New Reliance broadband Plans

coolnikk

Journeyman
1) Only if you're an avid downloader.

2) Yes.

3) Till date, I haven't came across any blockage. (I don't use PT though)

but why is it only for downloaders though i download 100gb+ but still i like to to browse to so is there service not good enough for browsing or what ???

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
but why is it only for downloaders though i download 100gb+ but still i like to to browse to so is there service not good enough for browsing or what ???

Yes, browsing is not up to the mark, no where near airtel. Sometimes you hit enter after typing url, and then it will make you wait for some second, and then start loading. Steaming can't get worse. Even 360p lags; with airtel, even 720p didn't. And ask this when speeds are identical. Also, not to mention, pathetic pings worsened by packet loss.

iChaitanya

Journeyman
The ones who are opting for Reliance broadband by looking at these plans are fools.

2 year old Reliance broadband subscriber here. It worked well until Jan 2013. Since Jan 2013, the entire network has gone to the dogs. I'm getting 15-150 Kbps speed on my 4 Mbps tariff plan. Packet loss is ~50% and they just don't care. Moreover, they refused my rental waiver demand as well. Reliance broadband is worse than bullshit.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
this must be because of their large user base and no upgrades :(
i hear almost the same in lucknow too

The ones who are opting for Reliance broadband by looking at these plans are fools.

2 year old Reliance broadband subscriber here. It worked well until Jan 2013. Since Jan 2013, the entire network has gone to the dogs. I'm getting 15-150 Kbps speed on my 4 Mbps tariff plan. Packet loss is ~50% and they just don't care. Moreover, they refused my rental waiver demand as well. Reliance broadband is worse than bullshit.

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Ladies (if any!) and gentlemen, I present to you my "thunderous" 4 Mbps plan:

*i.imgur.com/8BGNh4a.png

Better opt for dial-up than opting for Reliance broadband. Entire Pune city is facing this slow speed/packet loss issue since last 2 months, but they're simply not interested in fixing it.

I've already applied for YOU broadband. Let's just hope they cover my area.

RCOM policy: NO rental waiver for slow speed / packet loss issues. Rental waiver will be given only if your connection is totally down, that too for 72+ hours. I have limited options in my area. :(

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@iChaitanya I had similar issues with Reliance connection for few days and then my connection was totally down. Moved to Tata Docomo broadband and its a million times better than reliance in terms of connectivity / stability, speed, no need to login and multiple devices work properly at the same time. Its a little expensive though (Rs.1499 for unlimited 1mbps connection).

If u are sure about giving up reliance connection, I would suggest you start disconnection process atleast one month in advance since they take 15 days to confirm disconnection and another month to collect the modem.

funskar

Padawan
Ladies (if any!) and gentlemen, I present to you my "thunderous" 4 Mbps plan:

*i.imgur.com/8BGNh4a.png

Better opt for dial-up than opting for Reliance broadband. Entire Pune city is facing this slow speed/packet loss issue since last 2 months, but they're simply not interested in fixing it.

I've already applied for YOU broadband. Let's just hope they cover my area.

RCOM policy: NO rental waiver for slow speed / packet loss issues. Rental waiver will be given only if your connection is totally down, that too for 72+ hours. I have limited options in my area. :(

Kar dia speed MBPS ka kbps me:-D:rofl:

Can anyone tell me the reason of these f***ing high pings??? It will defeat the purpose of taking broadband for online gaming.

*www.speedtest.net/result/2284273880.png

My reliance thunder 699 speedtest - YouTube

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Too many issues for online gaming using reliance connection. Even BSNL is throwing up problems. Better get Tata or some other broadband.

Renny

Padawan
Applied for this on 21st December 2012, still no call back. :(

They won't respond. Applied 3 times without any response from them..Screw it, if they are interested in getting customers let them take some interest and get back to us!

How good is TATA Indicom BB in Bangalore?

Skandy

Right off the assembly line
They won't respond. Applied 3 times without any response from them..Screw it, if they are interested in getting customers let them take some interest and get back to us!

How good is TATA Indicom BB in Bangalore?

Where do you stay in Bangalore

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Bump.

Reliance users.. please comment. And if some Reliance BB user from Delhi, I need your opinion urgently!

OP
C

Chirag_123

Broken In
I am using the thunder 1099 plan from like a year now.Never faced any problem with my connection except 1-2 times.The browsing speed is slower than airtel but i am extremely satisfied with the dl speeds..i used to download more than 200gb/month and now m just out of stuff to dl :p hope this helps to new subscribers.. The speed and everything may vary from area to area..

Dr. House

No Regrets
I am using the thunder 1099 plan from like a year now.Never faced any problem with my connection except 1-2 times.The browsing speed is slower than airtel but i am extremely satisfied with the dl speeds..i used to download more than 200gb/month and now m just out of stuff to dl :p hope this helps to new subscribers.. The speed and everything may vary from area to area..

Are you able to use torrent sites and utorrent download at good speed or not?

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking to get 2mbps unlimited for 699 plan. My main purpose would be web browsing, youtube videos 720p streaming and torrent sharing.

rdx_halo

In the zone
I'd it true that whenever Reliance Entertainment releases a film, reliance broadband blocks all torrent and file sharing sites for a month?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Reliance Netconnect+ Postpaid plans

Unlimited Internet Plans

Truly Unlimited ** 999

Wireless Internet, Broadband Connection, Reliance Netconnect – Reliance Communications
Is anyone using NetConnect+ ?

Is this really Truly Unlimited plan or does it have some FUP. Nothing specific is mentioned.

Top Bottom