Nikon D3200 or Canon 1200D or any other ??

ashs1

Padawan
Hey everyone !! I need yet another help from you guys as i have zero knowledge on DSLRs/ :)

My friend is planning to upgrade from a P&S to a DSLR. He's not into Serious photography, but would like to keep it as a hobby. He has some experience with his old crappy P&S, but i am afraid its days are over after it broke into pieces ( long story ;) )
He's now planning to buy a DSLR in the 25k-35k Range. His main usage will be ( as stated by him ): Casual photography( indoors & outdoors ) & some ocassional wildlife photography.
He's not very keen on Video recording features as he won't be using it much.

As of now, he has currently shortlisted Canon 1200D & Nikon D3200. ( *snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-1200D-vs-Nikon-D3200 )

Some of his friends have suggested him to take canon products as apparently acc. to them, Nikon camera gets slower with time :facepalm: :noob:. I am not sure about the truthfulness of this statement, but i'll leave this up to you guys.

Which one among these two models would you think is best suited for him ? IF there are some other models that are better, pls do suggest them here ( & the reasons for suggesting them ).
He'll be getting the camera by this month's end .

Thanks for all the help.
Regards
Ash

sujoyp

Grand Master
Budget is 25-35 as a whole or for just DSLR+kit and he will get zoom lens later for wildlife ...

frankly wildlife starts from 300mm soo a minimum 70-300 is required..

I suggest him getting D5100 or 600D kit for now and save for Tamron 70-300 VC uSD or nikon 55-300VR or nikon 70-300VR which ever comes in his budget.

OP
ashs1

ashs1

Padawan
Budget is 25-35 as a whole or for just DSLR+kit and he will get zoom lens later for wildlife ...

hmm..I've messaged him about this.( whether the budget is just for DSLR or for with lens)..as soon as i get the message, i'll post his answer here.

P.S : I forgot to mention this on the main post that whether this was a good offer on 1200D (Body + 18-55mm + 55-250mm Twin Lens @ 31.4k ) : *www.amazon.in/Canon-Digital-Camera-18-55mm-55-250mm/dp/B00JB0IZHU?tag=googinhydr18418-21

sujoyp

Grand Master
1200D is not that good compared to 600D ...I wont suggest going for 1200D ....if only you are too tempt with that dual lens combo then maybe its a deal ...but as I said 250mm is slightly less for birding if thats the reason you want a zoom lens

Hrishi

1200D is not that good compared to 600D ...I wont suggest going for 1200D ....if only you are too tempt with that dual lens combo then maybe its a deal ...but as I said 250mm is slightly less for birding if thats the reason you want a zoom lens

I agree . For Birding or WildLife or Moon-photography , one should have at least 300mm , specially birding.
At times , I Find even 300mm way too less when it comes to birding.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Is he really wants a DSLR? If he is not serious, most likely the dslr will be collecting dust...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Sorry but I dont belive a DSLR is just a tech gadget ....even a 5 years old DSLR can produce same professional picture that a new one can produce ...you can not compare them like that

only a proper photographer can advice you about a DSLR

Hrishi

People concentrate too much on the tech jargons and less on the art. One needs to understand that photography is an art . though recently technology has brought a new level of it but still the basic remains the same.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION] ...best gear...best DSLR cost 3 lakh Rs. ...I dont have that much money :D :D

we always buy best in our budget ;) which is still a compromise

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] ....you are 100% correct ...no reach is good enough

OP
ashs1

ashs1

Padawan

I suggest him getting D5100 or 600D kit for now and save for Tamron 70-300 VC uSD or nikon 55-300VR or nikon 70-300VR which ever comes in his budget.

sorry for the late reply..

he said that his max budget would be upto 40k. & as of now, he has no plans on buying the zoom lens separately as he just wants to maintain photography as his hobby..he, however said that, later after he starts earning , he may consider it..but, as of now, no forseeable plans for buying separate lens. . He's hoping to buy a decent lens too within 40k.

how about this one : *www.amazon.in/Canon-Digital-Black-18-55-Camera/dp/B00GUHNAQ8?tag=googinhydr18418-21 ?

Is he really wants a DSLR? If he is not serious, most likely the dslr will be collecting dust...

:D honestly speaking..i think he may end bored by the dslr after a few years..( hopefully, i am wrong )..its that stage of his life where he's getting choked with his engineering life & wants to explore something. :)

Top Bottom