Nokia debuts Lumia 800, 710, first Windows Phone handsets

amritpal2489

In the zone
Today, Nokia unveiled its first Windows Phone handsets, the Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 710.

Nokia Lumia 800
Calling it the "first real Windows Phone," Nokia said it designed the Lumia 800 from the inside out and features a durable polycarbonate plastic body with a curved 3.7-inch ClearBack AMOLED (480x800 pixels) touch screen. It's powered by a 1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 processor and has 16GB of internal memory. Users will also be given 25GB of free storage through Microsoft's cloud-based SkyDrive service........

SOURCE: Nokia debuts Lumia 800, 710, first Windows Phone handsets | Crave - CNET

sygeek

Technomancer
Totally love the design. It's brilliant, really. You guys should check out the hands-on video, the interface feels much smoother than any Android phone. And it's very fast and responsive (literally faster than any Android phone, in terms of user interface interaction), despite its half a gig RAM.

Excellent integration of Nokia's brilliant industrial design with Windows Phone OS. If it will be anywhere near 27k, I'll definitely recommend it to any average user out there.

Although, I agree, on the hardware side, it lacks a lot. But, in the end it's the output, i.e. the software that matters.

Well done, Nokia.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yup liked the design of N9 and 800....started liking meego more after seeing the demo...but its the last meego sooo :(

Lumina 800 and 710 are great...if priced nicely then it will be a hit :D

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Nokia is going down for past couple of years. Hopefully these release will stabilize their ship.

sukesh1090

Adam young
why its screen looks like a samsung windows 7 phone for me.my friend has samsung win 7 smart phone and it has got the similar looking screen.that samsung phone costs 27k.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
why its screen looks like a samsung windows 7 phone for me.my friend has samsung win 7 smart phone and it has got the similar looking screen.that samsung phone costs 27k.

Of course. It uses Windows Phone 7. It isn't customized like Android is to give each handset UI a different look and feel. It isn't MeeGo either which gave the N9 a distinct and innovative environment.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Specs are just fine, it's the best available with a Windows Phone. More importantly, design is AWESOME!!!

@sukesh1090
Its not Samsung's Windows 7!!!

Top Bottom