New Reliance broadband Plans

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thanks. I think I will go with a wireless router. That way I can occasionally use internet on mobile phones too. How much will a decent one cost?

1100/- TP Link single antenna router.

Also, I am still not totally clear about how login in Reliance broadband will work. My perception is that if nobody is using the connection at a point of time, then any device can use the login credentials to connect. And when the second device needs to connect, then it won't need to login. Am I correct?

Yes, your perception is totally correct.

OP
C

Chirag_123

Broken In
Thanks. I think I will go with a wireless router. That way I can occasionally use internet on mobile phones too. How much will a decent one cost?

Here's the link of the router which Sujay suggested..
TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router | Router | Flipkart.com
I too bought this router for my 4mbps rel. connection 1 week ago,it works great.
M using Thunder 1099 plan from 16-18 days,having no problems at all..! Downloaded around 110gb till now..

jamm

Right off the assembly line
Here's the link of the router which Sujay suggested..
TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router | Router | Flipkart.com
I too bought this router for my 4mbps rel. connection 1 week ago,it works great.
M using Thunder 1099 plan from 16-18 days,having no problems at all..! Downloaded around 110gb till now..

Can you please tell me if you're using metro ethernet or ADSL?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Thank you all for your help..... now need to check whether the service is even available in my area or not. :)
check the feasibility and request a new connection. All the best.. I dint get a call from them so far though they said its feasible and promised me a call back in 2 days time. Its been a month, few phone calls to them and couple of mails to thier department.

I dont have any hope of getting a connection this year

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
It is extremely, I would say again it is EXTREMELYdifficult to terminate/discontinue a Reliance Connection. I Had a horrible experience trying to discontinue my Reliance NetConnect service and they still keep sending bills- I had to pay un-used bills for 7 months from the date of request for disconnection...

funskar

Padawan
Nobody takes reliance Bb.
After these mouth watering plans also Reliance will b dreaming to get customers like Bsnl/Airtel..

Only one thing for reliance that's they are cheaters..

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
Nobody takes reliance Bb.
After these mouth watering plans also Reliance will b dreaming to get customers like Bsnl/Airtel..
How can you say that? People who are opting for Reliance broadband from past month is pretty Good Atleast in Hyderabad. :)

soms.m

i migrated to 549 plan today:-D...was warlier on 500 combo where i was paying the same amount for half the speed

hi,
I too plan to go for thunder 549 plan.currently i have 300kbps combo plan.
When i checked with customercare they said they can migrate my connection to thunder 549 with the land line phone plan of RS.250.
I asked them i dont need landline phone only internet i need.they said that as i have the land line phone with existing combo plan i shouls migrate it with the 250 plan after that i have to request reliance to cancel only landline phone.

Is the same thing happened for you also?...please let me know.

Iam living in Bangalore.

Thanks!

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Been using Reliance Night zoom plan for Rs.999/- for over 3 months now. This is how it works with reliance:

1. Reliance engineer will tell you if they can give Freedom 999 plan. Its not available at all the locations. I was informed that I can still go for it but I will get only 2mbps or thereabouts.
2. You have to login each time through browser interface. I remember reading some trick somewhere but it didnt work for me.. So didnt try any further experiments.
3. I am using Netgear DGND3700. Unless I set "Use Computer MAC Address", I cannot login.
4. If reliance says plan is unlimited, it is unlimited. Never faced any reduced speed issue.. have crossed 60GB in a month.
5. Few pirated MP3 sites are blocked but torrents work - be it isohunt or piratebay.

With new plans, I may be shifting to 4mbps at an extra Rs.100/- :) Avoid combo plans though unless phone is of extreme importance.

eminem.shady

Been using Reliance Night zoom plan for Rs.999/- for over 3 months now. This is how it works with reliance:

1. Reliance engineer will tell you if they can give Freedom 999 plan. Its not available at all the locations. I was informed that I can still go for it but I will get only 2mbps or thereabouts.
2. You have to login each time through browser interface. I remember reading some trick somewhere but it didnt work for me.. So didnt try any further experiments.
3. I am using Netgear DGND3700. Unless I set "Use Computer MAC Address", I cannot login.
4. If reliance says plan is unlimited, it is unlimited. Never faced any reduced speed issue.. have crossed 60GB in a month.
5. Few pirated MP3 sites are blocked but torrents work - be it isohunt or piratebay.

With new plans, I may be shifting to 4mbps at an extra Rs.100/- :) Avoid combo plans though unless phone is of extreme importance.

For anyone who has doubts about what reliance delivers ....

1. I am subscribed to Reliance's Freedom 999 for the last 5 months.
2. I hit my FUP in a matter of days, but Reliance is too kind and I still get 12 Mbps beyond my FUP
3. I am my modem connected a a Cisco router and use the connection simultaneously on 4 machines at home.
4. For anyone who wants more details, I took this from speedtest [dot] net ... *i45.tinypic.com/zvxuug.jpg

I cant think India has a better plan to offer at the moment for this price..

chetans

hi, to all. i hav registered for new connection in reliance wired bb, but they saying that there is no feasibility in your area of wire line broadband connection,whenever we launch the same you would be notified through relevant media channels.
but when i check there network coverage map its showing my area. the nearest tower is very closefrom my place, hardly five minutes walk.

i hav told them that they will get good business in my area bcoz we only hav mtnl bb which is very costly for good speed plans.
i stay at dahisar (west) mumbai - 400068.
i hav tried tikona bb, i get good signal strenght in my place. but reliance bb plans r really good.
if any reliance guy is reading this please take this seriously. i want reliance bb urgently.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

what do you mean login?

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Login means before u can start browsing, u have to go to reliancebroadband.co.in and enter login details.

coolnikk

Journeyman
hi i am a mtnl user on 2mbps plan (80gb fup) @1600 per month saw the reliance bb plans now i have some questions:

1. Is switching over to reliance a good move the plans are gr8 but u know like is the service good ?
2. Can i use my dlink 2750u adsl modem/router for the same connection ?
3. Does reliance block torrent sites like private trackers and if it does any work around ?
4. Any reviews from users in kandivali west area particularly mahavir nagar ?

In between some thing i found:

*techforumindia.com/index.php?topic=5867.0

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
1) Only if you're an avid downloader.

2) Yes.

3) Till date, I haven't came across any blockage. (I don't use PT though)

Top Bottom