New Reliance broadband Plans

Chirag_123

Broken In
I dont believe this.. I was just looking for a new broadband connection and i saw these new broadband plans from reliance.. 4 Mbps unlimited (no FUP) for 1099 ..??? Is there something fishy ..?
Welcome to Reliance Communications

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no.just that reliance usually block all major file sharing & torrent sites for a few days whenever one of their film is going to be released(reliance entertainment).if it is available in your area go for it but make sure before paying advance that they have empty/available slot/port at their local exchange because marketing guys(who sell plan) & technical guys(who install plan/equipment) have very little communication among them.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Wow. Reliance has done an amazing job. Now everybody can enjoy 1mbps internet.. I can resist myself, 4mbps for 1099 is too good.

OP
C

Chirag_123

Broken In
Wow. Reliance has done an amazing job. Now everybody can enjoy 1mbps internet.. I can resist myself, 4mbps for 1099 is too good.

Yeh..! These plans r gr8 if dey provide promised speed which i think dey usually do..! 699 rs for unlimited 2 mbps for a month..? :)))) I read a thread in these forums in which ppl wanted a 2mbps truly unlimited connec for 1000 bucks .. i guess its here with much cheaper price..!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
How about Reliance Thunder 699 BroadBand postpaid Plan?
Is there any FUP involved?
How much reliable is it compared to BSNL?

Do I have to register a phone line(Mandatory with Phone number) if I register for Broadband Plan Thunder 699 or can I apply without any Reliance Telephone Registration?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
only requirement for reliance broadband is they should have lines/service in your area & free port at their local exchange.rest all is just technicalities(which plan,free calls etc).check the link in 1st post to know FUP.

OP
C

Chirag_123

Broken In
How about Reliance Thunder 699 BroadBand postpaid Plan?
Is there any FUP involved?
How much reliable is it compared to BSNL?

Do I have to register a phone line(Mandatory with Phone number) if I register for Broadband Plan Thunder 699 or can I apply without any Reliance Telephone Registration?

There is no fup in any of d thunder 549,699 and 1099 plan.Getting a phone line wid d broadband connection is optional.

Last edited:
There is no fup in any of d thunder 549,699 and 1099 plan.Getting a phone line wid d broadband connection is optional.

Can i have internet connection without having their phone line ,i mean i have bsnl landline and i dont need another landline phone ??BTW those plans are REALLYYY REALLYYY AWESOME!!!!

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Can i have internet connection without having their phone line ,i mean i have bsnl landline and i dont need another landline phone ??BTW those plans are REALLYYY REALLYYY AWESOME!!!!

Yes, you can have Reliance Broadband connection without taking Reliance phone. You just need to pay the installation charge 500-600rs and your connection will be on.

OP
C

Chirag_123

Broken In

You dont need a fixed line.You just have to pay dem Rs 600 as installation charges + One month advance rental of whichever plan you choose.

kg11sgbg

^^ If I don't need a fixed line then how to connect with Reliance Broadband,using my ADSL2+ DSL-2520U Modem/Router from D-Link?
Reliance lines and service are available in our area...

Hrishi

I don't trust Reliance. My neighbor had it for few days, but he got fed up with extreme downtime.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
reliance uses a different type of adsl so normal adsl modem+router will either not work or will work simply as router & you have to login into reliance portal from pc to use net,no automatic dialing by router.

Last edited:

techfreek

Broken In
I used Reliance broadband for a month at Hyderabad, I did not have a single minute of Downtime. But Singham Spoil the Show, Torrents sites were blocked when i used just for that month.

kg11sgbg

it is obvious that to use a wired broadband you need a wire!why are you people even asking such questions?if it is wired broadband you need a wire coming to your house(cable or telephone line or lan wire).btw reliance uses a different type of adsl so normal adsl modem+router will either not work or will work simply as router & you have to login into reliance portal from pc to use net,no automatic dialing by router.

Expert friend,@whitestar_999,I am using BSNL BB for the past 5 yrs. and is under the ULD 900 Plan for the past 1.6 yrs or so.It is well known fact,for a noob like me,that we have to use wires to access BroadBand network.I MYSELF PREFER WIRED(WIRELINE) BB NETWORK WHEN USING A DESKTOP PC.
Please,mark it friend, I am not satirical nor harsh on any comments,since I've learned much about network issues and other generic hardware related issues(on the extent of solving the issues also...)from you.

I was a bit perplexed about @Chirag_123's comment ,where he said :
You dont need a fixed line.You just have to pay dem Rs 600 as installation....
What did he mean by not needing a fixed line?
My reply was a query to that.

Even If I want to have Reliance BroadBand Network such as "Thunder 699 Plan" I shall always opt for a wired network instead of wireless.

OP
C

Chirag_123

Broken In
Expert friend,@whitestar_999,I am using BSNL BB for the past 5 yrs. and is under the ULD 900 Plan for the past 1.6 yrs or so.It is well known fact,for a noob like me,that we have to use wires to access BroadBand network.I MYSELF PREFER WIRED(WIRELINE) BB NETWORK WHEN USING A DESKTOP PC.
Please,mark it friend, I am not satirical nor harsh on any comments,since I've learned much about network issues and other generic hardware related issues(on the extent of solving the issues also...)from you.

I was a bit perplexed about @Chirag_123's comment ,where he said :

What did he mean by not needing a fixed line?
My reply was a query to that.

Even If I want to have Reliance BroadBand Network such as "Thunder 699 Plan" I shall always opt for a wired network instead of wireless.

M just saying that you dont need a fixed line that doesn't means that you wont need wires to connect to the internet.A fixed line is only compulsory if you opt for combo plans.You will have to login to their website after your session expires which is of 24 hours.If your 24 hour session is over you will have to login again to acess internet.

kg11sgbg

@kg11sgbg,my mistake.i didn't considered chirag_123 post while posting that.edited my earlier post to correct this.
^^Thank you Friend,Please never mind for anything,perhaps you might have missed chirag's comment earlier.Well,everything is O.K.

M just saying that you dont need a fixed line that doesn't means that you wont need wires to connect to the internet.A fixed line is only compulsory if you opt for combo plans.You will have to login to their website after your session expires which is of 24 hours.If your 24 hour session is over you will have to login again to acess internet.
Thanks,Friend @Chirag_123.I got it clear by now.

But If I opt for Thunder 699 (POSTPAID) Plan from Reliance,certainly I don't have to login everytime for any such "expiry" of "session"?
Actually no idea about Reliance Broadband Network Service.

aditya24dec

Right off the assembly line
is there any 50 meter boundation for new connection

Hello,

i applied for a new wireline broadband connection of reliance for my home.....and it takes so much efforts from my side to conatct with reliance broadband service providers ..when ever i call them they said in next 48 ours man will come to your home..but no one come ....after the so many efforts finally a man came and see the connection availbilty ..he said there is no problem in getting a new connection he show me some plans and i selected the 549 nite zoom plan..he said to make advance payment by check ..so i gave him a check of 1150 (549 rental and 599 installation charge)..he told me that in 7 days all equipments will install..
but no one came in those 7 days so i call that person who came to my home..he said my application form is rejected becoz my home distance is more than 50 meters form the main line or whatever they call that box...
i never ever heard about this condition in any ips provider...not even in the rcom site.nor in web..
i need reliance broadband i m so despret to get it is there any way to get it.......i ask that person is there any way to solve this prob he said no..i told him that i m ready to pay for the extra wire ..but no one respond..
plz help is there really a condition of 50 meters in rcom..
Or they making me fool.

PLz .......

Top Bottom