New Cabinet Required.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Looking at the options the Carbide 500R is almost a no brainer's choice.

I think I need to do something myself to improve its Looks somehow.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
wow dude when you have a cabby like 500R in front of you and you want to go for any other cabinet because of it looks then i will call it a no brainer's choice.500R is not that ugly as you are saying,wow wait a minute, it is not at all ugly it has an official simple look rather than looking like an alien head.(no offence).only thing missing is a side panel window to show your awesome cable management which even a noob can do with this case.i have told you how to add a window so do it and be happy.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Re read the statement.... I am saying that considering the options 500R has no competition. So Considering it for buy.

And nothing to show off...I already got a Modular PSU hence there wont be any cables....I just enjoy looking inside once in a while.

Its not "Ugly" but a bit too much professional look :)

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
From Flipkart - 6.9k inclusive of shipping.

Primeabgb is offering at 6.5k but another Rs. 650 for Transport + Rs 180 for Card charges :mad:

sukesh1090

Adam young
oops sorry got it now.i guess you should not have added that apostrophe s.go ahead buy it and post some nice pics.btw which one you are buying white or black?

dfcols71

In the zone
what wrong with the phantom 410 in cooling it one of the best even anandtech attests to that fact, plastic or not 2 usb2 plus 2usb3 beats corsair only problem i can think of if your going with a greater than 11 inch graphics card you may have to remove internal hard disk bay between the same problem also applies to corsair

sukesh1090

Adam young
what wrong with the phantom 410 in cooling it one of the best even anandtech attests to that fact, plastic or not 2 usb2 plus 2usb3 beats corsair only problem i can think of if your going with a greater than 11 inch graphics card you may have to remove internal hard disk bay between the same problem also applies to corsair

if i am right 500R can accommodate a gfx card up to 12 inch without removing the HDD cage.i have seen a review in which he added the longest gfx card available in the market (5990 or 6990 don't remember it) and there was still 2 cm space between gfx card and HDD cage.and no one complained about 410 just telling 500R looks a bit better than 410 in the matter of features and looks it is personal preference.

One of the worst case in respect to design.

and some people liked it because of its military grade look.for me its a plain looking case.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
@ Skud. I will check it out.

@harshatiyya : Unacceptable looks for my taste.

@The Sorcerer : Thats also a good option but 500R had the 200mm side fan with Fan Controller so tilted towards that.

@ Sukesh: You are right. 500R can contain a HD6990 without removing anything. Saw it on Linus Tech Tips.

Will See Skuds suggestion now. Buying on 22nd or 23 rd.

dfcols71

In the zone
you may have a look at these benchmarks
AnandTech - NZXT Phantom 410: The Boutique Favorite Goes On a Diet
and decide

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
buddy it is just a matter of adding 1 or 2 fans more.thats it.they tested it with default fans so when you add extra fans to your cabby they will perform almost same.500R have 3 intakes but only 1 exhaust at rear so it needs an exhaust at the top and you will see considerable amount of drop in temp.in case of 410 it already has 2 intakes and 2 exhaust so it is balanced and so it is having less temp.don't take these benches in to consideration when you have a plenty options to add fans to your case because the temp will change when you add fans.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Silver Stone: Without a doubt the Best Looking Case but all the access points are on Top also only 4 fans max with top one hardwired to Fan Controller hence if I need to replace then Controller is useless. Also didn't find any space in it for a Future Water Cool Solution if I opt for one. - DROPPED.

NZXT Phantom : Decent Looks, Great Fans and Fan Controller but again Top Mounted access points. Also in the AnandTech reviews it had negative points compared to 500R for Cable management options and small Motherboard mounting holes thus making pain to fit parts.

NZXT Tempest EVO: Online review shows that it has no fan controller and with 4-6 fans running it gets loud.

500R: Not among the best looking. Great Build and internal features. Can fit 10 Fans :D, Can fit a H100 if opted in future. Has Fan Controller but no Transparent Side Window. Front Access Points are as per my need. Practically no negative comment in any review. So Going for this one.
(If only this one came with the 410 or Silverstone Side Panel :()

And thanks for the Input Guys. I will put the Pics of Unboxing & Assembly of the New HX 750 & Carbide 500R along with Old 335+VX450 Ones as Earlier and Later kinda thingy.

EDIT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad news for me....

Read this

500R Proprietary fan controller - The Corsair Support Forums

The Fan controller can only control fans that come with the Cabby and not any other Fan.

They have special connectors...This means the These fans can't be fitted to Motherboard directly. If Controller Dies then all the 4 Fans in the case are just dead weight.

Also If some Fan Dies then the new fan won't fit the Controller and I have to Hunt everywhere for it.... Heck even Cosair Case Fans Doesn't have the special Connector ****.

Disappointed in Cosair... :(

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have already purchased 500R or not?

Regarding Tempest EVO, you can always buy a separate fan controller if noise is an issue.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Not Bought....Was gonna buy on 22nd but thankfully stumbled upon the above thread :(

Yeah I am considering 2 Cabinets now 1 is EVO and other is 410 Elite.

Any Links for good fan controllers?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try if NZXT Sentry 2 is available. It's 2.8k at ebay, which I think is overpriced.

Top Bottom