Nokia C3 Wlan Problem..

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
Guys i got a nokia c3 as a gift this diwali... its a nice phone overall for its price... The main feature is ofcourse Wifi.. m having problem connecting it to my wifi at home... it detects the network den i enter the WEP key den it says connecting... n after few seconds "WLAN Connection Failed" error comes..

i have a Mtnl connection n its a MTNL Wireless Router (UTStarcom T-KD-318-EW)..
i also hav a nokia N79 n m able to connect n use the wifi with it..

i even updated the firmware of the phone still the same error comes while connecting..
any1 has any idea wat mayb wrong with the phn or sm settings?

Gollum

Collector
Maybe you are entering the wep key at a wrong place.check properly what the phone asks at the time security option.

OP
jagg89

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
when i select the network it asks for security key it does'nt accepts anything except the WEP key...
wat i tried just now was i disabled any type of key in router n then wen i conect it does'nt asks for any key n directly starts connecting but then again same thing happens connecting.. n then "WLAN Connection Failed" error :x

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Hey jagg89, since you are using c3 can you please tell me how to set proxy address and port for a wifi connection???
It wud be a great help. Thnx :)

papul1993

not a newbie.....
OFFTOPIC: I would like to ask you a few questions about this phone if you dont mind. I am planning to buy it.

OP
jagg89

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@Gollum i go to connectivity>available Wlans n then select the network.. not any app.. i hav tried everything i can nthin works always the same error while connecting.. "connectin failed".. very frustrating cant even give it back sm 1 gifted it...

@NainO Try this >>
Settings->Config->Personal Settings
Add new Web (or edit My Web)
Set Use Preferred Access to: No
Edit Access Point Settings.
Set Proxy: to enabled
Specify proxy address and port.

@papul1993 overall the phone is gud i m not able to use wifi so m disappointed... i hav read at many places ppl r having problem with its Wifi.. if the wifi works easily its very nice phn for its price.. i did'nt purchase it got it for free :D Rest is upto ur requirement..

Top Bottom