Nokia E7

abhidev

Human Spambot
It does require data connection...as it measures all your browsing info like sites visited,advertisements viewed/clicked, no. of pages viewed...etcs...etc...also it must has your demographic data while signing up.....:)

mohityadavx

Youngling
hey v4u_luv2004

what about those 2200 points are they any good i mean what u can redeem firm these points. I will join if they are of any real use as i see there is a very faint possibility of winning stuff from lucky draw.

OP
v4u_luv2004

v4u_luv2004

Broken In
@v4u_luv2004: Congrats u got a 29k phone for Free....lucky yaar...

cud u just explain a bit more detail about the Nokia R&D panel & login etc...
Thanks mate :)
N abt the panel its very simple and easy to use all you need to do is create an account there and download a small software call 360Meter. Remember to get this software to work your mobile will try to send an international sms immediately after the installation of the software so be prepared to invest 5 bucks ;)

After that within a week your Nielsen Mobile Reward account will be activated from where you can redeem ur points. they have a vast range of products u'll get to know once ur account is activated.

Nokia/Nielsen looks for the people who can really bring worth to their research panel not everyone will receive free mobile mind u but yes u will regularly receive points. Once u start showing positive interest in the research u will get a lot of attention from them like i got(its not just abt uploading data from ur phone thrs much more goes behind the scene if u r clever enough u will soon learn d trick to get noticed by them. Don't ask me how bcos I'm not allowed to speak abt it.) :smile:

@v4u_luv2004

That Nokia panel thing tells to install some measurement software. Any idea what it measures and does it need an active data connection full time ??
Can you explain that a bit more ??

Dude u dun really need to have a full time active connection.
The application is very simple and neat and it just sits in the background without eating ur phone's resources.
U r not required to upload the datas 24/7 just do it thrice a week that will be more than enough. open the meter software and just click on upload, it will never upload more than 20-30kbs of datas or to the maximum 100kbs.. so its not very heavy on pocket either u just need to invest 20-30 paisas for uploading the datas each time.

Ok if u r worried abt what datas the measurement software collects then i must tell u that u shud'n worry abt this at all bcos u r in a safe hand. If u dunno already wat Nielsen as a company is then just try googling or binging.. u will get ur answer.

n here's the the list of datas which nokia collects from ur phone.

Q. What type of data is being collected?

A. The application measures general usage of your phone. For example, we collect information on:

the type, name, use and installation of applications and games
the address of the websites you visit
the date and duration of the websites you visit
the date, time and duration of phone calls, but not details on the phone numbers you call or receive calls from
the date and time you send text/picture messages to or receive text/picture messages from
the date, time, type and name of Bluetooth devices used with your phone
the date and time when USB devices are connected to your phone
battery levels, charger states, alarm usage, profile changes
information on network traffic, use of WLAN and use of GPS
information on failed calls
system and hardware events like start-up and shutdown, SIM card change, application crashes and connected, disconnected and types of accessories, like TV-cables.
information on what kinds of fields are used in the phonebook
the network performance of your phone, including signal quality readings

We do not listen to or record any of your phone calls. We also do not examine, store or record any of the content of text or picture messages you send or receive. In addition, we cannot and do not read any of the contents of your other files or email messages.

Hope this clears all ur doubts.

hey v4u_luv2004

what about those 2200 points are they any good i mean what u can redeem firm these points. I will join if they are of any real use as i see there is a very faint possibility of winning stuff from lucky draw.

Dude I'm not sure people who is joining now is getting 2200 points if u actually get that then let me tell u that u r getting a gr8 startup point. Bcos wen i joined a long back then i received a mere 3 figures points so for me it was a long journey from xxx points to xxxxx well thats a secret ;)

Ok in 2200 points u can order urself an 8gb micro SD card, or 2 pen drives or cushion covers or pizza coupons for Dominos or 2 cloth irons... well there is so much to order..

All the best and go ahead u will actually love it once u start earning points.:wink:

thanks bro for giving sign up link. Btw whats the use of points can we use them to buy real nokia phones :D

Oh yes u can actually use ur points to buy real Nokia phones..
Not only that there is a lot of stuffs u can buy but my dear friend u need a lot of patience for that. :)

Hey Guys i hope i was able to answer all ur queries.
If u need any infos regarding Nielsen survey then dun hesitate to leave a message.

Cheers...

reddead

LoSt!
guys its available for available too but cant find my device(galaxy 3):-(
not sure if its available in india
heres d link
*mobilepanel2.nielsen.com/nenroll/home.do?type=load&l=en_uk&pid=2

pauldmps

Banned
^^ That offer is also available for Android! Cool. But they aren't offering any phones, just a bunch of shopping vouchers.

mohityadavx

Youngling
I registered nokia X6 today and uploaded the data once but haven't still received the confirmation mail how much time it take to get the confirmation mail. Also from where can i check points.Also how many times should i upload the data.What is the minimum redemption checkpoint.

Awaiting Response Thanking You

Teeyem

Right off the assembly line
Hi there,

Congrats V4u. I too got a free Nokia E7 phone.

I am a new comer here. In fact, I am new to this kind of tech forums. I am not a Symbian Developer or any tech geek. I am in pipes & plumbing material business at Coimbatore. Perhaps it was a reward to have enrolled dedicatedly in the Nielsen mobile 360 panel. (Thanks to Aircel's unlimited GPRS at just Rs 98 per month). And also to have diligently participated in their periodic surveys. Anyway, it is nice to the latest gizmo free of cost!

I need a technical help - In my current Nokia 5800 XM, I have edited the field names for many contacts. For example, to store under Jack's name itself, his and his wife's mobile numbers, I had renamed the sub fields as "Jack's mobile" & "Jill's mobile". (That way, if the second number is not called often, I can make do with one entry lesser in my phone book). See scree snap attached.

But these renamed field names do not get exported to the new phone when done by the "Phone switch" option via Bluetooth. In the new E7 they still come out as "mobile, mobile". These renamed fields used to get exported alright with the "Phone Backup" & "Restore" feature in Nokia PC Suite. But E7 does not seem compatible to PC Suite. We are recommended to use Ovi suite. I doubt Ovi can do this. Also I doubt Ovi can retain the preferred default number settings to call or msg in all our contacts list.

I am very wary of Ovi suite. Once it mucked up the default number settings of all my contacts in the 5800, after effects of which I am still struggling with. One more time it did reverse synchronization jumbling up all my contacts. I stopped using Ovi after that.

Any suggestions? Because of this issue I am yet to switch over to the E7. It's now more than a month, and already got a reminder mail them.

Thanks guys.

T Manickam
Coimbatore
+91 98422 71539

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Why don't you sell the E7 for some 25k & keep using you 5800XM as you won't find much difference between both in terms of UI & usability.

tejjammy

Journeyman
Hi
I am facing a problem with this app. It installs properly without any problem but when i try to upload data i get Upload Failed error. I first used Wifi and then 3G data plan but both gave the same error. I tried to mail them but got no reply. I even reinstalled it thrice ( and spent 15 buxx) but no avail.
Can anybody help me out.
I use Nokia C6-00

Teeyem

Right off the assembly line
^^ Why don't you sell the E7 for some 25k & keep using you 5800XM as you won't find much difference between both in terms of UI & usability.

Though a really attractive proposition, no, I would not want to go to the unethical extent of selling away what was given free with the understanding of contuinuing to use it and to keep participating in the mobile panel uploads. But, yes, it has seriously crossed my mind to discontinue using the E7 and put it away. And that within using it just for a few days.

You are right. For all the hype of the new Symbian^3 and the E7, the UI & usability has not been revamped at all. There are a few pluses, but mostly minuses. I shall try to list them soon.

v4u, did you notice though the courier package came in direct from Finland, the phones blue box packing had Nokia, New Delhi label? Marked with Indian MRP ! It was a surprise.

I suppose for all the free allottees here, Nokia India must have shipped the phones in bulk to Finland, and they mailed it individually. May be customs duty reasons.

raksrules

Youngling
@v4u_luv2004

One query regarding the survey.
After logging in when i clock on MY INCENTIVE there is another link for "Go to point base system" When i click that it redirects to some other website where i need to reenter my id and password but on putting same id and password it does not accept it.
What seems to be the issue ??

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
Hi
I am facing a problem with this app. It installs properly without any problem but when i try to upload data i get Upload Failed error. I first used Wifi and then 3G data plan but both gave the same error. I tried to mail them but got no reply. I even reinstalled it thrice ( and spent 15 buxx) but no avail.
Can anybody help me out.
I use Nokia C6-00

I have the same problem!! Were u able to solve this - "Upload failed" problem?? Any ideas?

raksrules

Youngling
I have the same problem!! Were u able to solve this - "Upload failed" problem?? Any ideas?

I have the software installed in my Nokia C5 and i am able to upload data properly. Infact the app itself uploads the data on a daily basis and at every upload something like 10 paise gets deducted as i dont have a dedicated GPRS balance. Due to this i get 165 points each week / 10 days and currently my point standing is something over 800 which can be reimbursed for things on their website.

Top Bottom