NEWS CHANNELS - Whats Your Take ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
oooopppsss if thats thee case .... then we all are IDIOTS.... just being fooled right in froont of us...

thnks and hope ur study or whtever it is is true...
There is a difference in being an idiot and being uninformed and unconcerned. If you are equipped with proper information, there is no reason why you can not detect the slant.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i dont get it ... arent they they the one`s who give information ??

anyway it does require certain amount of information to spot the lie.. !1

kumarmohit

Technomancer
You know in media we are taught about a Gatekeeper theory. It is the third stage of evolution of communication. According to this theory, the media acts as a gatekeeper to the information that goes on to people.

Since media can decide what information can percolate to people, they allow only that information to pass down which is favourable to them and their bosses.

This is the current situation in India.

This is unlike the EU and Canada (mind you not the United States) who are in the fifth stage of communication while USA which is in fourth. The fourth andf fifth stages are where people take the primary position and they regulate the way media functions. Here media becomes a mere tool and its role is limited to spreading that information which is created by people, Take You Tube for example, even Digg can be fit in that category.

He28

Still learning...
I feel all the Indian news channels should be banned....
DoorDarshan news is sufficient....
Moreover, these news channels are showing nothing....
Only they repete the news...
Or they try to 'create' news....
:mad:

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^^^^^^ totally agree...

@ kumarmohit... can u explain more about those stages.. seems interesting to me...

and how can people rgulate the news >???

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I have my assignment for MSc Media Mangement in which these stages have been discussed. I would send them to you. PM me your mail. and if you have visited digg, it is the way people regulate news. The monopoly of spreading information moves from the hands of media to the masses at large.

I hope you remember the AACS key thing which happened on Digg. people posted the said key en masse after digg tried to regulate the flow of information to suit the requirements of big studios and AACS LA. People regulate what information spreads and here digg did not want the key on site but people wanted it to be known to the world. The result was visible to the world.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Since media can decide what information can percolate to people, they allow only that information to pass down which is favourable to them and their bosses.

I agree with you and have something to add. What you are taught a "The Gatekeeper Theory", few years ago, Abraham Lincoln remarked that "If you want the honey, don't kick the hive". What does a media company want? It needs to spread information. But if people are unhappy with the information they spread, either people will surf to another channel or in order to maintain cash-flow, the media company has to give information which their viewers want. Most of the times, instead of risking their cash-flows media companies will prefer to show what the public wants. After all they have to feed their employees ;)

And now comes the issue that Naveen is trying to focus. I agree with Naveen that news channels are no more as expected. But I can be sure that majority of the public thinks unlike Naveen. There may be only about 10-15% who think like Naveen(that includes me too, as I agree with him), but still a vast majority likes the entertainment. If they didn't media companies automatically know it because they have minute-by-minute viewer profiles. They know how many viewers with are watching a particular show broadcasted by them. If that is good, the company won't risk its fortune. You see, large business focus on minimizing risks instead of being thrilled by taking a risk ;)

And for people alike Naveen and me, we always have other medium of news like internet. Why worry about something we can't do much about.

And about that Digg thing, yes, prople have to change the way they share information. Most of the teenagers todays use internet only for Orkutting, casual browsing for information, or forwarding chain emails to their pals. You see, it primarily depends upon who controls the flow of information.

Of course, with websites like "Digg" and "Stumble upon", there is no editing. So that could be dangerous at times.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
And about that Digg thing, yes, prople have to change the way they share information. Most of the teenagers todays use internet only for Orkutting, casual browsing for information, or forwarding chain emails to their pals. You see, it primarily depends upon who controls the flow of information.

I told you India is in the third stage:)

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
nothing but filmy gossip channels .. dont think most of the people wanaa see this ..they are just taking chance ..initially people could have liked it.. but by now most are sick of it ..

trublu

Ta da !
Today's TOP STORYon STAR NEWS,"Dhoni ne bike ki sawari ki"(Dhoni rode a bike).
Breaking News on Aaj Tak a few days back-"KHALI naam kundli ke hisaab se ashubh"

If our great freedom fighters knew that 50 years hence,people would end up doing such bullshit things,they would never have sacrifced their lives.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh yeah,I forgot another breaking news-"Rohit Sharma ne poore pariwar ke saath mandir mein aarti mein hissa liya".

kumarmohit

Technomancer
will there be a change in news format in future kumar???

Actually no the news channels would not change unless we change ourrselves. The fourth and fifth stage are where peopel become more important and make media work according to their requirement. So it is not the media which has to change, We have to change and bring in the fourth stage of communication in India.

You joking! NDTV is one of the best posers in India, it would pose independence when it is one of the biggest examples of political, advertiser and media nexus for modification of information.

On the other hand I really appreciate the subtleness of NDTV. It is one of the best maintainers of its garb of objectivity. I guess they should teach skills to RAW personnel. The chances of them caught spying for India would become near zero if they adapt in espionage, the skills and techinques that NDTV and the like use to maintain their unbiased professional image.

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
now aajtak have got a recorded conversation between sreesanth and priyanka chopra....and about sreesanth's deewangi...and now they are showing Dhoni phir Dhabe mein..enough i am changing the channel..

ancientrites

In the zone
few days back aajtak was greatly concerned on Great khali's defeat in no way out and before that in one major tournment khali lost to finlay .they critised finlay getting help from hornswaggle.
If any one of you guys watched that barbaric 6 men steel cage match Khali didnt even last for 10 minutes eventually knocked out by undertaker choke throat maneuver blood spilled out of khali's mouth.

Rahim

Married!
Viewers are fighting a hanicapped match as changing the channells wont do them any good. All the channelss show the same BS. The motto of the news channells are "More The Merrier".(BS that is)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
To all who say that change can not be made.

All of us know that Digit runs the demand thread. This is one of the most rudimentary examples where we are making the media do what we want.

I do not say that it is too much but it sure is something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom