Next Gen Console discussion ( PS4 'n Xbox One'n Wii U )

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg47

Technomancer
NFS: Most Wanted looks better on Wii U?

Of the three console versions, yeah. Its kinda like a PC version ported to Wii U :p

EDIT - Microsoft Exec: “Majority Of UK Consumers Won’t Know” About PS4 Reveal Next Week

*www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-overtakes-wii-in-uk-we-ve-won-this-round/0110895

oh Microsoft!

amjath

Human Spambot
*sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/47804_10151428474582370_1973834045_n.jpg
Sony PlayStation 4 controller prototype reportedly leaked in new photo | The Verge

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Here's a more detailed analysis of ps4's controller:

A Closer Look at the PlayStation 4 Controller Prototype

The following should be the touchpad that the ps4's controller should end up using:

New PlayStation Eyepad controller patent discovered

Here's what microsoft has to say:

Sony's 20 Feb Reveal Is 'Important For The Industry' - Microsoft

More news for nintendo fans: (lol)

Nintendo’s Lack of Interest From Gamers Force Them to Make More Bad Decisions

Last edited:

blurr

Broken In
I always thought sony controllers were a mash up between Microsoft and Nintendo controllers, I mean -
Dual Shock 3 controller had a the facets of a normal controller with "some" motion sensing implemented to it.
When MS launched the kinect, Sony released released the PS eye toy with kinect like abilities except that it detected the Wii like motion controllers "dubbed" Move.
Now the PS4 controller is said to have 360 like triggers and a Wii U gamepad like touch screen built in.
convinced yet?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
More Nintendo doom and gloom? Used to read the same about Wii as well. Has been only 2.5 months since launch. How many games PS3 have back then? :| Consoles pick up later.

I always thought sony controllers were a mash up between Microsoft and Nintendo controllers, I mean -
Dual Shock 3 controller had a the facets of a normal controller with "some" motion sensing implemented to it.
When MS launched the kinect, Sony released released the PS eye toy with kinect like abilities except that it detected the Wii like motion controllers "dubbed" Move.
Now the PS4 controller is said to have 360 like triggers and a Wii U gamepad like touch screen built in.
convinced yet?
yeah. they sort of try to copy from both ends.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
convinced yet?

Welcome to TDF mate. :)

Yeah i would agree that Xbox 360's controller is the best and surpasses the dual shock 3 in terms of ergonomics. But dual shock's design was so perfect since the advent of
PS1 that the same design has been around since 1994. :shock:

I mean Sony has been following the phrase "why fix if it ain't broke" which holds true here.

You are again right that wii too had some innovation to showcase in its wii-mote. But again its audience are too casual.
And i had used a wii for a year and have lots and lots of hands-on experience. Believe me, a hardcore gamer or somebody even interested in gaming a bit more than casually, won't look back at the wii. Wii-mote works well with games like new super mario bros ( good game) & wii- sports. When i tried some hardcore gaming with it ( resident evil darkside chronicles), it proved to be a big turn-off. The game was also a wuss. Tomb-raider underworld looks horrible in a wii. I then realized that this console wasn't meant for my tastes and gave it a wide berth since then.

Now coming to wii-u, i don't think sony copied anything from it. I mean both sony and microsoft don't care about nintendo anymore coz its not in their playing field and never was.
The touchscreen you say sony copied isn't from wii-u but their own vita.

Sony controller most probably will feature a "Touchpad" rather than a touchscreen. Its just like a pressure sensitive plate that you see in conventional laptops.
Its nothing like a Wii-u. Not even close.

And playstation eye has been around since ps2 i.e much before kinect. But microsoft's technology innovated controller free gaming or atleast took the experience to a different level.

Some more news:

At 57K sold, Wii U's January performance is historically abysmal (lol)

The PS4 Announcement Will Drop PS3 Prices by 64% This is great imo.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
thats great news.. but what about the game prices??

Game prices should reduce too. Old ps3 titles are available well below 1500 inr now.

God Of War III [Essentials] -: Flipkart.com

Heavy Rain Move Edition [Essentials] -: Flipkart.com

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune & Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Double Pack Bundle -: Flipkart.com

Have you played these? They are must play for every ps3 owner imo and your siggy says that you have one. :)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Game prices should reduce too. Old ps3 titles are available well below 1500 inr now.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune & Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Double Pack Bundle -: Flipkart.com

Have you played these? They are must play for every ps3 owner imo and your siggy says that you have one. :)

have em all ;) i am one UC fanboy :hyper:

have em all ;) i am one UC fanboy :hyper:

damn double post bug.. i am NOT editing it. :evil:

blurr

Broken In
Welcome to TDF mate. :)

Yeah i would agree that Xbox 360's controller is the best and surpasses the dual shock 3 in terms of ergonomics. But dual shock's design was so perfect since the advent of
PS1 that the same design has been around since 1994. :shock:

Now coming to wii-u, i don't think sony copied anything from it. I mean both sony and microsoft don't care about nintendo anymore coz its not in their playing field and never was.
The touchscreen you say sony copied isn't from wii-u but their own vita.

Sony controller most probably will feature a "Touchpad" rather than a touchscreen. Its just like a pressure sensitive plate that you see in conventional laptops.
Its nothing like a Wii-u. Not even close.

And playstation eye has been around since ps2 i.e much before kinect. But microsoft's technology innovated controller free gaming or atleast took the experience to a different level.
First off, sorry about the impromptu post, was really desperate for some forum action :p
I personally think that ps controller redesign is a good move, considering that every end of my body is an ergonomics freak.
Now "copied" is a strong word, I'm just saying that it has the facets of controllers from both the companies. I'm aware that PS Eye has been around longer than kinect but to see it being implemented with a motion controller about the same time MS introduced "kinect" a motion sensing camera should raise some eye brows. Then again I'm not accusing sony of "copying" something, no sir!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Its working.

News time : ;)

PS4 Will Not Be The Biggest Announcement At Playstation Meeting.

Sony Registers 3 Mysterious Trademarks

Wii U Sales Continue To Slide (Its really alarming for nintendo. I hope it doesn't end up as gamecube)

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
So this is getting pretty interesting. But there is one thing that we haven't discussed on this thread, that is used games. According to various sources, Sony is going to implement some kind of RFID tech in the PS4 and its game. Then, once you pop in the new disc to your PS4, they will be bonded for life, like twins. What they fail to address is that what will happen if the PS4 breaks and owner decides to get a new one. Then will the old games play? Moreover, according to Gamestop, 60% of the customers won't buy the console which will not play the used games.

GameStop: 60% of customers won’t buy console that doesn’t play used games | Ars Technica

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
one more thing.. the next gen hardware.. since they will have a comparably easier dev cycle due to x86 hardware, can we say that the game prices will be lower??

So this is getting pretty interesting. But there is one thing that we haven't discussed on this thread, that is used games. According to various sources, Sony is going to implement some kind of RFID tech in the PS4 and its game. Then, once you pop in the new disc to your PS4, they will be bonded for life, like twins. What they fail to address is that what will happen if the PS4 breaks and owner decides to get a new one. Then will the old games play? Moreover, according to Gamestop, 60% of the customers won't buy the console which will not play the used games.

GameStop: 60% of customers won’t buy console that doesn’t play used games | Ars Technica

i thought sony was not going to implement that.. MS is sure to implement it though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom