Nestle Maggi under fire from FDA

gemini90

Journeyman
Food inspectors order recall batch of Maggi noodles from shops across country over excess lead - The Times of India

+

?Maggi? under regulatory scanner for lead, MSG beyond permissible limit - The Times of India

Minion

Conversation Architect
Lead in Maggi come on man I don't think this is remotely possible. It seems to be a fake news since Maggi is popular among Indians.

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
I don't know about lead but maggi contains Monosodium glutamate which is a CHEAP taste enhancer and it destroys neurons.

amjath

Human Spambot
^It must be the same for all noodle products right?

I learnt kfc also uses the above material

Last edited:

Hrishi

I don't know about lead but maggi contains Monosodium glutamate which is a CHEAP taste enhancer and it destroys neurons.

wait...wut....? Neurons ?
I ain't gonna touch that maggi again. :wink:

PS : Maggi is what keeps us alive ( Bachelors and folks living outside their home who don't know how to cook.)

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
wait...wut....? Neurons ?
I ain't gonna touch that maggi again. :wink:

PS : Maggi is what keeps us alive ( Bachelors and folks living outside their home who don't know how to cook.)

Yep its an exitotoxin, it overexcites and then kill the neuron. MSG is also very bad for heart and what not.

MSG is everywhere you just can't get rid of it. It is there in more than 90% of packed food. They also hide it in the ingredients by using different names and not only that most of food we eat at restaurants also contains some quantities of MSG.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
not so in adults perhaps, and not one to show immediate symptoms like other such artificial additives and what not, MSG is said to have cumulative effects, and considered not very good for children. it also is alleged by some doctors to make children addicted to whatever foodstuff its overtreated with, in this case, maggi. obviously then consumption of whole foostuffs takes a backseat for them.
@Hrishi - an acquaintance long back had developed some rather severe constipation and irritation/issue in his intestinal tract (including what we call accumulation of 'aanv'), being overdependent on maggi. if staying without family, would be good to check some food-recipe articles/videos by (young) bodybuilders or/and strength athletes/weight trainees, esp. from India. they often have ideas and DIYs on quick-to-prepare and nutritious recipes. else, switch to top ramen (although still, consume only occasionally). :D

Last edited:

Hrishi

not so in adults perhaps, and not one to show immediate symptoms like other such artificial additives and what not, MSG is said to have cumulative effects, and considered not very good for children. it also is alleged by some doctors to make children addicted to whatever foodstuff its overtreated with, in this case, maggi. obviouly then consumption of whole foostuffs takes a backseat for them.
[MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] - an acquaintance long back had developed some rather severe constipation and irritation/issue in his intestinl tract (inluding what we call accumulation of 'aanv'), being overdependent on maggi. if staying without family, would be good to check some food-recipe articles/videos by (young) bodybuilders or/and strength athletes/weight trainees, esp. from India. they often have ideas and DIYs on quick-to-prepare and nutritious recipes. else, switch to top ramen (although still, consume only occasionally). :D

Yeah. I was just sort of kidding. I used to survive on maggi few years back, but after I recently developed chronic neck/upper back and health related problems , I started cooking my own food ( It tastes bad though. :p ).

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
hehe. practice will make you improve on that (either you'll begin making better food, or will get habituated to your cooking); but even then, self-made food, even if bad-tasting, feels really good, esp. if you're very hungry after some exercises/physical exhaustion. though won't be so tolerant in case its prepared by anyone else. :D

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
Yeah. I was just sort of kidding. I used to survive on maggi few years back, but after I recently developed chronic neck/upper back and health related problems , I started cooking my own food ( It tastes bad though. :p ).

If you wanted to know how to cook awesome food watch Vah Chef videos
*www.youtube.com/user/vahchef

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
2mins will cost your life

I have seen this MSG in maggi and its harmful effects in various online news long back
but no body took attention on it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
only the weak neurons

Good for natural selection.

- - - Updated - - -

2mins will cost your life

I have seen this MSG in maggi and its harmful effects in various online news long back
but no body took attention on it.

Maybe get your med facts not from news. News tend to sensationalize topics for viewership. We, as humans, like this stuff. And the more bullshit is fed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep its an exitotoxin, it overexcites and then kill the neuron. MSG is also very bad for heart and what not.

MSG is everywhere you just can't get rid of it. It is there in more than 90% of packed food. They also hide it in the ingredients by using different names and not only that most of food we eat at restaurants also contains some quantities of MSG.

lol...MSG is in the tomato too that you eat. Right now it's inside you, destroying your neurons.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
we have been eating Maggi since we were born and did anybody has Cancer due to Maggi ? I don't think so.

this is a good read on MSG
Monosodium glutamate (MSG) - Questions and Answers - Health Canada

Top 10 Reasons to avoid Maggi Noodles. - Lists10

Last edited:
Top Bottom