new pc help

Piyush

Lanaya
I am really confused, on the processors. my friend said that i should buy a AMD phenom X6, that will do my job, and it is cheap. And I want to know if new proc's are coming than how will they effect the current market and how much the price can dip.
get x6 and OC it
it will run like hell
also you'll get more options regarding motherboards

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
AMD 1090T is easier to do on stock HSF!

get x6 and OC it
it will run like hell
also you'll get more options regarding motherboards

actually both of you are not fully correct. 1090T runs at 3.2Ghz. so present very little OC potential using that tiny stock heatsink. say 300-400Mhz. and its done. so do i7 930.

also once i7 930 OC'd (using OEM HSF), it'll kick 1090T out of water, even if it OCd to 4Ghz. cause Nahalem architecturally advanced. now something to note about 1090T: but the difference in performance between the 2 processors isn't ground breaking. its like comparing i7 930 to i7 965 Extreme Edition (stock speed). so one can go with 1090T. also it offers 2 things, i7 930 got absolutely no answers.

1. an unlocked multiplier.
2. can be used on a 2.5k motherboard (AM3 + DDR3). its competitor needs 10k+ priced motherboard. a straight forward price advantage.

OP
H

hdknitro

bringing the world down
So alltogether, we can settle on the fact that both the procs have their pros and cons. But what will u suggest for gaming purposes, keeping in mind that I have only a 9800gtx (512) and I am not changing it.

One more thing, which will be good PSU of around 800W. I think that is enough.
options:-
* Cooler Master real power 850
* Cooler Master 750GX
* Corsair TX750

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
sam
did u read ob fudzilla lately, a 1090T was oc'ed to 6.8 ghz with LN2.

where do these guys get it and how much does it cost?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
If u guys read this months fastrack the digit guys have overclocked i7 920 from its stock speed of 2.67ghz to 4.01ghz at STOCK HSF. sam is right nehalem is more advanced in oc.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sam
did u read ob fudzilla lately, a 1090T was oc'ed to 6.8 ghz with LN2.

where do these guys get it and how much does it cost?

yup. i know. but will OP build a LN2 condensator next to his PC to constantly supply liquid nitrogen? :grin:

If u guys read this months fastrack the digit guys have overclocked i7 920 from its stock speed of 2.67ghz to 4.01ghz at STOCK HSF. sam is right nehalem is more advanced in oc.

they must have used some high quality TIM. and moreover they do these OC in open tables. not closed cabinets. add to it, they got 1-2-3 ACs making temperature constant at 24-17degree. all these factors add up in a huge way.

in short, i7 930 or X6 1090T. both OC same if circumstances are same. things comes down to X6 is dual channel, can use cheap motherboard, Black Edition (matters nothing to me).

mavihs

Techie By Heart
first on all was it stable? my friend & me have OCed 1090T to 4.4GHz on stock(not stable).

Piyush

Lanaya
So alltogether, we can settle on the fact that both the procs have their pros and cons. But what will u suggest for gaming purposes, keeping in mind that I have only a 9800gtx (512) and I am not changing it.

One more thing, which will be good PSU of around 800W. I think that is enough.
options:-
* Cooler Master real power 850
* Cooler Master 750GX
* Corsair TX750
i wud recommend x6
and keeping in mind that u'll SLI ur 9800,CM GX750W is more than enough

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i wud recommend x6
and keeping in mind that u'll SLI ur 9800,CM GX750W is more than enough

SLI of 9800GTX is total waste now. DX10 only. better sell it off & get a HD5850. much better. you'll loose a few FPS but will get less heat, noise. and yes 1 single card to worry about. also DX11 as a bonus.

OP
H

hdknitro

bringing the world down
well guys, I think the money is taking it's toll, i have to cut on the motherboard. So I would be going X6 but I want a USB 3 board. And I was looking to go for 1055. Is it good. Or should I stick with 1090.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
is he in hurry ? if not i7 930 is being replaced by i7 950 in august( what a drop :D)
i think then he can get i7 mobo cpu and ram in an arnd 30k. would be really good.

and yes i would say lets wait for gtx 460 to launch on 12 july , if it isnt as crap as 465 he could really go in for it. that is if he doesnt need 5850.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i doubt GTX460 will have a big impact on the Radeon filled market. do read this. it says lot why GF100 isn't a hit & the derivatives a BIG BIG flops.

Top Bottom