New line of SE phones is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This just in....a bad news though -

The developement cycle of K750i & W800i is complete. Now SE will no longer make a firmware update for these phones, unless it seriously related to hardware, like battery drain while using some feature etc.

Oh well.....this was bound to happen. K810i is more like a software update over K800i anyway, while W610i is the replacement of W810i

rajasekharan

Youngling
i am in love with my 750 :). . my previous was k700i. . before that t610 before that a motorola c series . . i have used a nokia for a week , couldnt adjust . so moved to sony :) since then its all sony for me :).

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
K750i here too buddy, i use 98% of the features it has. Camera, Mobile, SMS, MP3 player, Calender, organiser, Tasks & notes are something i extensively use. Just started using it's mail client for Yahoo Mail, then G Mail, then WLM.....really there is nothing i miss in it, other then taking videos at 320X240 & playing videos of same resolution

double post...delete one of them, & check out K790i for 18k

rajasekharan

Youngling
double post ?? are you talking to me ??? i cant delete . . all my double post is cause i write them from my k750i using opera :-(. it does not allow to edit the post :-(:-(. i think you know that :).

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
So we can expect Serious Fall in SE Phone Price in coming Days! Krazy just visit Alpha I guess that dealers in alpha already reduced the price?

Krazy don't forget to update price.

K

krazyfrog

^^ @Stick. I'll try and go as soon as possible. Actually my exams are near so i can't go out. I've to study (since i didn't the whole year:D ).
Btw i still don't see W880i on the indian SE website.

kunwar

In the zone
Stick said:
So we can expect Serious Fall in SE Phone Price in coming Days! Krazy just visit Alpha I guess that dealers in alpha already reduced the price?

Krazy don't forget to update price.

Ya,
I am waiting 4 price cut
see, even Nokia has reduced the price of its N-Series
N-73 having 3.2 MP now costs just 19.5k

But, i kept visiting my local mobile ki dukaan wala 4 any price cut of SE K790i
but its price NEVER decreased !
It always costed Rs 18,000

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
kunwar said:
But, i kept visiting my local mobile ki dukaan wala 4 any price cut of SE K790i but its price NEVER decreased ! It always costed Rs 18,000

.... left his shop and move around other shop which till today you didn't visit and I'm sure he (other dealer) will give you lowest quote;)

Last edited:

Sykora

I see right through you.
gsmarena said:
The keys are small and at first they seem really hard to use for a person with large fingers. However it turned out that they pose no problem at all. They provide a positive feedback and the keypad can easily be used at night without even looking at the keys. Thanks to their protruding design but soft response it's a real pleasure to type messages.

They don't seem to think so.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
shortcoming of W880i which i found

1) No FM, well this hardly matters to me though

2) No video recording at 320X240, what the HELL is SE doing....yo support it, all the CPU power is wasted, K750i has about 185 MHz cpu, enough for such recording at 320x240 mp4

3) Small keypad, it might not be a problem, so better use it first.

K810i looks juicy, although it doesn't have the walkman brand & color scheme, but who needs it anyway.we care for the work at low price :D, it has 320X240 resolution screen, but don't know about video recording resolution.

Personally, if it supports Video recording at 320X240 or 352X288 then i will replace my K750i with it soon, if not then there is no use upgrading from K750i

@haigautam

waiting cycle never ends, u do one thing, go to GSM Arena & compare K790i & K810i, see if there is any difference which matters to you, i don't there is any, if u like go for K790i

Pathik

Google Bot
yeah gautam.. As gx said .. Waiting cycle ll never end.. After k810i u ll wait 4 k830i the k850i.. :p

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Although K810i is not out yet, i compared it on GSM arena with K790i

The main difference in which K810i excels over K790i are

1) New Design, well...this is subjective & every next phone looks sleeker then the previous

2) K810i has 128 MB Memory stick M2 included, K790i comes without any card. In both cases, depending on your needs you will buy a higher capasity card. M2 goes upto a max of 1GB which is enough for a mobile phone with about 12 hrs of music

3) K810i has 3G but no Edge, while K790i has EDGE but no 3G, well...hardly matters cos 3G is not available in India but EDGE is, i find K790i a better choice here

Everything else is same

As you can see, there are differences, but they hardly matter. Go for K790i, if u prefer cos i find no reason waiting for K810i right now in indian market & usage

K

krazyfrog

Well there is a K818i which is similar to K810i which does not have 3G but has EDGE which SE will bring to countries with no 3G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom