers best value for money, is feature rich and build quality is also great. It really rocks.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

lighthouse911 said:
drgrudge,I am yet to see a more biased person then u..... I also laud Nokia's effort at bringing out new models,But "snake","leaf and all are just 2 much!
Hmm.. I never said I am just and not biased. In terms of keypads, dont tell SE makes a better ones. They have the most awful keypads. Atleast IMHO.

Snake/leaf model type keypads are not made keeping ypur like and taste in mind, if someone likes thwm they will continue with the same, or atleast they will avoid in their future releases.
Beauty (and likewise looks) is in the eyes of the beholder. Never ind if you like them, see the quality.My friend has 7620 and I personally dont like the looks but the keypad make and built is good and that's the one which matter wrt this arguements.

lighthouse911 said:
and yeah I have used 7600 too and so have many other people who think it was pure junk nothin else!and I think that 700 has a great keypad much better then most nokia's!
Again, what others and you think abt the keypads.

lighthouse911 said:
one more think. u kno 3230. well the keypad on that model is the worst nokia has ever given>the softkeys are rigid s hell.Even moto c350 is better.............
Yeah I know abt 3230, I have done a review and posted here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25116

Keypads:
It's in here that this phone fails to impresses. The keys are placed close to each other and too rigid.

Also it got no volume controls like what phones has. This keypad also reminds us of the SE phones keypads. The visibility of the keys also an issue. It's small that we might not see them. The upper row of menu softkeys is too small and rigid for comfortable usage. IT actually has two different type of keys, the control keys (at the top) and the digit/numericals keys.

However the keys are soft and gentle and well illuminated in the dark by the backlit light.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i'm a hardcore sony ericsson fan! i swear by SE!

but frankly, i like the top end models of Nokia. they are serious business phones. SE has only the P900 series which are quite expensive. the low end models and mid range models of nokia are pure s**t. exhorbitantly expensive!

SE phones offer value for money anyday and are the best multimedia phones available. the only drawback is the lack of expandable memory in certain phones.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
i have seen here k700i being compared to 6600.

I think k700i should not be compared to 6600 coz n6600 is smartphone and there are many things which 6600 can do and k700i cannot do.

In phone arena only looks do not matter.

Being symbian n6600 way ahead than k700i

I admit that SE makes good looking phones..

But nokia is also not that bad...

For me below 10k SE rules and i think SE way behind nokia in terms of smart phone..

Regards..

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

^^
We are forced to compare as both cost almost the same and 6600 is a smartphone and k700i is not.

100 votes and 50-50 for both :D Guys keep voting (if you have not), lets see who is the winner.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
i forgot the fact that both cost the same.

if this is the case then n6600 is clear winner and k700i is waste of money...

Regards...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
its not a waste of money dude. multimedia and imaging enthusiasts wil prefer SE (k700i) anyday while the more business minded ppl will perfer Nokia (6600).

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Good Joke...

lol :lol: What will imaging and multimedia enthusiasts will do when k700i gives only 41 mb and no expansion?? :lol: :lol:

And it even doesn't have a megapixel camera for the imaging and multimedia enthusiasts.

The functionality of n6600 can be increased to a great extent because it is symbian.

So once again i say that n6600 is clear winner when compared to the K700i.

Regards....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom