Nokia Lumia 800 priced at 29,999 INR

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
you really are what your name suggests aren't you?
There is hardly any similarity in the codebase of IOS and WP.
There are restrictions just like any OS, and those minimum specs have to be complied with for optimal performance of the software inside.

the only reason why there is a vast price range of android devices is that android is a barebones package and so it has s lower minimum requirements.
It is the Architectural copy of iOS.
1. Isolated storage. Hence you wont see a system wide file manager in both OS.
2. Zune/iTunes, See similarity? No ?
3. No true muti-tasking.
4. Fast app switching
5. Only 4 apps can run in background and 1 in foreground.

Lumia is priced just right but problem is, Galaxy S2 & Sensation/XE cost less or same. Droid Razr with better build cost a tad more.

had 800 & S2 debut at same time, Lumia had a good chance of becoming second best seller. but now, we'll see.

The graphics on Rs30,000 lumia is handled by outdated 4 year old SGX530 which is the same one on .Iphone3GS. Motorola Defy+ at Rs18000 is more powerfull than Lumia. Couldn't Nokia take up some decent SOC ???

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
It is the Architectural copy of iOS.
1. Isolated storage. Hence you wont see a system wide file manager in both OS.
2. Zune/iTunes, See similarity? No ?
3. No true muti-tasking.
4. Fast app switching
5. Only 4 apps can run in background and 1 in foreground.

It is not an architectural copy. You could call it an ideal, but to be an architectural copy it would have to be reverse-engineered/ use identical tech, which certainly isn't the case here.

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
my point is..what innovative /different thing MS brought in WP except UI ?
Also if you have used WinMo 6.5 you will see that WP7 UI = Stock WinMo 6.5 homescreen with big interactive icons/tiles

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I did not like Windows Mobile. Havent had too much experience with WP 7.5 but to me, so far it did not seem like an exact copy with big interactive tiles.

Your words left scope for misinterpretation mate, which is why I said all that.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ better release it as a normal Lumia 800 BE with matte finish. will look lot better. and have you read whats special about it?
Lumia 800 inside has a laser-etched
Batman logo at the back and the whole
retail package comes in an additional
black Batman-themed paper box.
a black logo on a black backpanel & a damn paper box. lol. Nokia gone crazy.

Dont know why there are so much bad comments about it, those who pre booked the lumia are the lucky ones.

Lumia for 30k, which includes Microsoft Xbox :D LOL

sm96

Right off the assembly line
guys no need to buy it there will be a sollid crash in the price after few month
this is done by nokia always

vaithy

In the zone
Both M$ and nokia draining millions in advertisement.. whichever site I am opening(including Linux sites)Nokia Lumia 800 is splashing . from the video reviews,this phone appear very good buy except their price ,(not withstanding their free windows phones for Android haters.) only the price fixing is borrowed from Apple..if I ever to purchase a Windows phone (GOD borbid !!) than i'll purchase it from Nokia only..(let them down the price between 18,000 to 20000/)

Neo

Just got hands-on yesterday. Quote a good phone but a little overpriced, UI is good but a little confusing , maybe bcoz i'm an android user, Mango is really good as compared to its older versions.

CloudS

Broken In
Don't know about India, but in AU people certainly are.

Nokia Lumia 800 top selling phone at Expansys AU
link Top 20 Most Popular Smartphones, Netbooks and Laptops - EXPANSYS Australia

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
I have finally purchased one for app development....
If you ask me it comes with its own problems :| and you cant even compare it with Android..Android is far far better than WP OS.

I will post in details soon.

Top Bottom