New line of SE phones is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I was visiting the Sony Ericsson website today for some content, & saw the new phones which are not in the "Coming soon" catagory, have to say, SE is finally learning something & bringing efficieny & features to the masses. presenting a long post :D

Sony Ericsson K550i

*www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgd/GPD_43850_1515_0_4000.png

littrally the next blockbuster phone, a solid replacement for K750i at low cost. It has 2 MP Camera, same a K750i, Memory stick M2 support, bluetooth 2.0+EDR & a look to die for, really small at 85 gm only. Screen resolution is again same as K750i at 176X220

Sony Ericsson K810i

*www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgd/GPD_43768_1515_0_4000.png

The next big thing in Cybershot cams, with 3.2 MP Cam with Xenon flash & red eye reduction, 3G & Push mail, with rumered Video recording at 320X240 & playback of same, RSS integrated, this can very well be the big thing in phones. Screen resolution is supposed to be 320X240

K220i

*www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgd/GPD_43613_1515_0_4000.png

For those who want a cheap phone for taking casual pics & who want to use the phone as a phone, this is littrally the best thing out there. It has features like Cam, so if u like u can use it, & it doesn't even cost a lot, but got 2 MB memory only, again, good enough for casual users of camera, but serious users of phone features. It lacks bluetooth though

J120i

*www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgd/GPD_43660_1515_0_4000.png

The no frills, "phone only" phone. Does what it is meant to do.

W880i

*www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgd/GPD_43380_1515_0_4000.png

The whole grail of entertainment on the go, all I can say "F***, what a phone :p"

Just 71 gm & 9.4mm thick, slimest entertainment device out there i would say. With a 320X240 pixel resolution & 256K colors, playing videos will be a solid experience. Internet is provided by GPRS & 3G. Other features include Push E-Mail, Video streaming. I guess it might have video recording at resolution higher then standerd 176x144. Memory card is again M2 which goes upto 1 GB

See the W880i

Now, i can't stop imagening & drooling on the K810i, might buy it if it supports video recording at 320X240, cos other then that no other feature is worth buying over K750i other then the 3.2 MP Camera which atleast I don't miss right now

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
i forgot to mention. the new K Series & W series phones are the first ones with Image stablizer technology, which reduces the blur due to shaking hands. This is quite a needed technology in Phone cams

Ya but there is one thing, SE, Nokia & rest should increse the quality of existing camera insted of just incresing the Megapixel. I mean, a 2mp pics takes like 3 seconds to save in my phone, on K790i it takes even more, so insted of pushing more MP, why not refine the existing quality of 2MP or 3.2 MP camera, like incresing the shutter speed or redusing the noise generation

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
They are not yet out. Like I said, they are in the "Coming soon" catagory of SE India website

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I forgot to mention W610i

*www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgd/GPD_43819_1515_0_4000.png

This looks more like a replacement of W700i, i don't like the keypad personally, buttons are too thin, why can't SE go back to T610 keypad

The features are not much difference from W880i, the resolution is same as K750i & I hope they fix the streatching problem of videos

The low end SE phones are going to rock the market for sure, the sub 5K market. I hope atleast now relience can give some SE phones

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
gx_saurav said:
i don't like the keypad personally, buttons are too thin, why can't SE go back to T610 keypad

i second that!!!! my mom still uses that phone.. and its so responsive and comfortable... my family uses z550i, t610, k700i and my w700i.. and the t610's keypad is the most comfortable... t610 is a beauty.... i still find no phone as gorgeous as that!!!

K

krazyfrog

Saw them when i checked SE website early today, but i didn't see W880i there.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
P.S. - Who wants Sony Ericsson exclusive valentines day contents :D

thanx for the rep tech geek

rajasekharan

Youngling
my k750i is going more than a year now . . :) bought it on the fourth day of release in india :). i am still waiting for a better one from sony :). sony rocks :) :) :). thanks for the new ones .

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This just in...

GSMArena has done a review of SE W880i, more like a preview. The full specs can be found here

Now, everything about this new walkman phone is cool, except for the keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom