New AMD Processors - ATHLON II coming!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
*www.techpowerup.com/93686/Fleets_of_New_AMD_Processors_Closing_in.html

*www.techpowerup.com/img/09-05-08/20a.jpg

*www.techpowerup.com/img/09-05-08/20b.jpg

So, a horde of new processors on the way.

45W Quad Core is shocking indeed.

I can't wait to get my hands on Athlon II Processors. Its awesome that AMD added the "II" to Athlon K10.5 CPUs.

Hey comp@ddict, I'm planning to make THIS as my choice of upgrade if I get the Quads for under 6K which they probably will come. What about you ? Time to discard "Original Intel" at last ? :twisted:

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Yes, cuz I can't buy a new PC until 1 and half months due to personal reasons.

So this might just be the ultimate choice. With a low price tag, obviously below any of the Phenom II's, this CPU might be a winner, becuz when games are played at 1920x1080, I've noticed that if you just have a 2.6GHz + Quad Core, the procc doesn't matter from there (except in games such a WIC, but who cares about 1 game right?).

Yes, cuz I can't buy a new PC until 1 and half months due to personal reasons.

So this might just be the ultimate choice. With a low price tag, obviously below any of the Phenom II's, this CPU might be a winner, becuz when games are played at 1920x1080, I've noticed that if you just have a 2.6GHz + Quad Core, the procc doesn't matter from there (except in games such a WIC, but who cares about 1 game right?).
Yeah. And even where performance differs, it changes a lot more by getting a better GPU than by getting a bettrer CPU.

I am thinking of something like this in a few months:

GPU:
HD4770 - hopefully it will be 6K by then. If RV800 is released, much better. If I get a 790GX, will CrossFireX on further price drop.

CPU:

AMD Athlon II X4 Energy Efficient Edition 45W CPU or a normal 65W CPU. Will hopefully find a good deal at 6K.

Motherboard:

I am hoping for the ultra cheap overclocking SB710/760G motherboard at 3K to hit India soon. Surely a month or two's wait is enough. OR will see if a cheap AM3 790GX board comes out. DDR3 support will be indeed great, but if not DDR3, DDR2 will do I guess.

RAM:

4GB DDR2 800MHz or 4GB DDR3 1066MHz or 1333MHz depending on price.

Cabinet/PSU:

Still to decide. Will select on the spot.

Monitor:

Samsung 1080p 21.5" TFT with DualDVI video interface and just 40W power consumption - much better than BenQ solution and also has higher contrast ratio.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Me thinking something like:-

Athlon II X4 6xx 65W(non B.E.)
GTX260
785G + SB710
4GB DDR2 CL4
DELL 21.5"

Me thinking something like:-

Athlon II X4 6xx 65W(non B.E.)
GTX260
785G + SB710
4GB DDR2 CL4
DELL 21.5"
well... some things similar here.

I too am considering GTX260 Core 16. But I have my eyes right now on a price drop from HD4770.

And how much moolah is Dell 21.5" worth ?

As for memory, Zion 2+2 DDR2 1066MHz RAM looks sweet.

Are you sure 785G will be out by the time Athlon II hits the shelves ? That too at a CHEAP price ? Because I only foresee price cuts on 790GX and 780G when 785G arrives. Nothing more.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

785G will havd HD4200, but more important is that it will comsume lesser power. My eyes on GTX260 only, as HD4870 falters in front of it especially with the new GeForce drivers, and Dell 21.5" is Rs. 10,500(shipping included).

785G will havd HD4200, but more important is that it will comsume lesser power. My eyes on GTX260 only, as HD4870 falters in front of it especially with the new GeForce drivers, and Dell 21.5" is Rs. 10,500(shipping included).
Ooooh! 785G looks great then.
Dell 21.5" sounds good, since I don't need to pay shipping charges, I am In bangalore, Dell's Indian base :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eager to see performance benchmark of Phenom II X2 550/545 & Athlon II X2 250.
BTW, Any idea about pricing ?

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

^^^I hope the Phenom II X2's can be unlocked to a full quad core, now that would be a done deal right!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom