Nokia to stop selling phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Nokia has been one of the top mobile selling brands during recent years. But, since, the uprisings of Apple, Samsung and Google in the mobile market Nokia’s sells have been shattered badly. Especially, its new Windows phone’s sales have been dwindling and not up to the expectations they wanted it to be.
Due to all this one of the influential magazine, forbes, Nokia backing out its production on cell phones.
The magazine states:
“The biggest shocker (and what I suspect will be my most controversial prediction), though, will be the departure of Nokia from the phone business as the company sells its mobile operation and infrastructure divisions to Huawei in order to focus on software and services.”
Furthermore it states:
“With the company’s bet on Windows 8 having failed in the marketplace, it will see Microsoft and Huawei competing for the mobile device division and will eventually sell its smartphone group to Microsoft and the rest of its telecom interests to Huawei.”
Although, the prediction from forbes might not come true very soon, but, we also know the fact that Nokia has been struggling really badly to keep its market share especially in the smartphone market where it recorded just over 19 percent market share in the month of September . Adding to this they recorded 7th rank in India n mobile market, which is very low by Nokia’s standards. The sales of Nokia is depending fully on new Asha series, which are somehow successful in gaining some momentum into Nokia’s total sales.

Nokia to Stop Selling Mobile Phones | Cyfrid Technology

This is really bad news, i wish nokia shifted to android

Lastly, can the source of the news be trusted

rider

as Kratos
If nokia can not deal with in-built android OS in their phones. Why don't they sell phone without any OS so that we can install android by themselves. I'm sure cynomogen mod + nokia's hardware would be legendary.

shaurya.malik88

Broken In
OMG>>>OMG....thats such a big news and sad as welll...Nokia has been the leading brand for mobile for a long time and now such a news has shattered all hopes for LG...I wish they would have shifted to other platforms like androids.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
it's a prediction...
not likely to happen, not going for android was actually a good decision, it puts nokia in perfect position to be the leading oem as against just one more manufacturer in the crowd, right now they are leading in terms of maps
don't think the latest line is a failure at all, the asha line up offers some solid features, angry birds pre-installed and tons of music

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
I don't think something like this is gonna happen....Nokia has been a pioneer in mobile market and they would try every thing to get back the market.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Its not gonna happen soon....just last Jan WP7 and then 8 was the best thing to happen in mobile market and now they say it will close down :)

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
it's a prediction...
not likely to happen, not going for android was actually a good decision, it puts nokia in perfect position to be the leading oem as against just one more manufacturer in the crowd, right now they are leading in terms of maps
don't think the latest line is a failure at all, the asha line up offers some solid features, angry birds pre-installed and tons of music

Ok not going to android might have been out of the box.
But if nokia did move to android I can surely say all other companys would close down ;).
Nokias hardware+rep+camera(pureview) = awesomeness

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Yup.

No other website has posted this news that means it's fake.
But in the down line,Maybe 1-2 years nokia might declare bankruptcy..Recently they sold their HQ too

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Real Fact:Nokia was really good before, the best symbian ever was anna..belle is not that great and is more of a battery eater.
Probably meego would have been better, N9 was really good i heard?

pratyush997

Inactive
Nokia was the goddamn King!
Elop screwed Nokia man!
They dropped their Creations and got stuck with others!
Meego, Maemo and Symbian killed and now they are stuck with WP
Elop! Now what? You want cookie from M$

@Theserpent N9 can run JB :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom