Nokia N78 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohitsuri50

Broken In
answered above ..dude :)

u need to update ur firmware and get ur settings done at nokia care center.

its very easy to operate...
simply choose the frequency manually on ur phone, should be the same as on ur radio.
and then play straight frm d phone.
here's some screen shots

[URL=*share.ovi.com/media/techaddict.public/techaddict.10087]*media.share.ovi.com/m1/medium/0377/09654cc72f9042aa8b4e72b91f8a25d8.jpg[/URL]

[URL=*share.ovi.com/media/techaddict.public/techaddict.10086]*media.share.ovi.com/m1/medium/0377/84373021c8b646dc8ea8f7064446c411.jpg[/URL]

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I have already updated the firmware.

Software Version : 12.046
Software Version Date: 25-06-2008
Custom Version : 12.046.051.1
Custom Version Date: 25-06-2008
Language set : 027
Model : N78
Type: RM-235
Latest update: 16/7/2008

I can't check the youtube video right now, but will do it tonight.

BTW, I had checked a youtube video earlier, I couldn't find the FM transmitter option from within the music player nor in the music folder. Though I can read about it in the help.

I had bought this at RPG Cellulars, I hope Nokia priority dealer will be able to do it and for free as it is near my house

Else Care center.

mayur.nvk

Broken In
ya u can do that as the same thing happened with me. i upgraded the version through my phone only but the FM transmitter did not appear there.

Nokia care came to my rescue. now its happily sitting in my music folder :)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
ya u can do that as the same thing happened with me. i upgraded the version through my phone only but the FM transmitter did not appear there.

Nokia care came to my rescue. now its happily sitting in my music folder :)

After reading some posts on the net, i found that FM is illegal in india and hardware is absent in Indian Cell phones but i think that is false claims....since Nokia site says FM trasnmitter is legal in India.

I tried using Software updater of PC suite and it says "no updated version" so i shall visit Nokia Care today :D

Thanks for help

casanova

The Frozen Nova
^^
Yes, and it is even legal in China where most of cells come from.

BTW, the firmware update 12.046 was only available OTA (over the air). I doubt it is still available OTA. Check your firmware by dialing *#0000#. Incase, you don't have this version, you would need to upgrade either through wifi or gprs.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Couldnt vist nokia Care today since it as raining badly :-(

Here is what it says

Software Version

Software Version Date

08-05-2008

Custom Version

Custom Version Date

08-05-2008

Language set

Model
N78

Type
RM-235

Latest update
Not Updated

How are you talking about updating via GPRS ??

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Menu -> Tools -> Utilities -> Device Manager

Click on options and choose updates. It will prompt you that you there might be data charges. Connect. Click on yes.

It would search for the upgrade and download it. This is a 2-3 MB download and shouldn't cost you much.

Make sure that your battery is fully charged. If you wish to try your luck, ask the Nokia care if they would do it for you. :)

I would be visiting the nokia care tomorrow or might be today evening.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Yes, i was also worried about the Keypad

The Keys are fine :) Only problem is with the Keys on the right. The one of Player and stuff, the key above it and disconnect one. All are too cramped in :(

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I feel annoyed only with the C key and that too only at times.

I went to Nokia care and they enabled the FM transmitter. They re-updated the firmware for this to happen. They had returned me my sim and memory card during this. The data in phone was lost. The data kept in phone was my contacts and call logs. These were lost but I already had a backup so no issues. The call timers were reset as well.

Sukhdeep, incase you haven't updated ur firmware don't do it coz they would have to reupdate it anyways.

I am yet to test the FM transmitter.

hurricane25

Broken In
How is n78 for playing games? do the keypad and nav keys support fast gameplay?

The fact that n78 doesn't have even a single game onboard is a big minus. hope ngage support comes soon. need ur views fast guys!

casanova

The Frozen Nova
My bad. I don't game on phones, I would have missed out some word while reading it somewhere.

I have checked the fm transmitter and the range is too little.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
I feel annoyed only with the C key and that too only at times.

I went to Nokia care and they enabled the FM transmitter. They re-updated the firmware for this to happen. They had returned me my sim and memory card during this. The data in phone was lost. The data kept in phone was my contacts and call logs. These were lost but I already had a backup so no issues. The call timers were reset as well.

Sukhdeep, incase you haven't updated ur firmware don't do it coz they would have to reupdate it anyways.

I am yet to test the FM transmitter.

Thanks, i updated Firmware using Wifi yesterday still no Change :(

I have got firmware of 5700 and 5610 updated twice so i know the procedure....just dont find time :(

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Yes, OTA upgrade doesn't enable the option. You would need to take your cell to Nokia care. They would reupdate ur firmware to enable the transmitter. Read Post# 34.

Be prepared with a backup :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom