Nokia N78 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilpai

Techans
Wavetelmobiles is now selling the Nokia N78. Its priced at Rs.18800.

Hopefully the price will fall in a couple of weeks. If not, its too overpriced !!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Damn. A definite flop with N81 available for a lower price and N95 just a 1000 bucks higher.

What an ugly keypad and what a pathetic battery life of 4.5hr talktime.

worst thing is that you can't operate the phone without looking at the keypad.

Last edited:
OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
Damn. A definite flop with N81 available for a lower price and N95 just a 1000 bucks higher.

What an ugly keypad and what a pathetic battery life of 4.5hr talktime.

worst thing is that you can't operate the phone without looking at the keypad.

The N78 is not comparable with N81.
It has a 3 MP cam against the N81's 2 MP. Plus it also has GPS which the N81 lacks.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
I dont actually hate the design. Plus its got an fm transmitter n gps. If price drops by 3k it will be hit, if not, it will stay in the shelf.

mayur.nvk

Broken In
Price is expected to come down further but I still don't mind paying the current price for the phone (as i already have)and these are my views...

Without geting into the debate of 5MP vs. N82 etc… I would say the phone is one of the most sturdiest from Nseries. It's very fast, I like the new S60 UI. Browsing is excellent, esp in the landscape mode it gives a gud view on the flat N78 screen. i like the Sporstracker app and keep using it very often... easy navigation and good OS speed makes it smooth. Keypad.. yes could have been softer and better. but i i think its too over hyped frankly.

mohitsuri50

Broken In
I agree, the keypad bit is quite overhyped… I laid my hands on N78 recently and I found the keypad to be a nice change from all the traditional ones have been using.. Don’t know why we criticize so much… on the other hand people talk about new form factor... as long as am comfortable with the UI, it doesn't really matter how the key pads feel on my fingers unless they are made of blades.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Exactly what I try to tell people. Most people just take other people's opinion as the truth. As I said before the proof of the pie is in the eating and eating it yourself. Instead of just taking someone else's opinion go and check out stuff yourself.

Most people think that N78's keypad is poor. Same thing they say about N82's keypad too. Although quite a lot of people who own the phone have no problem with the keypad. That's because everybody's perception of good and bad is different.

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
N78 keypad is anyday better than N82's keypad. The N78 keypad only looks awkward but is not that difficult to use.

From what I read everywhere, N82's keypad is just a matter of getting used to it. But there is a difference between a keypad being good ... and getting used to a bad keypad. There would be very few who would actually prefer the N82 keypad to other keypads. For the majority who say N82 keypad is not bad, its more of a case of "getting used to a bad keypad"

This point was best illustrated by my friend who said he had got perfectly used to his N82 keypad but whenever he gets to use his brother's Nokia 5700, it feels like heaven and its only then that he realises what he is missing.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Acutally, Isn't the N78 successor to aging N73??

Nokia will definitely bring the price down to 15k or even less in coming months. It's a feature rich phone but it's the price that really hurts.

When you compare this with N73, it's a definite winner. So, those who are after N73 can now go after N78.

Just my two cents!!

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Can anybody confirm if N78 in India has got the FM transmitter. My N78 doesn't have it and my retailer is not aware about it. he would get back to me in some days. Please don't quote "Yes if you have just read it on a website." as it is.

If you have personally seen it on N78, then do let me know.

subir12

Broken In
Can anybody confirm if N78 in India has got the FM transmitter. My N78 doesn't have it and my retailer is not aware about it. he would get back to me in some days. Please don't quote "Yes if you have just read it on a website." as it is.

If you have personally seen it on N78, then do let me know.

the retailer you are talking to doesn't have a clue :eek:

yes, you can use FM transmitter on n78. all you need to do is update your firmware with the latest version i.e. version 12.046 and get your settings done at any of the nokia care centers and there u go..

here's a video that talks abt it..
*in.youtube.com/watch?v=NjsUNZ1BdWQ
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom