NEWS CHANNELS - Whats Your Take ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelu09

Broken In
Good topic. DDNEWS is best news channel. Not in terms of presentation but gives real news. I dont have cable connection at home but saw aajtak,Ndtv,indiatv on my mobile 4 few days(free trial). These channel show utter bs. On aajtak they had main story that according to astrology saif-kareena will marry soon and have happy married life. On indiatv they said according to astrology saif-kareena will not last long. Next big story was kareena in bikini in tashan. I cant understand. Are bollywood and cricket only thing left in india.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
yes DD news is the ONLY chaanel... for real good news ... a channel menyt to show NEWS... not some crap like dhoni`s hair cut...

wht is the next news in NDTV/CNN/TIMES ????

breaking news : Dhoni brushes his teeth/ shaves/ p33s`s

aniother chanel worth mentioning here is sun news .. avail to all south indian... they too show relevant important news...

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Take it from me guyz, I have been sdtudying journalism for 5-6 years now. Both my bachelors and masters is in journalism and mass communication.

One thing that our teachers told us and we have found in our stay in media is that news reporting in India is run by either advertisers or political parties.

So while Aajtak and India TV are running becoz they have big ads coz of big viewership, NDTV,IBN and the so called decent news channels are running coz they get moolah from their political bosses. Most of these channels and other media does what is called Gotcha Journalism

You do not get news in India what you get is footage and content purchased by someone from channels so that they would be given to you for free. In some cases it may seem explicit in some cases it is more subtle.

If you want news, go listen to AIR or any international news channel. (And no they are not biased against India as the India media would have you believe. Why would the Indian media want their business go out of their hands)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
DD News/CNN IBN/NDTV 24x7/Times

I used to hate CNN, thought it was the worst. IBN seems to be better though. Dearly missing BBC World. Really loved Reporters, Click, Rough Science, Hard Talk, Top Gear, Asia Today etc. Also one program on Eco Challenge.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Take it from me guyz, I have been sdtudying journalism for 5-6 years now. Both my bachelors and masters is in journalism and mass communication.

One thing that our teachers told us and we have found in our stay in media is that news reporting in India is run by either advertisers or political parties.

So while Aajtak and India TV are running becoz they have big ads coz of big viewership, NDTV,IBN and the so called decent news channels are running coz they get moolah from their political bosses. Most of these channels and other media does what is called Gotcha Journalism

You do not get news in India what you get is footage and content purchased by someone from channels so that they would be given to you for free. In some cases it may seem explicit in some cases it is more subtle.

If you want news, go listen to AIR or any international news channel. (And no they are not biased against India as the India media would have you believe. Why would the Indian media want their business go out of their hands)

if that is the case then why would they go against olitician so often??
i may be a noob in ur field.. but u say that its run by politician.. that is only makesme wonder...

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Naturally because no channel would go against the politician they are sponsored by. Ever seen the commies being criticised by NDTV or IBN or Tehelka for that matter, no!

Even if they do go, it is just for the sake of formailty. They would never go as crazy against their political supporters as against the political rivals of the people who are their supporters.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ok lets say that channel no 1 is owned / sponsered by politician 1 and channel 2 by politician 2 and channel 3 by another one..

wouldnt these chaneel fight ahgainst each other.. but all i see is a common news all over... no hange .. no side stepping .. all the same.. except the news reading women/girls are different and preettier ;-)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
ok lets say that channel no 1 is owned / sponsered by politician 1 and channel 2 by politician 2 and channel 3 by another one..

wouldnt these chaneel fight ahgainst each other.. but all i see is a common news all over... no hange .. no side stepping .. all the same.. except the news reading women/girls are different and preettier ;-)

The differences are so subtle that these channels are able to maintain an image of being impartial among people. Well crazy as it may sound but my studies do allow me to locate those subtle yet very important things which non media people would have a very hard time noticing. Not that they can not notice these points, the thing is that no one watches the channels with so concentration and second style of slant that a particular news channel brings to its news is not known to all. With keen observation anyone can find them, it is not rocket science.

too_techy

Broken In
^^ didn't ndtv, ibn etc, go against commies during the nandhigaram incident, i remember it was all over news channels for 2 weeks or something, i am sure thats not what the communist wanted.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
The differences are so subtle that these channels are able to maintain an image of being impartial among people. Well crazy as it may sound but my studies do allow me to locate those subtle yet very important things which non media people would have a very hard time noticing. Not that they can not notice these points, the thing is that no one watches the channels with so concentration and second style of slant that a particular news channel brings to its news is not known to all. With keen observation anyone can find them, it is not rocket science.

oooopppsss if thats thee case .... then we all are IDIOTS.... just being fooled right in froont of us...

thnks and hope ur study or whtever it is is true...

moshel

Padawan
my take on news channels:

Star news: when dada was in the team and not playing well (he was captain then), they were bad mouthing him..then when he was kicked out, they were saying that dada is such an old and experienced player why was he kicked out....
and more recently....the reason why yuvi is not playing well nowadays....cos he is in love with Deepika Padukone!!!! this they are showing in breaking news with headlines like "pyar mein bure phase yuvi"
CNN-IBN/IBN7....a channel obsessed with anti-modi and anti-bjp mentality.
India TV....a channel obsessed with "the great Khali"...watch breaking news every night 9 to 12..for "breaking" news like "saif ali khan gets the name Kareena tatooed on his arm"
Live India...gets mixed up with the name india tv..however, ppl dont care much abt it after the delhi school sting operation fiasko.

Good news channels
1st Times Now..the best and most unbiased channel
2nd NDTV.

business news:
CNBC-TV18 (undoubtedly the best)

faraaz

Evil Genius
They are a business outfit which is in the market to make money...full stop. They're not doing charity, nor are they on some humanitarian mission. Sooner you understand that, lesser headache for you.

my take on news channels:

(Snip)

Good news channels
1st Times Now..the best and most unbiased channel
2nd NDTV.

business news:
CNBC-TV18 (undoubtedly the best)

ROFLMAO ... Times Now is unbiased? He he..the tooth fairy begs to differ! :D

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
My dad watches news (regional channels) back to back on 2 different channels every night. Whenever I used to ask, why do you want to watch the same news over and over again?? Give me the remote so that I can see something interesting, he would say, that the news which he saw on the 1st channel will be different on the 2nd channel. I never notice that difference. Since kumarmohit mentioned about this, I should look more intently to these channels now.

I recently came across a community on Orkut called I hate desperate journalism They have really interesting topics to talk about. I should agree that journalism, especially on TV has become desperate. Each channel is trying to outbeat the others by showing crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom