New iPad

SUKHI99

never forgot your roots!
Hi! I wanna ask you people before seeking my new iPad from USA. That is it UnlocKAble to use in India? I'm in confusion that if i take it from usa(coz cheap there than India :)), will be able to get it unlocked to use here in my Country?
If yes, plz tell me all the pros and cons after that i.e., warranty support etc.
and Yes, is there any jail breaking/unlocking method? plz guide.
Thanks..

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
You will not get a warranty on Ipad bought from US. I am not sure if they have that 3yr extended warranty purchasable for Ipad... in that case it is covered.

Unlocking am not sure as mine one is non-3g and it works fine for me with WIFI.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The iPad has international warranty AFAIK

But I have read in few website that if you get the iPad from US then the 4g feature may not necessarily work.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Ipad comes with International warranty, however am not sure if the extended warranty is applicable internationally?

Why not buy an unlocked Ipad instead of saving a few dollars and hunting unlockers!?, worst your Ipad gets locked again with a FW update.

^4G is network dependant

Just a random listing I found for an unlocked Ipad 3 - BRAND NEW Apple iPad 3rd Generation 16GB, Wi-Fi + 4G (Unlocked), 9.7in - White  | eBay

aroraanant

Explorer
I hope you know that there are 2 ipad models, one is only wifi and the other one is with wifi and 4G, so the only wifi models comes unlocked only.
And in US mostly they sell locked ipads, but you can also get factory unlocked ipad at some places.For that you can ask at apple store only, ask them you can get one from there only, if not then from where can you can get it.
And ipad comes with international warranty and the hence the warranty can be extended in any part of the world.

Rather getting from there you can even get it from ebay and use a coupon like ebay issues 10% coupon generally with the help of which you can get it to an equivalent price which you will get it in US.

OP
S

SUKHI99

never forgot your roots!
Ipad comes with International warranty, however am not sure if the extended warranty is applicable internationally?

Why not buy an unlocked Ipad instead of saving a few dollars and hunting unlockers!?, worst your Ipad gets locked again with a FW update.

^4G is network dependant

Just a random listing I found for an unlocked Ipad 3 - BRAND NEW Apple iPad 3rd Generation 16GB, Wi-Fi + 4G (Unlocked), 9.7in - White* | eBay

if i buy from ebay.com which is US site. will they ship me the product? b'coz usually i buy from ebay.in. on Indian ebay site i can't find this model..

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
if i buy from ebay.com which is US site. will they ship me the product? b'coz usually i buy from ebay.in. on Indian ebay site i can't find this model..

Many sellers ship it worldwide, but remember you pay extra for shipping and customs duty, its better to ask someone coming from USA to tag it along, saves on shipping as well as customs hassles.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Many sellers ship it worldwide, but remember you pay extra for shipping and customs duty, its better to ask someone coming from USA to tag it along, saves on shipping as well as customs hassles.
This is the most logical option.
Else Get one from India instead of Paying Hefty Shipping Charges And other levies.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
the iPad has international warranty
but Apple does not offer international warranty in India
iPads are not locked to the network provider

andro

Broken In
Wi-fi ipad have international warranty,3G/4G dosen't offer any kind of warranty.
A friend learned the hard way on his 3G ipad-2 sourced from US.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
There are tons of options. Second hand, refurbed, ppl from phoren getting it. It will woik, ofc. Ask for a couple of gift cards they'll come in handy.

mohsin20

Broken In
it is covered under international warranty.

alfa is selling ipad 3 wifi+4g/3g 64gb for 49500. some bloke on quikr mumbai is selling for 48k and when i bargained he gave me final offer 47500 and thats a good deal.

Last edited:

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
it is covered under international warranty.

alfa is selling ipad 3 wifi+4g/3g 64gb for 49500. some bloke on quikr mumbai is selling for 48k and when i bargained he gave me final offer 47500 and thats a good deal.

And what warranty did you get?
International warranty or broke, err I mean bloke warranty?

Top Bottom