• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

frostt

Broken In
drgrudge said:
frostt said:
SO what do u have 2 say abt that now?
they give that only for a phone like p900....not the other ones like t100...
they give one yr. thieft insurance too, which is 30% the cost of the phone itself.

atleast they give that na...Nokia dosent even do that for their communicator phones...all they do is try to repair...and if they cant do it..they just return it back...they do not replace it....

And who knows...maybe they do that for T100 also...i am telling u my experiece.....

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
frostt said:
atleast they give that na...Nokia dosent even do that for their communicator phones...all they do is try to repair...and if they cant do it..they just return it back...they do not replace it....

And who knows...maybe they do that for T100 also...i am telling u my experiece.....
dude, u can claim 30% of your money, if your phone is lost (with an FIR), all phones of nokia including 33xx series....
and btw, who told SE gives u theift insurance?

allajunaki

Journeyman
Ok the Clash of titans.. Differences in Logic.

--Nokia--
Nokia had (past-tense) the Best UI. phones like 8110 was the easiest to use phones in the world.. U wanna accept a call open the flap. reject? no problem Quick open-shut of flap will reject the call.. Need to boost the volume?? Controls were on the the left side (a.la Samsung style) besides there were deidicated buttons for Accep and reject calls (In case u didnt like the Flap Open Close idea). and yes 2 Buttons for Navigation and a 'C' for quick deletion of messages and for other misc. tasks and a Scroll up and down. It sounds too many buttons, But trust me , it was sooo easy that even my mom could use it without any training....(mom's Gadget phobic)
and then Nokia came out 3210-3310 (both I have owned) had Single 'Navi' key which was supposed to make things less confusing.. But in reality it just made things a lil worse.. But still nokia had the best menu. Motorola T168 i had , had a more complex menu... So Nokia still ruled..
Then as phones became more and more feature rich, Nokia's Simple effective menu became too much bloated and too difficult. Epitome being 3650 (I still have one.. ) writing a message reqired too many button clicks (Nokia Menus feel text like..) Now Nokia's are sensible enuf to use more buttons for navigation. It still needs improvement but its getting there...

--Sony Ericsson--
Sony Ericcson Menu structure is so Simple. Its very confusing in the begining coz its on a different idea than Nokia. SE beleives more the button, the better.. And I beleive em.
Just take my T610 for example.
Two Soft keys
Left for Selecting something (Same task accomplished by pressing Depressing Joystick )
Right Button for more tasks (Like Message fowarding In Messages)
Left Bottom navi. is for return. Goes One menu structre UP.
right Navi key is 'C' cancel key.. (its like esc key in comp)
5-way Joystick.
Volume Up/Down
Cam utton
There is also an Online button ( That can be easily hacked to change it into Write a new SMS.. So i have a dedicated one button Create SMS Option!!)

Another Not much discussed feature in SE T68i Upwards is its Superb multitasking skill. How many nokia's can u access full menu??
Yeah u can access Messages.. Big deal , all phones can. SE can access FULL MENU!! that includes Camera , Picture editior , Music DJ, Voice Recorder and Playback, JAVA and Mophun Games, Everything.. (U can even Listen to ringtones and stuff damn it!!). Thats because SE uses Dual Processors in most of the Phones (SE T610 and T630 Uses a 8bit 12Mhz AVR processor for Phonecall and 32(or 16??)Bit 32Mhz ARM preocessor for multimedia functions). So it make really convinient if u are on Handsfree.. I some times play games and click pics when im on call.. (yeah thats while im on handsfree).

I may sound like a SE fanboy, But trust me I was a nokia Fan once.
I have used 8110,3210,3310,3510i (my friends owned 7650,3330,6610,2100 and numerable other models) but all of us have diverged to other brands (me had a Panasonic GD68, then Samsung C100) . All i can tell u is, Once we migrated out of Nokia, we were thankful that we did (that Includes my DAD who was dying to buy a Communicator, but on my insistance bought a p800!!).

All nokia Fan boys have used (a)only nokia phones OR (b) not used any new and good phones by other brands.

And lets not talk about Nokia build quality... They Used to be good.. But not anymore...
Samsung has better Build quality, (My Samsung C100 was drenched in WATER when it was on, It was in my Rain Jacket pocket when i was riding my bike and water leaked in.. When i took it out water was oozing out of charging port and keypads.. Phone didnt start.. Removed the battrey and left it overnight, and turned it on again , AND iT WORKED without any complaints!!! oh yeah Same phone once fell out of my pocket in a Isolated street when i was doing 60-80Kmph ... (Thankfully i picked it up before some car ran over it..)..And all phone did was show 'please wait ' for 3-5 secs and restared on its own and phone was good to go again!! Nokia's didnt give that kid of experiece,,, my friend Dropped his 3510i onece and Display died!! (and interestingly recoverd by Reflashing BIOS!! needless to say he sold his immediatley (though Mine is still in my cupboard).

But now Our family is Proud to be Completly Nokia free..
Mom Uses my Samsung C100.
My sis never lets her SE T610 out sight (its a good lookin fone complements her good looks ;) )
I swear by my SE T610.
Dad cant live without his P800 (Used my T610 for a week, but he is too addicted to his p800.. I'm still trying to get his p800 ;) )

and Mind u Im the only Gadget Freak in my house...

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Abhijit_T said:
and inspite of nokia's considerable lead in market share, the poll here is tied at 50-50
wait till every member votes for his/her choice....

"NO ELECTIONS ARE WON UNTILL EVERY VOTES ARE COUNTED"

funkymonkey

Journeyman
hey all you SE fans answer this to me.
I was SE user and oved T68 and t610 which i used. but then I switched to first ngage and 3660 and now 6600 and i am really impressed with these phones. Can your SE phone do what my 6600 phone does?
1. Can it connect to MIRC?
2. does it give you live weather report?
3. Does it allow you to carry your data with you?
4. does it let you view your word and powerpoint files on your phone?
5. does it work as security or spy camera?
6. Does it allow you to play cool games with real 3d graphics, and no not just 4-5 that come wit phone but 100s of others, java and ngage games
7. Does it allow you to install custom softwares according to your needs
8. Does it act like a mini GPS device to tell you where you are?
9 does it allow you to record unlimited video?
10. Does your phone act like Answering machine?
11. Does it allow you to play full mpeg and xViD movies on your phone?
12.Does your phone act as a remote control for all your home devices?
13. Does your phone allowes you to manage winamp playlist from your phone using bluetooth?

Only SE phone that can come close to these are to top of the end P800 and P900. Every series 60 phone from Nokia can do this and they start at as low as 7.5K

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

allajunaki said:
Nokia had (past-tense) the Best UI.
nokia has (present tense and future tense,as well) the best UI. and this may differ personnaly, but on the whole many like nokia UI's.

allajunaki said:
and then Nokia came out 3210-3310 (both I have owned) had Single 'Navi' key which was supposed to make things less confusing.. But in reality it just made things a lil worse.
i agree with u that 33xx has a "navi"- single key to all the navigations..., but if u r used to it then there wont be any problem. there are amny people who still buy these type of phones....

allajunaki said:
Just take my T610 for example.
Two Soft keys
Left for Selecting something (Same task accomplished by pressing Depressing Joystick )
Right Button for more tasks (Like Message fowarding In Messages)
Left Bottom navi. is for return. Goes One menu structre UP.
right Navi key is 'C' cancel key.. (its like esc key in comp)
5-way Joystick.
Volume Up/Down
Cam utton
the same is there for 6600 also..., even that has a joystick, and "c" cancel key.
and coming to "c" cancel key, this is a key which all nokia phones ( or any other phone)will have.and it is esc key in comp.

allajunaki said:
There is also an Online button ( That can be easily hacked to change it into Write a new SMS.. So i have a dedicated one button Create SMS Option!!)
even in a 6610, we can create a new sms by just clicking a single button. in standby mode just press on left navigator button.

allajunaki said:
So it make really convinient if u are on Handsfree.. I some times play games and click pics when im on call.. (yeah thats while im on handsfree).
even this u can do while in handsfree, in a nokia phone too.

allajunaki said:
All nokia Fan boys have used (a)only nokia phones OR (b) not used any new and good phones by other brands.
i have used T100 , and after using for a year it suxs. it had a software problem, did not catch signal properly....

allajunaki said:
And lets not talk about Nokia build quality... They Used to be good.. But not anymore...
who told? my father has dropped 6610 many times and still nothing has happened..., do tell me one thing?33xx is the best in terms of built quality..., do u deny it?

allajunaki said:
Samsung has better Build quality, (My Samsung C100 was drenched in WATER when it was on, It was in my Rain Jacket pocket ........ STORY EDITED ......onece and Display died!! (and interestingly recoverd by Reflashing BIOS!! needless to say he sold his immediatley
this is a nokia versus SE, not samsung...., maybe samsung has a good built quality..., i haven't used it yet...
and comming to the story of yours..., once myself and a dosen of our class mates went to "blue lagoon, ecr, chennai" , it had a beach and one of my friends had his 2300 in his pocket , after sometime did he realise that he had a phone in his pocket, and when he switched it off, and switched it on..., it worked it fine. remember it was salt water.

allajunaki said:
But now Our family is Proud to be Completly Nokia free..
Mom Uses my Samsung C100.
My sis never lets her SE T610 out sight (its a good lookin fone complements her good looks Wink )
I swear by my SE T610.
Dad cant live without his P800 (Used my T610 for a week, but he is too addicted to his p800.. I'm still trying to get his p800 Wink )
ok, each one of like a phone personally, but that does not mean that it is all better than nokia.
wanna know wht my family has?
my father has 6610, my brother has a n gage QD...., they are very much satisfied with their phones....

frostt

Broken In
funkymonkey said:
hey all you SE fans answer this to me.
I was SE user and oved T68 and t610 which i used. but then I switched to first ngage and 3660 and now 6600 and i am really impressed with these phones. Can your SE phone do what my 6600 phone does?
1. Can it connect to MIRC?
2. does it give you live weather report?
3. Does it allow you to carry your data with you?
4. does it let you view your word and powerpoint files on your phone?
5. does it work as security or spy camera?
6. Does it allow you to play cool games with real 3d graphics, and no not just 4-5 that come wit phone but 100s of others, java and ngage games
7. Does it allow you to install custom softwares according to your needs
8. Does it act like a mini GPS device to tell you where you are?
9 does it allow you to record unlimited video?
10. Does your phone act like Answering machine?
11. Does it allow you to play full mpeg and xViD movies on your phone?
12.Does your phone act as a remote control for all your home devices?
13. Does your phone allowes you to manage winamp playlist from your phone using bluetooth?
Only SE phone that can come close to these are to top of the end P800 and P900. Every series 60 phone from Nokia can do this and they start at as low as 7.5K

dude u r urself giving the answer to ur question....SE p800\900\910i can do all these and better...

Please read the earlier pages.....price isnt a issue here

Now tell me answer to ur question
tell me which nokia phone allows u2 do unlimited video recording...

allajunaki

Journeyman
Hello ,
drudge and Funkymonkey.. Lets not compare T610 to a 6600 or 3660,
6600 and 3660(3650) uses Symbian OS Series 60.. Which is a Flexible OS running.. They have installable applications.. These Phones Are in between Smart Phones and PDA Phones(6600 is a PDA Phone)...
and Ngage too is a Series 60 Phone...

Im comaparing to nokia series 40 and below series phones (6610 , 7250i etc etc..)
No Doubt serie 60 phones are s e x y. If i have enuff money i will def. go for it...(hell if i had enuff money i will go for P900) .
But lets not Compare t610 wid these phones.. That way i can compare and show u why P900 is better that 3310... :p

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

allajunaki said:
Hello ,
drudge
drgrudge or Doctor grudge.

allajunaki said:
(6600 is a PDA Phone)...
and Ngage too is a Series 60 Phone...
who told 6600 is a PDA phone?

allajunaki said:
No Doubt serie 60 phones are s e x y. If i have enuff money i will def. go for it...(hell if i had enuff money i will go for P900) .
p900 costs a cool 38k. no nokia phone is that costly....
vertu costs 15 lac rs. but that is different.

allajunaki said:
But lets not Compare t610 wid these phones.. That way i can compare and show u why P900 is better that 3310... :p
ok, shall we compare t100 with 7610?

frostt

Broken In
p900 costs a cool 38k. no nokia phone is that costly....
vertu costs 15 lac rs. but that is different.

y is that diffrent...vertu is the shittiest phone...no features...just looks and body...but still it costs 15 lacks...Only people in India using vertu are to whom nokia gifted the phone on its launch date...

Saharika

In the zone
wel

well even i was gifted nokia i dont think either of them is good
after all it has been PDA year coming
so i think we will be outdated with mobile
an yway moblie is always going to rule
hope that i will have pda next year
thks
saha
india the it gaint

frostt

Broken In
Re: wel

Saharika said:
well even i was gifted nokia i dont think either of them is good
after all it has been PDA year coming
so i think we will be outdated with mobile
an yway moblie is always going to rule
hope that i will have pda next year
thks
saha
india the it gaint

see this is wht i meant....nokia is only famous cause of its reputation that it had made earlier....and people do not like changes...

allajunaki

Journeyman
hmm.. P900 is expensive... But when P900 was released Nokia's Answer was communicator ( And we all all know The old Comunicator Sucked feature wise.. hell Communicator had even less features than 6600).

And Dr.Grudge No point being Fanboyism attitude.. coz im not..
I will still buy a Nokia if they have a good model that will convice me, during my next phone change cycle... (If samsung has better it will be samsung). and pls understand I did my homework before buying all my phones.. So Please, all the phone I bought had the best bang for da Buck when i bought em..
And yeah, My friend got 6600 this diwali.. Awesome phone, but they forgot that ringtones are meant to be heard from pockets not when placed next to your ear.. Apart from that is one helluva phone..
But if I had that much of moolah and if K500i had BT and Expansion Slots , then I would have still preffered k500 i or k700i for that matter.
So @ the price point of 3660 and 6600 , they are the best deals.. but @ the price point of T610, nothing even comes close to it.. (other options were 3200 and 7250i , Samsung X600 was cool 10k.. T610 was 8.7k )

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

@ frostt, dude only now i am seeing your avatar...., it is cool, besides , i see almost 85% of your posts here.

Saharika said:
well even i was gifted nokia
was it vertu?,but u tell " i dont think either of them is good ". wht do you mean?

allajunaki said:
And Dr.Grudge No point being Fanboyism attitude.. coz im not..
wht do mean by Fanboyism attitude? seriously i cant understand....

allajunaki said:
Awesome phone, but they forgot that ringtones are meant to be heard from pockets not when placed next to your ear..
i agree, it has some problems, but not as much as u tell.....,btwn, no phone is perfect. even the T610 does not has FM radio.
6600 is world's most selling smart phone. even india it is popular, being out of reach to a average person.

allajunaki said:
So @ the price point of 3660 and 6600 , they are the best deals.. but @ the price point of T610, nothing even comes close to it.. (other options were 3200 and 7250i , Samsung X600 was cool 10k.. T610 was 8.7k )
i would like to mention, 3660 costs rs12k and 6600 costs rs15.5k , and ALL the features that is there in 6600 is present in 3660, but it does not have 2X xoom and ofcource it bigger and bulkier than 6600. and see the solid 3.5k-4k difference.

i AGREE T610 is a better choice than 3200( the keypad sucks) and 7250i. and u seem to have got 610 for 8.7k which is very cheap....(with warranty?).T610 costs rs10k in chennai, and moreover it does not have FM radio, and besides there are many benifits of nokia over SE....

technophile_dude

Right off the assembly line
sony erricsson is the best
but people dont know about it.........i wonder y

sony has no sync probloms as nokia do so sony is the best!!!!!!

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

technophile_dude said:
sony erricsson is the best
but people dont know about it.........i wonder y

sony has no sync probloms as nokia do so sony is the best!!!!!!
man, welcome to the board...

dude, tell why SE is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom