Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@Souro_Ray its ok buddy.We are there to help each others
@Fatalcore-If you want to go for HD 6970 2GB go with MSI.Or if you want go for within Rs 15k don't buy HD6950 go for MSI GTX560Ti HAWK 7@Rs 14.7k from MD computers.Its cooler and good performer.

justify it!!

@fatalcore
are u not getting 3d setup?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Then if you don't want to fight its ok to discuss with you.So tell me above config needs some improment or not?

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Then if you don't want to fight its ok to discuss with you.So tell me above config needs some improment or not?

ok see.

first this review -

Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator : Triple-GPU Scaling: AMD CrossFire Vs. Nvidia SLI
in A vs P you see in full hd both 2 way setups equal.
(and do consider aa while seeing reviews.)

in crysis 570 setup leads. in F1 both equal. in just cause 2 6950 setup leads. in stalker almost same situation.

you see this is beauty of crossfire this season.

actually even there are hardocp reviews but they cater to 3 monitor setup.
so i didnt mention them.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hawk is a great card and brings tremendous value over a stock 6950 anyday. With the advent of newer drivers, sli scaling is also almost twice now and as good as amd.

In general, 6950 gpu core is a tad faster than 560-ti core. So the 560-ti needs to run at faster clocks to catch up to a 6950. Although at fullhd, there's no difference.
Msi 560-ti hawk is a heavily overclocked card and has a fantastic cooler. This is why its recommended over a reference 6950. But its match is a 6950 Twin frozr III and will beat the
hawk anyday and will run cooler too despite being overclocked.

Only in multigpu setups, 560-ti will lose to a 6950cf because of its extra framebuffer and in higher resolutions, the difference will be more. Hawk sli will bridge the gap a bit but won't beat a 6950cf even at stock. Talking about the 2gb here strictly.

But the 560-ti sli will allow you to play physx games like batman arkham city to be released this october.

@op

Consider a single 6970 now. Go for msi 6970 lightning and you'll be covered with all your needs. Buy from india as you won't get warranty if buying from abroad.

Cilus

laborare est orare
@Fatalcore, since you are from Kolkata, you will get graphics cards, mainly Sapphire ones in far cheaper price than other parts. The Sapphire HD 6950 2 GB is available @ 14.5K in M.D. Computers. It can be unlocked to a HD 6970 by just a simple BIOS mod.
If you want to get a HD6970, then look for the Sapphire one, available within 20K.
But the best choice is MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr III edition @ 15.8K. The reasons are:-
1. Custom PCB design. It handles over-voltage and overclocking much efficiently.

2. The Twin Frozr III Cooler. HD 6950 reference has a little heating issue but the MSI cooler actually taken care of that issue very effectively.

3. FActory overclocked. It has very high factory overclocking and performs very close to a HD 6970 or GTX 570 stock just out of the box.

4. Because of the cooler you can overclock it further.

5. Unlocking. It can be unlocked to a HD 6970 by the BIOS mod.

D

Deleted member 118788

^^Cilus Correct Your Words 6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC cannot be unclocked.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think unlocking is a bit of hit or miss affair and it cannot be a ground enough for a recommendation. 6950 is a great card in its own right. At full HD all the current games can be run at highest settings with fair bit of AA. Frankly speaking I would prefer extra framebuffer in my card at a similar price point. That Sapphire card is unbeatable value @ 14.5k. And for a single card config, temps are not a problem at all.

But yes, if you have the money, the MSI 6950 TFIII is an awesome card in all aspects - performance, temps, OC - everything.

Top Bottom