Nestle Maggi under fire from FDA

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
A friend of mine works as a second officer in cargo ships. Once, a ship was not permitted to unload frozen chicken meat at some middle eastern port. The meat had begun to rot after some issue with air conditioning. The shipping company made some calls and found a buyer in India. No points for guessing who. But I bet people loved Maggi's chicken items :p

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
we have been eating Maggi since we were born and did anybody has Cancer due to Maggi ? I don't think so.

this is a good read on MSG
Monosodium glutamate (MSG) - Questions and Answers - Health Canada

Top 10 Reasons to avoid Maggi Noodles. - Lists10

No one says that it will kill you, its just not good for health.

- - - Updated - - -

Good for natural selection.

lol...MSG is in the tomato too that you eat. Right now it's inside you, destroying your neurons.

MSG is tomato is natural and its industrially made for maggi which is different.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
MSG is tomato is natural and its industrially made for maggi which is different.

Blaming MSG for all maladies is where your argument gets no better.

How is industrially made different from naturally occurring ? Explain on that and you have some good points to back up.

I am more concerned about lead in maggi.

MSG is used at home too to enhance the flavor. Someone allergic to MSG will have extreme reactions just like peanut allergy.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Maggi is not a Nutritional food either also the Wax coating which prevents noodles from sticking together is not good.

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
Blaming MSG for all maladies is where your argument gets no better.

How is industrially made different from naturally occurring ? Explain on that and you have some good points to back up.

I am more concerned about lead in maggi.

MSG is used at home too to enhance the flavor. Someone allergic to MSG will have extreme reactions just like peanut allergy.

The industrial MSG is free glutamic acid which is different from the natural MSG. If someone is allergic to MSG then that person is allergic to proteins as MSG is created during hydrolysis of proteins and MSG is also absorbed directly in stomach.

Its more about the dosage if someone consumes Artificial MSG in very limited quantities then its OK but if is high then its not OK.
There is a simple recursion loop when you eat something with MSG as want to eat more of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Maggi is not a Nutritional food either also the Wax coating which prevents noodles from sticking together is not good.

They are creating noodle eating zombies. Almost everything is bad in Maggi. They are attracting people by using emotional ads in India.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
zombies eat brains. noodles destroy brains. so noodles are actually secret weapon against zombies.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Personally dislike maggi, I would rather have Sunfeast Yipee or even better pasta with my own sauce
Unlike Maggi, Yipee doesnt have tonnes of starch in it's masala.. If you boil just the masala of both maggi and yipee in two separate containers, you will see a layer of froth on the maggi but nothing on the yipee tastemaker..

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Personally dislike maggi, I would rather have Sunfeast Yipee or even better pasta with my own sauce
Unlike Maggi, Yipee doesnt have tonnes of starch in it's masala.. If you boil just the masala of both maggi and yipee in two separate containers, you will see a layer of froth on the maggi but nothing on the yipee tastemaker..

gotta try yipee! i have been eating top ramen occasionally for the quick noodle cravings since years now (having left maggi behind long back), but of late, its quality has gone down i feel, esp. the masala (very displeasing odour and taste! i put it, but in the garbage-bin). a far cry from TR's heydays, when it was considered rad. now i find sahara's quick-noodles quite good (i like my noodles with plenty of veggies, cumin, butter, and as less as possible of the bundled masala). will try yipee next. know anymore?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yeah nissin scoopies, its noodle coated with masala.. its more of a soup than a noodle though.. quite tasty.. no idea about msg or starch content

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't if Maggi bad for health, but the news sure led me to buy 5 packets of Yippie noodles.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
add lots of carrots when you eat noodles, its a nice way to increase nutrition, also i like carrots in general.. you can also add tomato, onions, chillies, etc

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
ok thanks. yeah carrots, peas, small slices of tomato, onions, chillies, potatoes at times, all topped with butter or cheese, and tastes good as well as makes you feel too that you are eating a fast-food item but after giving it a nutritionally good make-over.

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
any kind of heat will also do the trick :mrgreen: but to remember to keep the temperature below 100 degrees as Arcylamides may be produced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom