Nokia N86 - 8MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajhot

S60 rocks
8 megapixel Nokia N86 leaks with full specs, confirms rumors

So there is an 8 megapixel cameraphone by Nokia in the works. Meet the Nokia N86 - as official as it gets, it still didn't get an announcement at the MWC 2009. We can't help but wonder why.

Nokia N86 Nokia N86
Nokia N86 data sheet and a press image

Whatever the reasons for keeping the N85-inspired slider in secrecy at the MWC, it seems the device is pretty much officially showcased at some other event.

Nokia N86 Nokia N86 Nokia N86 Nokia N86
Nokia N86 live shots

Along the way we also stumbled upon a live video of the device in action, obviously shot by the same person that took the live shots.

Source : *www.gsmarena.com/8_megapixel_nokia_n86_leaks_with_full_specs_confirms_rumors-news-801.php

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Looking at the specs .. they just took n85 , added metal parts , 8 mp cam, 8gb inbuilt memory, digital compass and a kickstand and made it n86 ... design is not impressive at all ..now only saving grace will be its camera performance .. and nokia why no xenon flash .. these dual leds are crap .. btw camera specs looks interesting ..

If n85 did not exist then this would have made some sense..

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
y did nokia stopped doing experiment with there design....like prism,7260 or QD...I would love to see something new from them

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Well same as N85 + 3mp + FM TRANSMITTER + kickstand + 8gb

Well it has got 28mm WIDE LENS

variable aperture ranging from F2.4/3.2/F4.8

MEANS THE BEST 8MP PHONE

OP
rajhot

rajhot

S60 rocks
Nokia are confident that the N86 8MP will be the best camera phone on the market. Need to communicate this message against mp myth. #mwc09
@ 08:01 - Tuesday 17th February

Xenon flash would have increased thickness by 4mm as well. Camera does well in low light conditions - shall see in due course #mwc09
@ 07:59 - Tuesday 17th February

Flash - why no Xenon - LED flash has been improved - more light produced - Xenon usable range is 3m, but camera can do a lot more. #mwc09
@ 07:58 - Tuesday 17th February

Carl Zeiss optics specially designed for phone. Not off the shelf, this is fully optimised. A lot of effort has gone into this. #mwc09
@ 07:54 - Tuesday 17th February

Called N86 8MP to make camera stand out... rather than because its one of a range. Draws a line under the fact this is a camera. #mwc09
@ 07:52 - Tuesday 17th February

3rd generation dual LED flash. Mechanical shutter - operates at 1,000th of a second. Video recording at VGA and 30 fps. #mwc09
@ 07:48 - Tuesday 17th February

8GB internal memory (4000 images). Wide angle Carl Zeiss optics BTW. Will be available in Q2 2009. 375 Eur before taxes and subsidies #mwc09
@ 07:46 - Tuesday 17th February

N86 - 8MP - image just got better f2.4-4.8 large variable aperture means better photos in all light conditions. About 40% faster. #mwc09

The device is called the 'N86 8MP' to make its camera stand out, name-wise... rather than because it's one of a range.

It's reported as having a '3rd generation dual LED flash', rather than the N82's Xenon. This is about the only downside of the N82 to N86 8MP transition, but maybe the LED flash will surprise us? Nokia claim that "Xenon flash would have increased the thickness by 4mm" and that even Xenon flash has a limited range whereas the specially-optimised optics inside the N86 8MP can handle greater low light distances on their own. This is one I'm VERY much looking forward to testing.

The N86 8MP has a mechanical shutter, operating at 1,000th of a second. It has 'Wide angle Carl Zeiss optics', with f2.4-4.8 'large variable aperture' (F2.4/3.2/4.8) meaning better photos in all light conditions - the first camera phone to seriously challenge standalone cameras?

Source : *www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/8979_The_Nokia_N86_imaging_at_its_b.php

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
It depends upon the price .. if its within my striking range then i might take a jump from n85 .. after looking at those camera specs it looks yummy ..All the goodies of n85 plus this seems very attractive ..

OP
rajhot

rajhot

S60 rocks
It depends upon the price .. if its within my striking range then i might take a jump from n85 .. after looking at those camera specs it looks yummy ..All the goodies of n85 plus this seems very attractive ..

375 Eur before taxes and subsidies

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Nothing innovative from Nokia in this fone:-(

28mm WIDE LENS

variable aperture ranging from F2.4/3.2/F4.8

even your 12 MP does not have it...

this phone is so cool. What else do you need in this phone please specify ????

N85 already had all the features ... what you want more ???

LegendKiller

In the zone
this phone will knock off most of the competition in the market......tech2.com reports it to be priced around 23-24k's which is astounding!!!
If that's the price its released at,i will buy it within 1mth of its release.........thankgod i didn't buy n85......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom