Net Protector - Is this is a good Anti Virus ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
Is this is the software you are talking about?

Net Protector 2011 - Anti Virus, Anti Spyware, Internet Security, Virus Clean, India, Pune

If yes, then here's it WOT scorecard:-

netprotector.co.in | WOT Reputation Scorecard | WOT (Web of Trust)

Is it trustworthy? In any case you should have only one antivirus installed at a time. So if want to use Net protector then uninstall ESET Smart Security. It must have been installed during mobo drivers installation.

Well actually i bought the anti virus from md comp so i will probably install it. There shouldnt be anything fishy. idk. i got a cd so den der shouldnt be problems rite. :cool:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Hardware Price Check (Kolkata)

Having the CD doesn't really guarantee absence of problems. I don't have any idea about the software. Let someone else answer this.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ Cool Comps: But what really influence you to buy Net Protector? No offence, but there are Norton, Kaspersky, QuickHeal etc. easily available.

Why not use avast? Its the vest antivirus out there. And its free.

Yeah among free alternatives avast is really one of the best, if not the best. Also consider, Avira Antivir, Microsoft Security Essentials & Panda Cloud Antivirus. Although in my case I have quite a few problems with Panda.

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer

ok but i already paid 450 for net protector. I was looking for bitdefender but pradeepji said net protector is good. So now say is net protector a good anti virus?

i was looking for bitdefender but pradeepji said net protector is good and so i bought it :(

man seems as though problems and confusions just dont want to leave me... :hissyfit:

tkin

Back to school!!

ok but i already paid 450 for net protector. I was looking for bitdefender but pradeepji said net protector is good. So now say is net protector a good anti virus?

i was looking for bitdefender but pradeepji said net protector is good and so i bought it :(

man seems as though problems and confusions just dont want to leave me... :hissyfit:
Indian company? Probably not good, I for one know quickheal is crap.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

It happens sometimes. If you want a free Kaspersky Security Suite check these two links:-

1. Download and Activate Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 11 | Raymond.CC Blog

2. Permanently Change Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 11 from German to English Without License Error Problem | Raymond.CC Blog

This is a special computerbuild edition which you have to activate every 90 days with a fresh license key which you can generate freely in this link:-
COMPUTER BILD: Login

You can't get your money back, but this is a very good AV, actually one of the best.

Tenida

Gadget Freak

@coolcomp If you have purchase that antivirus you should first use it and then decide it good or bad.Dealer always try sell profit margin product.Now the best internet security as per my view is Norton Interner Security 2011.Kaspersky is totally crap antivirus for now.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

@coolcomp If you have purchase that antivirus you should first use it and then decide it good or bad.Dealer always try sell profit margin product.Now the best internet security as per my view is Norton Interner Security 2011.Kaspersky is totally crap antivirus for now.

I have the exact opposite experience. :)

vaibhav23

In the zone

On my p4 system it works quite fast since when I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.
Had used Norton on my p4.PC used to hang a lot with it but still norton offers great features too.

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies

Using Kaspersky Internet Security for the last 3 or 4 yrs. Never had any problem. The per head cost of the 3 user pack is very affordable :grin:

Tenida

Gadget Freak

I am using kis IS for about 4yrs without any problem but now faced a serious problem, kis virus database was deleted by some kind of virus.I tried to update it, it shows unable to download.I tried every steps like uninstalling and reinstall but no sucess.Then switch over Norton IS 2011 and believe me detected 18 virus.From then my system is absulately ok.

On my p4 system it works quite fast since when I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.
Had used Norton on my p4.PC used to hang a lot with it but still norton offers great features too.

Forget about those days of pc hanging.NIS IS 2011 is most fast and best internet security out there.First use the trial version and then decide about that.you check the riviews

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer

ok but i will install my antivirus(net protector) and check. At the worst it wont be good. It wont harm my computer or anything. So if it is not good, then ill uninstall and install a free antivirus or something. OK?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

It will harm your computer if it is one of those rogue antvirus.

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Virus will not harm your hardware parts and please don't panic.Ask Md computers to exchange it with kaspersky Internet security 2011

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer

then i will have to format and install again? thats it right?
hasnt any1 used net protector??

will it destroy my data or sumthing?

Tenida

Gadget Freak

then i will have to format and install again? thats it right?
hasnt any1 used net protector??

will it destroy my data or sumthing?

If you have any valid reason about that antivirus is bad then change it with KIS IS 2011.If you not used the KEY of your netprotecter antivirus then tell MD to change it asap.

If antivirus doest not able to detect the virus, then it can create risk to ur system.yes data can be deleted, even entire hard-disk can be formatted by virus without user desire.

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer

btw i havent used the key but i have opened the box so i dont think it will be changed. btw what if i dont have any virus? then how will i know if antivirus is good or not.

man daimit. i should have just bought bit defender from some other shop.

Tenida

Gadget Freak

btw i havent used the key but i have opened the box so i dont think it will be changed. btw what if i dont have any virus? then how will i know if antivirus is good or not.

man daimit. i should have just bought bit defender from some other shop.

First talk to MD about this.If not success, install it then see how its performing:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom