New line of SE phones is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunwar

In the zone
they r NOT YET available in our stores in India
Why did u forget that those r Just Launched !

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
kunwar said:
they r NOT YET available in our stores in India
Why did u forget that those r Just Launched !

They are not even relesed, & speaking of upgrading, first check weather you need the new features. Other then K550i, none of the other phones are worth buying over the existing. K550i is for the first time buyer now, balenced yet cheap & stylish

Note : Just found out, W880i support playforsure & WMA, along with previous support of MP3 & AAC/M4A, so now it has all the format support out there other then real player.

Oh well.....i guess real should understand & start the support for m4a

K

krazyfrog

^^ It still doesn't support ogg. Neither does any other phone.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
how many uses ogg anyway? besides....the most used format out there is mp3, & hardly any music shop sales music in ogg format

K

krazyfrog

The second most used format is OGG. Hardly anyone uses AAC and all its variants. Same goes for WMA.

Pathik

Google Bot
OGG is a widely used format now... it has a greater sound quality to size ratio than mp3 wich is the most popular... most of the ppl i know use ogg now...

K

krazyfrog

And OGG is just as good or better than the much touted AAC and its variants like eAAC, eAAC+, etc. The only thing is that AAC has strong backup of big companies like Apple and Nokia, while Microsoft pushes its WMA. Although in reality most people prefer to use MP3 and OGG.

B

brutality9k

Stick said:
what is OGG, which phone supports it?

OGG is a music format just like mp3 or m4a or aac or WMA. Right now, symbian phones are the ones supporting it.

Just found this. GSMArena has done a review of K550i , which is more or less, the next K750i (due to cost).

You can read a comparision of K550i & K750i from GSM Arena

As you can see, K550i is more or less, K750i with new features. Infact it's better then K750i at almost same cost, as SE is relesing K550i in the mid range segment. The features at which the K550i excels on K750i are

1) EDGE
2) HSCSD
3) TrackID music recognition, although you will hardly need it
4) Picture blogging, might need it
5) Image stabliser, a really good feature for mobile phones
6) 64 MB internal Memory with 512 MB memory Stick M2 card included

Resolution is same for both the phones, & it supports video recording at 176X144 QCIF resolution. If you are in the market now, to buy a new phone, consider buying a K550i over a K750i. if you already have a K750i, don't bother upgrading, you already have an extremely balenced phone

Last edited by a moderator:

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
gx_saurav said:
shortcoming of W880i which i found

1) No FM, well this hardly matters to me though

2) No video recording at 320X240, what the HELL is SE doing....yo support it, all the CPU power is wasted, K750i has about 185 MHz cpu, enough for such recording at 320x240 mp4

3) Small keypad, it might not be a problem, so better use it first.

K810i looks juicy, although it doesn't have the walkman brand & color scheme, but who needs it anyway.we care for the work at low price :D, it has 320X240 resolution screen, but don't know about video recording resolution.

Personally, if it supports Video recording at 320X240 or 352X288 then i will replace my K750i with it soon, if not then there is no use upgrading from K750i

@haigautam

waiting cycle never ends, u do one thing, go to GSM Arena & compare K790i & K810i, see if there is any difference which matters to you, i don't there is any, if u like go for K790i

When K550 avail in India and at what price? as it is launched in US Market. I think there is no difference between K550i and K750i?

K550i surely have upper hand with No Joystick and with HSCSD and EDGE

If there is other difference than those between those 2 phones please explain?

Thanks

B

brutality9k

stick said:
When K550 avail in India and at what price?
No idea
I think there is no difference between K550i and K750i?

If there is other difference than those between those 2 phones please explain?
There are a few, you can read the comparision here. These are the only difference that I can find right now. The K550i has a TFD Screen, which is as bright as TFT of K750i but consumes less battery. Unless we get to use it in out hands we cannot say which is better in usability, but so far, K550i is better then K750i in hardware & software.

Note: K550i doesn't support Megabass

subratabera said:
Its a 3 year old Mitsubishi Trium...:p :(

Ok, then do get the K550i, EDGE is getting cheaper now, & is obviously better then GPRS. 3G doesn't matters here in india yet, it all depends on TRAI

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
brutality9k said:
Note: K550i doesn't support Megabass

Actually it doesn't make any difference if u are buying now. the megabass of newer k750i is crippled and it is no better than the usual equiliser bass preset. so it shoulnd't be a deciding factor!

B

brutality9k

damn u sony :D, now they are really different from the walkman phons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom