Nokia Lumia 800 issues [WP7 issues]

noob

Cyborg Agent
Hi
Here is the problem i am facing with Nokia Lumia 800..

1. I have a windows live ID , Country : India. You can change it
anytime you want.
2. I have a Zune ID , Country : India..You CANT change this. You cant
change this.It remains the same what you choose during registration.
3. On Phone, everything is set to India. Can change...
4. On Windows , Country : India...can change....

So everything is set to India. From what i know , Windows Marketplace
is enabled for India and hence i can browse and purchase apps from my
device.

Now when i connect phone to zune, i can sync all my data but i dont
get option of MARKETPLACE (on left top) and SIGN-IN (on right top) in
Zune.
However, If i change my country to US on PC and restart Zune, i can
see both options. But when i try to login, it gives me error ( see
attachment).

After little bit of Googling, I found that i need to have US based
Zune ID and Live ID. Luckly i have my old windows live ID which is US
based. If i use that old Live ID on Zune then i can explore
Marketplace from Zune. But here i cant purchase apps from Zune as i
dont have US based credit card.

Let me know if you can help me on this. I want to use my WP with India
based ID and want to explore and install apps via Zune software.

I don't prefer installing apps from web because it is not like
Android. I have to open my text message or email to install apps.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Factory Reset Lumia 800. There is some option in settings... The process can take upto 15 minutes... maybe less.

After factory reset, it deletes all your data. Zune software will back it all up when you connect the phone to your PC... Just in case, keep a separate backup...

When it reboots the first time, it will again ask you to register. This time, choose country "United States". You can use your Indian Live email id... just the country should be US.

After that, everything would work perfectly. Resync with Zune. You should get your data back...

I did the same thing on my Samsung Focus. After selecting India, the phone functionality was reduced... Many apps and games in the Marketplace were not available for India. So, I reset my phone, set the country to US during registration, and everything works perfectly...

Cheers!

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
After factory reset, it deletes all your data. Zune software will back it all up when you connect the phone to your PC..After that, everything would work perfectly. Resync with Zune. You should get your data back...

So after resync will i get my apps and games back installed on phone ?

When it reboots the first time, it will again ask you to register. This time, choose country "United States". You can use your Indian Live email id... just the country should be US.
I think we can change the country and local and set everything to US and then it asks for restart...is it really necessary to reset phone ? If this is what you are saying then i have done it and it fails to buy paid apps from Zune because then it needs US based credit card.

As of now i can purchase apps from Phone market app but not from Zune.

I did the same thing on my Samsung Focus. After selecting India, the phone functionality was reduced... Many apps and games in the Marketplace were not available for India. So, I reset my phone, set the country to US during registration, and everything works perfectly...
I think WP Marketplace is now open to India and hence i dont see this limiting apps and games thing happening...can you tell me few apps which are US only and not in Indian market ?

Thanks for the reply.

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
Nokia admits Lumia 800 has battery problem

Yeah. And i can confirm that my phone has this bug. It shows 980mah battery.
I am wondering why ALL devices sold in India dont have this bug? My friends phone shows 1500mah. How can we trust that it is not a hardware(battery) issue ?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
So after resync will i get my apps and games back installed on phone ?

I think thats what happens. But have not tested it yet...

I think we can change the country and local and set everything to US and then it asks for restart...is it really necessary to reset phone ? If this is what you are saying then i have done it and it fails to buy paid apps from Zune because then it needs US based credit card.

As of now i can purchase apps from Phone market app but not from Zune.

I have not yet bought apps through Marketplace, so don't know if a US Credit Card is necessary... WP7 has been launched in many countries in Europe and Asia... So, I don't know why this is happening on your side...

I think WP Marketplace is now open to India and hence i dont see this limiting apps and games thing happening...can you tell me few apps which are US only and not in Indian market ?

I could always install apps on my phone when it was registered to India. But there was a small problem which I did not realize at that time...

Actually, I installed some app which allowed me to discover high-ranking apps and games. I tried to install a few games that were featured in that app. But could not do it. Got a message that the app is not available for my country. But after reset, and selecting USA, all apps and games are visible.

So, any games not released for India by developers won't be visible on Marketplace search results...

Cheers!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Thanks for the input. Will check this.
BTW , Samsung Focus finally got Mango update ?

Yes, I updated my Focus on 7th October... Many updates... final update was Mango v7720.

I don't know when v7740 will be released. And even if it comes, not much use because they have not included Wifi Hotspot facility in it... HTC phones on 7740 got Wifi Hotspot facility, but not Focus...

What version are you using? Is it 7720?

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
I dont have my WP with me right now..will post about it tonight.

Regarding Zune issue :

I had a chat with MS Zune support and they informed that Zune market
is not yet for India (buying music etc) but WP marketplace is. Also
you cant change country associated with Zune Market like you can do
for Live ID. Hence there is no way you can purchase apps from Zune
with Zune ID country set to India.

They asked me to create new Live ID (and hence will also result in new
ZuneID) with country set to US. Here i can install free apps from Zune
but wont be able to purchase apps as i don't have US based credit card
linked to Zune ID.

In short what matters is you need to have Zune ID Country = Live ID
country + valid credit card of that country to purchase apps via Zune.

So problem remains same unless MS makes Zune market available for India.

Amey408

Broken In
Hey AndroidFan should u r focus Bluetooth work fine? because i also have Samsung Focus with mango version but when ever i try to par my other phone (Nokia) with it the phone show "not supported" error.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hey AndroidFan should u r focus Bluetooth work fine? because i also have Samsung Focus with mango version but when ever i try to par my other phone (Nokia) with it the phone show "not supported" error.

Just like you cannot transfer any files using bluetooth in iphone, in the same way, you cannot transfer files on WP7. That is why I am an Android Fan... ;)

Bluetooth is only for wireless bluetooth receiver or headset pairing.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Regarding battery issues, it is a software issue. Nokia has confirmed it and software update is coming in January.

Bluetooth transfer is coming soon from homebrew community

reniarahim1

Youngling
the only shortcomings i can find it in lumia/windows phones are
--> no sd card support
--> no mass storage mode while connecting to pc..too much dependency on zune
--> no front cam

if the above issues are resolved, lumia 800 would have been one of the best phone.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^ So, there is no easy way... I am not paying money to officially unlock by which I am still limited to the number of apps I can sideload... Not a good option...

I was actually talking about -- WP7 Hacking for Beginners - Chevron, Theming, Ringtones, Registry, MMS/Data - xda-developers

Its tough... Cannot do it... Android Rulez!

Top Bottom