Nokia Lumia 800 or Samsung Omnia W

sambitshankar

Right off the assembly line
Guys, any suggestion whether I should go for Nokia Lumia 800 or Samsung Omnia W? I know that Nokia will have added features like Nokia Maps and Nokia Music but it is not my concern. I have a hands on survey of Nokia Lumia 700 and Samsung Omnia W, definitely the Omnia W's Super AMOLED screen looks phenomenal but i haven't compared it with Nokia Lumia 800 ??

Any suggestions guys which for i should go ??

Nokia Lumia 710 shares the same hardware with the Lumia 800, set aside the camera, design and internal storage size.

Personally, I'd suggest you go with Lumia 710 if that's a choice(8K less than L800).

Omnia has a higher advantage with the 1500mAh battery and a slightly lesser weight. The Lumia 710 has a TFT screen, that is disappointing, however. Nokia WP7 devices comes with free navigation and such goodies from Nokia, which is a great advantage if you use your phone as a gps. Lumia 800 also packs an AMOLED display and the design is just mouth watering, but that's me, always been a Nokia fanboi :)

aniket.cain

Padawan
I have an Omnia W, and for the price, I couldn't complain about anything on this. Get this if you don't really need Nokia Maps.

Compared to the Nokia 710, Omnia W has a better screen, better camera for stills (though 710 captures slightly better videos), and better design (in my opinion). The battery is strong, and lasts for 2 days with data always on, with light-medium usage.

Lumia 800 has better body and better camera, with the usual Nokia freebies. But you have to pay 8k more for that. If you don't mind the price of Lumia 800, get it (it looks and feels awesome in hand).

If you have any other questions regarding Omnia W, I'd be happy to answer them.

subushady

Both are good.

Storage: Lumia 800 has 16GB as compared to 8GB in Omnia
Build: Lumia 800 is better built and has a better build factor

Nokia has some good apps like GPS

If you have the money then go for Lumia 800 as it has 16GB memory else stick to Omnia as its a complete VFM.

Thanks,
Subu.

OP
S

sambitshankar

I have an Omnia W, and for the price, I couldn't complain about anything on this. Get this if you don't really need Nokia Maps.

Compared to the Nokia 710, Omnia W has a better screen, better camera for stills (though 710 captures slightly better videos), and better design (in my opinion). The battery is strong, and lasts for 2 days with data always on, with light-medium usage.

Lumia 800 has better body and better camera, with the usual Nokia freebies. But you have to pay 8k more for that. If you don't mind the price of Lumia 800, get it (it looks and feels awesome in hand).

If you have any other questions regarding Omnia W, I'd be happy to answer them.

Thanks a lot bro for the reply, i just wanted to know whether Samsung has loaded any Maps n GPS facility into the Omnia W ??? and isn't the the 8GB memory a drawback without any memory expansion ???

Top Bottom