Nokia N70 or N72

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krazyfrog

N70/N72 only come with a 64mb dv rs mmc. 512mb costs 650 and 1gb costs 1100 in mumbai. Btw nokia 3250 comes with a 512mb micro-sd. I'll suggest you go for 3250. It has a better music player, louder speaker, 3.5mm slot to connect your own headphones, and comes with a 512mb card. At 15k i think its a good deal. If you like sonyericsson you can check out the w810i which comes at a similar price.

Pathik

Google Bot
leave the rs dv mmcs out of the discussion cos they r too cheap now.... btw n70 is defi better than n72 cos its got 3g so is future proof.....

K

krazyfrog

pathiks said:
leave the rs dv mmcs out of the discussion cos they r too cheap now.... btw n70 is defi better than n72 cos its got 3g so is future proof.....
@pathiks do you really think that our indian telecom companies will bring 3g to india in the next couple of years. I don't think so. These people are all show and no go. They can't even provide us with decent gprs connection leave alone provide 3g. Even if they do they will charge a fortune for it similar to what they did to gprs back when it was launched. I for once would love to be proved wrong by our telecom companies on this matter. But something tells me they wont.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
digitized said:
And so in case of N70/N72, will I get a memory card? Please tell the capacity. And how much does, say a 512MB/1GB (if available) card cost?
If u read carefully i mentioned that. ok N70 has MMC-Mobile 64/128MB depend on location. N72 has new memory card, like in N-80, thats why I said it can be plugged into other Nseries phones too, its Mini SD Card... as for in delhi they are giving 128MB with the pack.
for more .. try the Transcend (www.transcendusa.com) or Kingston(www.kingston.com) only no other.

krazyfrog said:
pathiks said:
@pathiks do you really think that our indian telecom companies will bring 3g to india in the next couple of years. I don't think so. These people are all show and no go. They can't even provide us with decent gprs connection leave alone provide 3g. Even if they do they will charge a fortune for it similar to what they did to gprs back when it was launched. I for once would love to be proved wrong by our telecom companies on this matter. But something tells me they wont.
Exactly :) ... 3G is not coming to india any sooner .. forget it guyz .. even its not launched in any big city in India yet .. even not in anyother big city in the world. How can we expect it to comeout all over india .. when no testing or something taking place in delhi or chennai.
@krazyfrog .. you are right they are not able to provide the good gprs here.
every where u get only 4KBps download speed ... even though AirTel claims that they have EDGE in delhi..

Has anyone used the front camera on 6680, N70, N73 .. I guess not.
If not then why you pay for extra camera .. which u will never use.
Now forget the 3G part..for now

Last edited:

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: N72 or N70

another thread is goin on .. ..whats happening .. where are the mods

@digitized .. if u ask the same question in another hread u will get same reply.
Go for N72 its better than N70

reddick said:
N70 rocks than N72...It got much features n functions than N72.Looks solid n sexy.Gives u more speedy internet conn.Users of N70 r more than N72 in India etc. etc. etc. :lol:
blah .. what is this comparision.. more users of N70 ...
bhai saab N70 is old product .. was launched earlier .. so definitly has more users now .. infact that is the +point for N72 .. less users :p

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
tech_your_future said:
Threads merged since both are on same topic.
@mobilegeek you could have reported the post.
ya actually there was a server error. ok buddy Next time I will keep this in mind..

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
mobilegeek said:
ya we know N70 is good,

and N72 is better

So I am still getting confused as to what should I buy, the 70 or the 72??? give one final suggestion and i will buy that, not to worry. thanks to everyone for their valuable opinions.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
digitized said:
So I am still getting confused as to what should I buy, the 70 or the 72??? give one final suggestion and i will buy that, not to worry. thanks to everyone for their valuable opinions.
Final Suggestion .. If are confused on this .. Ok I give you few points then u can decide..
- Save around a thousand rupees buying n72 instead of n70
- N72 is the new from the N series..
- N72 doesn't have 3G don't worry about that bcoz no telcom operator
has got the license for it .. implementing is far away.. for more read my post above
- if u are confused between the only thing front camera bet the 2, if no video calling it has no use.. for other use it sucks . its 640x480, obviously u wont use it .. when u have a much better camera available at back.
- all things same ..
- You have Visual Radio in it also .. u you can enjoy that if u use.
- It has EDGE .. so better connectivity
- N72 comes with a cable .. that u can use to connect to car audio n listen from car speakers.
- it has 128MB SD-Card .. (future proof same as in N80, N73) ;)

Last edited:

maxxkumar

Right off the assembly line
Help(price of n70 in delhi)

hi friends,
tnx 4 giving so much of info on n70 n n72 i am going to buy n70 frm delhi can anybody plz tell me what is the actual price of n70.
n suggest me should i buy n70 or n72.
plz reply soon i m waiting in ,i put up in noida..tell me frm where should i buy the mobile.
does n70 has data cable option to connect to pc like n 72 has.

Pathik

Google Bot
yup n70 does hav a data cable..nd most likely 3g services in india shd b launchd within a yr.. So n70 is the better choice.. As for the mmcs.. U get 1gb rsdv 4 1.1k and sd 4 1.4k.. Also the rsdv can b used in most of the present fones.. My choice ll always b the n70 atleast 4 nw

maxxkumar

Right off the assembly line
Help needed to buy n70 and n72

Hi friends thnx for ur support plz tell me which mobile i go for n70 and n72 reply soon.
Plz give the drawback if i buy n70 not n72 and vice versa.

Spawn Freak

Broken In
TRAI has given thumbs up for 3G and testing is already going on in Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Chennai etc.

Go 4 N70. It's future proof and India will see 3G in The 1st or 2nd quarter of 2007. If u can change handset later then buy N72 now. But i still recomend N70.

Man, 3G is really great and i've used it when i went to London during vacations in june. Awsome speeds, live football matches and the ultra cool VIDEO CALLING.... wow

Even N95 has been launched which is 3.5G....

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
How can one think of 3G when even GPRS isn't well implemented by Mobile Service Providers and how many people will be able to afford 3G when it will be launched, it will be highly priced. So, IMO 3G should be left out of the discussion.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
abhi_alpha_beta said:
i read in todays newspaper that 3g services will be rolled out only after 1-2years,trai has not even alloted the 3g spectrum until now
True man .. thats what i posted in other thread.. dont know where people getting news from ..
they have seeked the approval .. but its not granted as yet

tech_your_future said:
How can one think of 3G when even GPRS isn't well implemented by Mobile Service Providers and how many people will be able to afford 3G when it will be launched, it will be highly priced. So, IMO 3G should be left out of the discussion.
Exactly .. I completely agree :cool:

No one has been able to provide the best quality 2 G & 2.5 G yet .. I have been using AirTel GPRS for long and been listening to their press reports that they Launched EDGE .. then extended it ..crap
It sucks .. theoretically .. It should have around 234kbps in EDGE .. but its not good, even bad as Dialup here.. If there are more connections .. then they need to setup more capacity .. but they arent doin that. more connection means they have more people .. means they have more profit ..So they are supposed to give more speed to us.there are many areas where AirTel Hutch Reliance Network fails, n there are places where BSNL not works.. They should better provide the basic service first. High speed GPRS (EDGE) doesn't work properly in Delhi.. Don't know what happen to 3G..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom