Nokia Lumia 800 priced at 29,999 INR

noob

Cyborg Agent
So the Nokia Lumia 800 is priced at 29,999 INR :|

Do you think people will get this phone over Galaxy S2 ?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Well the phone's design in based on Nokia N9 and it's top notch. Sadly the Lumia is just a copy of the Nokia N9 with WP7 replacing the awesome MeeGo in the N9, no front-camera, in essence it's a knocked out copy of the N9 at least IMO.

Now the answer will probably be no for me, but if it were the Nokia N9, then hell yeah it would have been a phone to have at least in my perspective.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I think I can get it for 25k if I buy it (unlikely because my N8 is still going strong AND I like the N9 due to its superior hardware).

rajan1311

Padawan
the build is pretty good btw..looks great..

but 30 is too much....

the lumia 710 has the same hardware, lesser in built memory and a 5MP cam and LCD instead of amoled would be priced at around 18k AFAIK, would be a much better option who want a Windows based phone on a budget..

manoj_299

Out of Stock
One of my friend is just crazy Nokia fan. He will buy it even its 30k....

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk

rajeevk

Journeyman
Well, features of Nokia Lumia 800 looks nice but the price is little high. I will choose Galaxy S2 rather with bigger screen.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
There's only one way this phone could come to my possesion.
If somebody gift it to me. :meditate:

Never can buy it over Galaxy S2!

sygeek

Technomancer
I think the pricing is justified. I would even go far to say that I will buy this phone at this price, provided I had an Android phone beforehand.

IMO, this is just a start for WP and Nokia has done it right.

At this point, the phone wouldn't surpass S2 in terms of sale.

Well the phone's design in based on Nokia N9 and it's top notch. Sadly the Lumia is just a copy of the Nokia N9 with WP7 replacing the awesome MeeGo in the N9
Dumping N9's top notch looks and design and starting from scratch for Lumia 800 wouldn't have been smart tbh. They did it right with N9 and they did it right with Lumia by following the same.

I don't know how you guys are judging this device without even using it, but it feels pretty solid to me.

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Too much, only for fanboys (which Nokia knows are too many in India).
"Namak Tata ka aur phone Nokia ka" :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think the pricing is justified. I would even go far to say that I will buy this phone at this price, provided I had an Android phone beforehand.

IMO, this is just a start for WP and Nokia has done it right.

At this point, the phone wouldn't surpass S2 in terms of sale.

y
Dumping N9's top notch looks and design and starting from scratch for Lumia 800 wouldn't have been smart tbh. They did it right with N9 and they did it right with Lumia by following the same.

I don't know how you guys are judging this device without even using it, but it feels pretty solid to me.

you are right. if you compare Lumia 800 to similar mango mobiles, Lumia is priced just right but problem is, Galaxy S2 & Sensation/XE cost less or same. Droid Razr with better build cost a tad more.

had 800 & S2 debut at same time, Lumia had a good chance of becoming second best seller. but now, we'll see.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
This phone is particularly perfect for ladies especially as compared to the Galaxy SII. ;)

Of course, but having the exact look and feel of N9 while adding those capactive(?) hardware buttons, removing the front cam, lower specs, no NFC, etc. and it doesn't look really a flagship mobile phone.

sygeek

Technomancer
Of course, but having the exact look and feel of N9 while adding those capactive(?) hardware buttons, removing the front cam, lower specs, no NFC, etc. and it doesn't look really a flagship mobile phone.
I'm talking about the design of the N9, they can't just dump it (like they dumped N9), can they?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I'm talking about the design of the N9, they can't just dump it (like they dumped N9), can they?

I am not arguing about the choice of design. Just doesn't look the "greatest Nokia phone" as the price demands to me. And yeah it should have had the front cam, no idea why the removed it.

*www.engadget.com/2011/10/26/nokia-lumia-800-vs-nokia-n9-the-tale-of-the-tape/

Top Bottom